News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

truecoat

Curious......any idea how much trees that size cost to purchase and install ........per tree? I have always been curious how much Disney pays to plant fully gown trees like this.

Some of those might be from the riverbank before. They moved them offsite to reuse now. Not all of them but I know some were saved.

D

Deleted member 107043

Our vlogger hero is back at it again!

The newly planted trees behind the ROA rock formations are looking good. They're already beginning to block views of the parking garage.

Screenshot_20170309-071531.png

Are they laying railroad here?

Screenshot_20170309-071558.png

NobodyElse

Hopefully those trees survive being replanted. Trees don't like being dug up and stuck in a box for a year.

You might be surprised. They've been doing this at the "Great Park". They boxed several heritage trees from the old El Toro MCAS and are replanting them in the park and neighborhoods. I believe some have been out of the ground for well over a year. They're remarkably resilient.

Phroobar

You might be surprised. They've been doing this at the "Great Park". They boxed several heritage trees from the old El Toro MCAS and are replanting them in the park and neighborhoods. I believe some have been out of the ground for well over a year. They're remarkably resilient.
That's good. I'm sure the rain helped them.

Earl Sweatpants

Excerpt from TravelMarketReport article posted today.

The Star Wars expansion at Disney World and Disneyland will put guests in the middle of a battle between the resistance and the First Order, the company announced during a shareholder meeting Wednesday.

Walt Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger described the new area as “jaw dropping,” as he provided some of the first details about the expansion. Visitors will be put "in an epic battle between the first order and the rebel alliance," Iger said.

...because if there's one thing Disneyland has always lacked, its an area themed around open warfare...

Disney Analyst

Excerpt from TravelMarketReport article posted today.

The Star Wars expansion at Disney World and Disneyland will put guests in the middle of a battle between the resistance and the First Order, the company announced during a shareholder meeting Wednesday.

Walt Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger described the new area as “jaw dropping,” as he provided some of the first details about the expansion. Visitors will be put "in an epic battle between the first order and the rebel alliance," Iger said.

...because if there's one thing Disneyland has always lacked, its an area themed around open warfare...

Lest we forget Frontierland and the original Rivers of America Journey.... Disneyland has never once based lands and attractions off of war and fighting.. Oh wait Pirates of the Caribbean a ride where they plunder, pillage, and chase after women (before the changes)

Earl Sweatpants

Lest we forget Frontierland and the original Rivers of America Journey.... Disneyland has never once based lands and attractions off of war and fighting.. Oh wait Pirates of the Caribbean a ride where they plunder, pillage, and chase after women (before the changes)
If the Pirates were walking around NOS engaging in combat and skullduggery, I'd see your point. But POTC is hardly me as a guest put in an "epic battle".

Earl Sweatpants

I just feel that concept of war, fighting, and all around dark activities has been well documented at Disneyland in the past... the portrayal of Indians and Native peoples...
Perhaps. I'm not saying you're wrong...but that's just my perception of it. I've never set foot in a land before where I was told to expect active warfare going on around me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom