News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Old Mouseketeer

I need a more current aerial photo.

So, if the big steel we see going up is the "Alcatraz" building, then (based on this M&F parking structure POV) between this and Toontown we'll have the Falcon attraction as well as the future expansion pad?

There is no "expansion pad". It's a service area on the NE corner of SWL, West of Toontown. The 10k sq ft building that the city permit identified as wardrobe and dressing is occupied and is being used in the interim for SWL construction management and/or WDI. On the actual NE corner, plumbing and foundation for a second building are complete and it went vertical today. My Bothans tell me it looks like two stories. If these were temporary buildings until the "expansion pad" was used, these would have been glorified trailers. These buildings are meant to last decades.

Nothing they have built in the vicinity suggests that this area is intended to have future guest access either from the FL Theater site or Toontown. So I believe the "expansion pad" moniker is erroneous. YMMV.

TP2000

Today's latest from our favorite lady vlogger. Lots more steel and stuff going on during a holiday weekend that lesser employees take off, even despite all the rain we got over the weekend.

While I watched this video, even with all the huge progress and work that has gone on for the Rivers of America portion of this massive project, when it comes to the River and Fantasmic! I can't help but ask... Is all this stuff really going to be ready for Fantasmic! and rides on the Mark Twain and Canoes by this July??? That's less than five months away. :eek:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Today's latest from our favorite lady vlogger. Lots more steel and stuff going on during a holiday weekend that lesser employees take off, even despite all the rain we got over the weekend.

While I watched this video, even with all the huge progress and work that has gone on for the Rivers of America portion of this massive project, when it comes to the River and Fantasmic! I can't help but ask... Is all this stuff really going to be ready for Fantasmic! and rides on the Mark Twain and Canoes by this July??? That's less than five months away. :eek:

Are those prefab railroad tracks at 7:39??

TP2000

Are those prefab railroad tracks at 7:39??

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think so. They don't appear to have the correct flanges on the tops for a railroad wheel; they have a channel down the middle instead of being a solid . They just appear to be parallel beams of some sort, mounted on a steel rack. But what they are is a mystery.

EDIT: Why they heck would the plural flanges be acceptable for the censors, but the singular version of that word is not? Sometimes this website just makes me laugh! Is the word some sort of teenage swear word I'm not aware of?

EDIT 2.0: Let me try this. In Mexico they serve a delicious custard dessert called Flan. If you add a g and an e to the word Flan, you get a different word that means a sculptured edge of a metal beam that a railroad wheel rides on. Confused? I am.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think so. They don't appear to have the correct flanges on the tops for a railroad wheel; they have a channel down the middle instead of being a solid ******. They just appear to be parallel beams of some sort, mounted on a steel rack. But what they are is a mystery.

EDIT: Why they heck would the plural flanges be acceptable for the censors, but the singular version of that word ****** is not? Sometimes this website just makes me laugh! Is the word ****** some sort of teenage swear word I'm not aware of?

What? :):cat::)

vancee

EDIT: Why they heck would the plural flanges be acceptable for the censors, but the singular version of that word ****** is not? Sometimes this website just makes me laugh! Is the word ****** some sort of teenage swear word I'm not aware of?

EDIT 2.0: Let me try this. In Mexico they serve a delicious custard dessert called Flan. If you add a g and an e to the word Flan, you get a different word that means a sculptured edge of a metal beam that a railroad wheel rides on. Confused? I am.
Just looked it up.. and uhm lol... try looking it up on urban dictionary and you'll know why it was blocked.

SSG

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think so. They don't appear to have the correct flanges on the tops for a railroad wheel; they have a channel down the middle instead of being a solid ******. They just appear to be parallel beams of some sort, mounted on a steel rack. But what they are is a mystery.

I have several friends from the UK and that seems to be a favored slang word over there.

SSG

Just slip this handy photo into the post when the urge to use the F-word becomes overwhelming.

types-of-flanges.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom