News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

BrianLo

Original Poster
Wow, that's the first I've heard of that. Disney management...ambitious but rubbish*

*bonus points to anyone who gets that reference.

Really, I thought that was more well circulated?

We'll see, but structural steel went up on Pandora around the same time, but two years ago. Both projects "started" in January. I think the hope was to shave 6 months off Pandora's timeline, but so far I haven't seen evidence in the actual land itself. It also depends on how things look once resources shift from the river to the actual land, perhaps it will go into hyper speed.

Even if it slips I imagine we'll get it early spring 2019.

britain

Really, I thought that was more well circulated?

We'll see, but structural steel went up on Pandora around the same time, but two years ago. Both projects "started" in January. I think the hope was to shave 6 months off Pandora's timeline, but so far I haven't seen evidence in the actual land itself. It also depends on how things look once resources shift from the river to the actual land, perhaps it will go into hyper speed.

Even if it slips I imagine we'll get it early spring 2019.

It will probably be for the best. I'd hate to see SWL premiere in the middle of the holiday crush. Better to open during the slightly sleepier early months of the year to work kinks out.

BrianLo

Original Poster
You should predict SWL will slip to 2019 as well.

Earnings Call just stated 2019 opening.

Coincidence?

latest

Phroobar

TDO can't even get a simple water fountain show working at DAC. How do we expect them to build three new lands efficiently?

GiveMeTheMusic

I mean, I cannot believe that DHS' SWL will be open in 2019. It would require them allocating resources to the project to finish it in a timely manner, which TDO just doesn't do anymore. It would require Iger-level pushing, and that would be the only reason it could happen.

TDA would still like SWL at DL to open by the end of 2018, even if just softs. That's looking less likely all the time, but you never know what determined people can do.

D

Deleted member 107043

Emmanuel

Did you see this comment?

"What does this mean for the rides that are already Star Wars themed in Frontierland?"

Huh? What? Who? :confused:

And then there was this one:

"Where will it be located in SoCal? Will it replace something?"

Just goes to show that even the most dedicated Disney fans can be pretty clueless about these things.

Don't me started on those that didn't know that Aladdin a Musical Spectacular and Tower of Terror have been replaced. But how many really read the official blog?

D

Deleted member 107043

Don't me started on those that didn't know that Aladdin a Musical Spectacular and Tower of Terror have been replaced. But how many really read the official blog?

I would imagine that traffic there is pretty high, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom