News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Stevek

I'd like a detailed breakdown of how much each vlog actually costs. I assume they actually own their own cameras and equipment and aren't renting them.

Definitely to each his own...but when you really break it down, you're essentially paying people you don't know to go and enjoy Disneyland for you...and just report back how awesome it was. Such a bizarre world we live in.
I remember a certain podcast (rhymes with blindow to the blagic) asking people for donations so he could go to WDW and do live podcast recordings there. I called him out on it, he basically said that he needed help to cover the costs of doing his show (which included travel) and I pretty much stopped listening to him at that point. To your point, cameras and software are essentially a one time cost. You really don't need to keep upgrading to the newest and best camera to shoot events or from the top of the Mickey and Friends parking structure.

Earl Sweatpants

I remember a certain podcast (rhymes with blindow to the blagic) asking people for donations so he could go to WDW and do live podcast recordings there. I called him out on it, he basically said that he needed help to cover the costs of doing his show (which included travel) and I pretty much stopped listening to him at that point. To your point, cameras and software are essentially a one time cost. You really don't need to keep upgrading to the newest and best camera to shoot events or from the top of the Mickey and Friends parking structure.
Exactly. It kinda boils down to asking people for money to fund your (rather expensive) hobby but with the promise that you'll show them that you're actually doing it so they feel like they're getting their money's worth.

Kiwiduck

Isn't that what a mature, rational, contributing to society adult should do? Too bad for a lot of people that is a goal to inspire to instead of just the norm.

I think I feel this way as my job has long ceased to have any interest to me. I do it for the money and because I spent so long training for it it seems wrong to give it up. Because of this I admire people following their dreams, especially those who put as much effort into it as these FB guys seem to.

Earl Sweatpants

I think I feel this way as my job has long ceased to have any interest to me. I do it for the money and because I spent so long training for it it seems wrong to give it up. Because of this I admire people following their dreams, especially those who put as much effort into it as these FB guys seem to.
**This is a tangent, but to me, the only time when a job ceases to have interest is when we stop learning. I've had my current job for almost 4 years now and while its not nearly as challenging today as it was when I first started, the more I learn over time, the more fun I have at work. I have a "try and learn one new thing a week" philosophy at my desk and its the only thing that gets me through some tough stretches**

And now, back to Star Wars Land.

HauntedMansionFLA

**This is a tangent, but to me, the only time when a job ceases to have interest is when we stop learning. I've had my current job for almost 4 years now and while its not nearly as challenging today as it was when I first started, the more I learn over time, the more fun I have at work. I have a "try and learn one new thing a week" philosophy at my desk and its the only thing that gets me through some tough stretches**

And now, back to Star Wars Land.
Yes, back to Star Wars Land. It will be a bummer when the shoe buildings start to block out the land.

rle4lunch

I'm not sure why that's surprising. When families went to a two income household, home cooked meals were sure to happen less often.

It's surprising because a. Kids used to have home ec in school to cover this if they didn't learn it at home, and b. Both parents working became a choice, not a mandatory way of life.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Hoping SILA can get another video up this weekend.

Are you unable to post said photo?

Technically the amount of steel has easily quadrupled. This part will continue to evolve very quickly.

Octavius ‏@MintCrocodile 4h4 hours ago
Steel rising in Star Wars Land #Disneyland

C4VIVvsW8AASBMJ.jpg

C4VIXXgXAAExqX3.jpg

The Mur

Those are both May 28, 2011 so that's almost exactly 1 year before it opened. Star Wars Land (Experience?) has got a long ways to go yet.

That's back when it was fun doing construction pictures. I took the World of Color and Cars Land pictures from Mickey's Terror Wheel and the other ones were from the Hyperion after watching the Aladdin show.

Now they take them from Mickey and Friends. Too easy and not enough fun.

Well you can do some shooting from Big Thunder and Gadget! A bit more challenging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom