News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Earl Sweatpants

I've always pictured the escape ride as being the bigger building.
It IS the bigger building.
StarWarsExpansion-After-610x518.jpg

NobodyElse

Thanks guys.
I swung by there today and took a peek from the structure. Earl: I think the part of the big structure we're seeing (your Green building) is even farther north-west than you illustrate. Also, due to the presence of low (4 '?) walls, it seems like the circular section will be encompassed inside a larger structure (at least on the back and side).

There does appear to be plenty of room to the east of this building, and indeed you can see several interestingly shaped forms going being built in that section.

Video and pictures from the structure just flatten things out so much, it's hard to get a grip on what's really going on. Perhaps in a week or so I'll bring my real camera and try to get some pictures from the sidewalk on Disneyland Dr.

BrianLo

Original Poster
My earlier drawing is flawed, but my guesstimation is that the steel we're seeing it where I indicated in red.
View attachment 189812

Correct! The trailers and the warehouse (?temporary v permanent) is currently occupying a good 1/3-1/2 of the expansion pad. Just so people can figure out where the expansion pad is, it's the building that first went up plus behind it tucked in the corner against toontown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom