News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Phroobar

If the Pirates were walking around NOS engaging in combat and skullduggery, I'd see your point. But POTC is hardly me as a guest put in an "epic battle".
Jack Sparrow use to engage in combat as a walk around person. The live pirates in NOS did some skullduggery along with sing songs.

070524-pirates-lair-at-tom-sawyer-island-disneyland.jpg

The indians use to raid the fort back in Walt's day. They even shot that settler and burned his house.

Earl Sweatpants

Jack Sparrow use to engage in combat as a walk around person. The live pirates in NOS did some skullduggery along with sing songs.

070524-pirates-lair-at-tom-sawyer-island-disneyland.jpg

The indians use to raid the fort back in Walt's day. They even shot that settler and burned his house.
I have literally never seen that. But something tells me it won't be as "jaw-dropping" as Iger insinuates.

britain

I guess all I'm trying to say is, I'd expect that kind of description for the Battle Escape attraction, not the land as a whole.

After close reading, I think the reporter was being a little loose with the ride description, and started using it to apply to the whole land.

I'm sure storyline-wise, the land is a spot where "be careful, cause you never know what brawl could break out, or when a stormtrooper raid might take place" is the theme. Like the stormtroopers standing guard on the second level of the concept art. Something could happen, but the real action is on the rides.

Earl Sweatpants

After close reading, I think the reporter was being a little loose with the ride description, and started using it to apply to the whole land.

I'm sure storyline-wise, the land is a spot where "be careful, cause you never know what brawl could break out, or when a stormtrooper raid might take place" is the theme. Like the stormtroopers standing guard on the second level of the concept art. Something could happen, but the real action is on the rides.
It's gonna have to be a "wait and see" type thing. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if a group of Storm Troopers periodically pass through and accost (Disney-style) guests while eating or shopping.

Phroobar

GiveMeTheMusic

It's gonna have to be a "wait and see" type thing. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if a group of Storm Troopers periodically pass through and accost (Disney-style) guests while eating or shopping.

The press you quoted above misspoke. The battle is contained to the big E-ticket attraction, and not the entire land. Storm Troopers already accost guests in Tomorrowland and at DHS, I'd be surprised if there weren't some roaming about the new land as well.

The Pirates "stunt" show (I use quotes because it was tame to the point of boredom) only happened in the summer of 2006 when the island was rebranded as Pirate's Lair. The Indiana Jones stuff happened in 2008 to coincide with the new movie release.

dweezil78

If the Pirates were walking around NOS engaging in combat and skullduggery, I'd see your point. But POTC is hardly me as a guest put in an "epic battle".

You honestly don't think when POTC opened in 1967, the ship/cannon attack on the fortress was considered epic? My mind would freaking melt if I saw something like that in 1967 --- just as it did when I saw it for the first time in the early 80s as a child.

Earl Sweatpants

You honestly don't think when POTC opened in 1967, the ship/cannon attack on the fortress was considered epic? My mind would freaking melt if I saw something like that in 1967 --- just as it did when I saw it for the first time in the early 80s as a child.
Oh no, I'm sure it was unprecedented in its time. My comments on all that stem from the article where Bob Iger calls stepping into SWL as stepping into an "epic battle between the first order and rebel alliance". Like, am I to expect random laser battles to go on around me??

dweezil78

Oh no, I'm sure it was unprecedented in its time. My comments on all that stem from the article where Bob Iger calls stepping into SWL as stepping into an "epic battle between the first order and rebel alliance". Like, am I to expect random laser battles to go on around me??

Haha, I never take those company press statements at face value. They're always a bit exaggerated. Imagine if any attractions actually lived up to any of those descriptions!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom