News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Curious Constance

I wonder how much of the SW Land construction site will be visible from the top deck of the Mark Twain. Presumably trees will be planted along the berm behind the new rock work, but I imagine there'll be glimpses between them until they mature.

They might have to start blocking off the top deck to stop all the blog photographers lol

Ismael Flores

No, there are still domed structures, but in an early batch of concept art, there were some placed on the tops of some of the spires, and it's those that seem to have been removed. I say "seem" because that early art was shown from a ground-level perspective making it more difficult to compare to the aerial-view artwork that Hans has posted. It's unclear to me in that aerial view how much of that rock work is artistic license to dress up the rendering, and how much we might expect to actually be built.

View attachment 188654
I really liked those structures even if they were slightly seen from other parts of the park. I would have even better if they had turned the largest one into a sit down restaurant with views of the park.

Practical Pig

I really liked those structures even if they were slightly seen from other parts of the park. I would have even better if they had turned the largest one into a sit down restaurant with views of the park.

I think a restaurant up high with views of SWL (I'd still rather the land was very discreet to the rest of the park) would be great if it was possible. But I think in practice the spaces would have been too small. Surely WDI will be employing forced perspective to make those rock work spires look larger and taller than they actually are.

HauntedMansionFLA

Fresh Baked's Dave has mentioned that a couple of times security asked him not to take video of SWL, but still photos were OK (weird distinction to make). Then he said the Slice of Disney guy was stopped and had his name and contact info taken down by security, which would make you think you could be banned from the park if you were caught a second time. If that's the new policy, these types of videos may not be around much longer.
Is that his real job? Fresh Baked?

Kiwiduck

David (as well as the others on Freshbaked) have other jobs. He doesn't live in his parents basement, he is a parent who supports a family. They travel to the parks in the weekend and put out vlogs during the week. As well as the money they make from youtube they also have a patreon they make money from each month, which helps pay for their park expenses.

I admire anyone with the drive to try and make a good life for themselves following their interests while also fulfilling their adult responsibilities.

Phroobar

I admire anyone with the drive to try and make a good life for themselves following their interests while also fulfilling their adult responsibilities.
Isn't that what a mature, rational, contributing to society adult should do? Too bad for a lot of people that is a goal to inspire to instead of just the norm.

rle4lunch

Isn't that what a mature, rational, contributing to society adult should do? Too bad for a lot of people that is a goal to inspire to instead of just the norm.

The new buzzword 'adulting' comes to mind. The fact that over 75% of millenials surveyed say they've never made a home cooked meal and/or don't know how to should scare the S$$! out of society as a whole.

Earl Sweatpants

David (as well as the others on Freshbaked) have other jobs. He doesn't live in his parents basement, he is a parent who supports a family. They travel to the parks in the weekend and put out vlogs during the week. As well as the money they make from youtube they also have a patreon they make money from each month, which helps pay for their park expenses.

wow. They have 187 patreons and earn $1,381 per month...and for only $100 a month, you can get a producer credit on their videos!!!

truecoat

The new buzzword 'adulting' comes to mind. The fact that over 75% of millenials surveyed say they've never made a home cooked meal and/or don't know how to should scare the S$$! out of society as a whole.

I'm not sure why that's surprising. When families went to a two income household, home cooked meals were sure to happen less often.

SSG

wow. They have 187 patreons and earn $1,381 per month...and for only $100 a month, you can get a producer credit on their videos!!!
If I'm correctly understanding how the Fresh Baked crew operates, the money helps offset the costs of producing the vlog (camera equipment, editing software and the like). They also use the money to pay for up-charge events and new food offerings, and then reporting on those in the vlog. For example, during the Festival of Holidays they tried just about all of those outrageously priced offerings, which provides a service of a sort for the viewer. I don't think I'd ever send them money but if someone wants to throw them a few bucks, each to their own.

Earl Sweatpants

If I'm correctly understanding how the Fresh Baked crew operates, the money helps offset the costs of producing the vlog (camera equipment, editing software and the like). They also use the money to pay for up-charge events and new food offerings, and then reporting on those in the vlog. For example, during the Festival of Holidays they tried just about all of those outrageously priced offerings, which provides a service of a sort for the viewer. I don't think I'd ever send them money but if someone wants to throw them a few bucks, each to their own.
I'd like a detailed breakdown of how much each vlog actually costs. I assume they actually own their own cameras and equipment and aren't renting them. At $1,381 a month, they pull in $16,572 a year which could easily cover all their passes, and leave them with a boatload of cash to blow on all the food items they want.

Definitely to each his own...but when you really break it down, you're essentially paying people you don't know to go and enjoy Disneyland for you...and just report back how awesome it was. Such a bizarre world we live in.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom