News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

TP2000

Do you have a Scotch preference? You know, for "research".

For my evening sip in the den, it's generally Dewar's 12. Trader Joe's has the cheapest price in town.

Looks like we wont be getting anymore vids or pics from the parking structure overlooking SWL, A Slice of Disney posted a vid today saying it would be the last as he was stopped while filming by security and were told they were no longer allowed to film the backlot.

Boo! But who I am booing is the cheesy parking garage security guard that takes his job a tad too seriously.

"No photos at Disneyland! This is private property!"
Uh, dude, there's 4,000 parking spaces on just these two upper floors that require 8,000 or more people per day to walk directly past this perfect aerial view of this massive construction site. I think the secret is out!

Maybe it just depends on the security guard. I'm sure it's something most don't care about, but then there's the one that thinks it's a big deal.

I'm sure that's what it is. That one vlogger got the militant security guard who'd had two coffees that day and was out to kick some vlogger butt.

If Disney's security team really goes that route, all it would take is for someone to put their GoPro into their hat and just stand at the rail for a few minutes to capture the action. As if the $15 an hour security team is going to try to prevent people from looking over the balcony on the upper level walkways of the Mickey & Friends parking structure. :rolleyes:

TP2000

D

Deleted member 107043

Boo! But who I am booing is the cheesy parking garage security guard that takes his job a tad too seriously.

"No photos at Disneyland! This is private property!"
Uh, dude, there's 4,000 parking spaces on just these two upper floors that require 8,000 or more people per day to walk directly past this perfect aerial view of this massive construction site. I think the secret is out!

I'm sure that's what it is. That one vlogger got the militant security guard who'd had two coffees that day and was out to kick some vlogger butt.

If Disney's security team really goes that route, all it would take is for someone to put their GoPro into their hat and just stand at the rail for a few minutes to capture the action. As if the $15 an hour security team is going to try to prevent people from looking over the balcony on the upper level walkways of the Mickey & Friends parking structure. :rolleyes:

It would take me a few seconds to go up there and snap a handful pics and maybe a short video clip with my camera phone. I'd be done and out before security could do anything. Where these bloggers messed up is spending too much time up there. There's really no need for 20 minutes of construction video footage every week.

D

Deleted member 107043

It's crazy banter like this that makes me enjoy coming here. :)

Moving back to construction for a moment, the rockwork along the ROA is progressing nicely.

SWL-Jan-27-S-7.jpg

SWL-Jan-27-S-6.jpg

Edit: here's the same area in early August last year.

SWL-Aug-4-HB-4.jpg

truecoat

There's really a lot going on. Last week's rains put a stop to most work, and the OC Register today ran a story about how Orange County got a year's worth of rainfall in just 4 days time. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lake-742328-water-last.html

It's a modern miracle that they are able to get in and go full blast on construction so quickly after all that water.

In the grand scheme of things it wasn't that much rain. They should be able to get back to it quickly.

Emmanuel

It would take me a few seconds to go up there and snap a handful pics and maybe a short video clip with my camera phone. I'd be done and out before security could do anything. Where these bloggers messed up is spending too much time up there. There's really no need for 20 minutes of construction video footage every week.

If they really wanted no one taking pictures or video from the parking structure, they could put some sort of cover on that side. Yeah it may be ugly but at least it'll guarantee that no one will be trying to do it again.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like we wont be getting anymore vids or pics from the parking structure overlooking SWL, A Slice of Disney posted a vid today saying it would be the last as he was stopped while filming by security and were told they were no longer allowed to film the backlot.

It's not the first time this has happened. I don't think security is to consistent about this.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The last time I got involved with Wikipedia it was around 2005. I was enjoying some Scotch and edited a few things on the pages for Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss. The lawyers for both people didn't let those edits last long. (Or maybe the changes were made by a personal secretary, or maybe even by Messrs. Harriss and Pressler themselves also enjoying a Scotch).

I imagine the Wikepedia article on how the Mark Twain operates was edited by some $10 an hour WDW ride operator who assumes the Disneyland boat and busy river operates the same way their lone boat on a drainage canal also works. I'd hate to ruin their work. :cool:

we need the old boats guy from MC to show up. He knew everything about watercraft at DLR..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom