News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Old Mouseketeer

Guesstimation is some sort of foundation for the Falcon building. Its a vantage point we don't normally see.

Also, you quoted the previous video (which is only 9+ minutes :) ), but I figured out what you meant.

Definitely Falcon building. Nice to see some visible progress there. Also, around 12:48 as it zooms in you can see the new utility building start going vertical to the left of the completed service building and against the green Toontown building. It's definitely much taller than the completed building.

GrizzlyAdams

There's work on what is the expansion pad, so that's potentially interesting, remember:
StarWarsExpansion-Map-Satellite-After-610x518.jpg

Old Mouseketeer

There's work on what is the expansion pad, so that's potentially interesting, remember:
StarWarsExpansion-Map-Satellite-After-610x518.jpg

Clarification: we seem to have blundered into some problems in nomenclature and I fear I may have helped to perpetuate it. When I refer to "expansion pad" I'm using a common term of art around here. But the other graphic from the other site lists the NE corner of SWL and the former Circle D Ranch as "Future Expansion". This is what I am referring to as the site for the completed 10k sq ft utility building and the newer building which has just gone vertical and looks to be two stories. I wasn't sure what you meant by "expansion pad", but I wanted to clarify in case I had helped to muddy the waters.

upload_2017-2-23_22-17-59.jpeg

Stevek

Clarification: we seem to have blundered into some problems in nomenclature and I fear I may have helped to perpetuate it. When I refer to "expansion pad" I'm using a common term of art around here. But the other graphic from the other site lists the NE corner of SWL and the former Circle D Ranch as "Future Expansion". This is what I am referring to as the site for the completed 10k sq ft utility building and the newer building which has just gone vertical and looks to be two stories. I wasn't sure what you meant by "expansion pad", but I wanted to clarify in case I had helped to muddy the waters.

View attachment 191244
Definitely seems to be something going on where the MC map lists an expansion pad. Large concrete slab there.

Old Mouseketeer

Oh I see - the building with a pitched roof. Yeah, you're right that's not for the Falcon. I was thinking of this shot from SILA:

View attachment 191273

Absolutely not the Falcon building. MC has it totally wrong. My inside observers say it must be a service building because of its location. There are a number of backstage facilities that will need a home in either this building or the just-completed building next to it:
  1. Area Operations offices for SWL. (This has to go somewhere)
  2. Facilities Costuming and locker room that was displaced from the building at Winston Gate. The costume issue has been relocated to the main Entertainment building behind Toontown (known as N-19) and the Locker and dressing area is on the ground floor of the North end of Mickey and Friends. (Has to be replaced)
  3. SWL Entertainment Costuming for Meet and Greet and possible Atmosphere (think Citizens of Buena Vista St.), including character deployment desk, character hosts and PhotoPass) . (Required)
  4. Cast Costuming (not Entertainment) for SWL (the area will reportedly have more elaborate cast member costumes, but not a definite).
  5. Space for the Fireworks (Pyro) control room that currently resides in a prefab hut just North of this site. (Just speculation)
  6. Reinstatement of the "FanToon" costume issue that has been closed. Prior to a year ago there was a Cast Costuming location just for Fantasyland and Toontown onstage CMs. (Not sure how likely this is)
  7. Fantasmic Costume Issue. (This could also be recreated at Entertainment/N-19)
This is a compilation of more than a year's info from my rebel spies. Some items are necessary, some have other options, and a couple are purely speculative. But the point is there are a lot of services that need a home and there is more than enough to fill these two buildings.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Absolutely not the Falcon building. MC has it totally wrong. My inside observers say it must be a service building because of its location. There are a number of backstage facilities that will need a home in either this building or the just-completed building next to it:
  1. Area Operations offices for SWL. (This has to go somewhere)
  2. Facilities Costuming and locker room that was displaced from the building at Winston Gate. The costume issue has been relocated to the main Entertainment building behind Toontown (known as N-19) and the Locker and dressing area is on the ground floor of the North end of Mickey and Friends. (Has to be replaced)
  3. SWL Entertainment Costuming for Meet and Greet and possible Atmosphere (think Citizens of Buena Vista St.), including character deployment desk, character hosts and PhotoPass) . (Required)
  4. Cast Costuming (not Entertainment) for SWL (the area will reportedly have more elaborate cast member costumes, but not a definite).
  5. Space for the Fireworks (Pyro) control room that currently resides in a prefab hut just North of this site. (Just speculation)
  6. Reinstatement of the "FanToon" costume issue that has been closed. Prior to a year ago there was a Cast Costuming location just for Fantasyland and Toontown onstage CMs. (Not sure how likely this is)
  7. Fantasmic Costume Issue. (This could also be recreated at Entertainment/N-19)
This is a compilation of more than a year's info from my rebel spies. Some items are necessary, some have other options, and a couple are purely speculative. But the point is there are a lot of services that need a home and there is more than enough to fill these two buildings.

I think there is a lot of confusion due to the photography focal distance. I know what you are referring to, there is structural steel going up closer to Toon town, but I think that's further back and different than the photo @britain posted. Which appears quite consistent with the boundary of the Falcon building.

In terms of the things you are postulating, nothing cast related for Star Wars makes sense this early in the construction timeline.

MC is a reproduction of the contractor site build plans, it's still accurate as far as Star Wars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom