News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

GoofGoof

Premium Member
1) Reading lots of reports on Twitter about rude Cast Members in the Cantina. Anyone experience this?
It is modeled after a certain “wretched hive of scum and villainy” we all know. Maybe they are just getting into character, or maybe some people tried to bring their droids in ;)

Anyone spot the Walrus Guy with one arm yet? I guess maybe he’d be dead or really old by that time line but who knows how long aliens live for.

Magic Feather

Interesting. I wonder if Oga’s will also be added to the virtual queue they will be using for the rides once the reservation system ends on 6/23. It makes sense since the capacity is low and the demand should be really high for a long time.
VQ is for the land, not just the rides.

Bongocrab88

Sounds like they have anticipated Olga’s demand somewhat with how quickly they rolled out text notification system.

My prediction-
Fastpass system of entering the land will be the norm for the foreseeable future (1 year+) and priority will be given to DL hotel guests.

Expanded Cantina within the next 2 years and a revamp blue milk.

Ismael Flores

2 Things:

1) Reading lots of reports on Twitter about rude Cast Members in the Cantina. Anyone experience this?

2) After watching a video of Savi's its amazing to me how much emotion the Star Wars Music really holds on me, and how incredible the experience was with it. I wish we could have BGM in the land so badly. I get it's not "realistic" but c'mon, what is Star Wars without it!

it really isn't members being rude, if people are reporting that than obviously they missed the point.
cast members are playing a role and they are doing a great job

Ismael Flores

Sounds like they have anticipated Olga’s demand somewhat with how quickly they rolled out text notification system.

My prediction-
Fastpass system of entering the land will be the norm for the foreseeable future (1 year+) and priority will be given to DL hotel guests.

Expanded Cantina within the next 2 years and a revamp blue milk.

the blue milk was actually good, it had a familiar taste with an unusual consistency. my group was pleasantly surprised.

it almost had a milky consistency but good flavor

Bongocrab88

the blue milk was actually good, it had a familiar taste with an unusual consistency. my group was pleasantly surprised.

it almost had a milky consistency but good flavor

Great to hear, I’m looking forward to trying it myself (6/15!)

Reviews seem a bit mixed so far, I haven’t heard anyone yet put it on the butterbeer tier. DL seems particularly obsessed with finding their own must have drink. I think they’ll keep tinkering till they have it. Maybe they’ll revamp green milk first.

Ismael Flores

so to continue my experience i will talk about smugglers revenge.

the queue is great, simple well themed and works for the storyline. its themed to what looks like a grungy hangar it even has the smell of oil and fuel which really adds to the experience. the queue is a series of ramps that leads to a hallway with great views of the ship.

the preshow is well done and the animatronics are amazing. from there you enter a hallway that turns into the ships hallways and then the chess room. the wait was minimal in the chess room and it was easy to hear when your group is called.

going back a bit, groups are split into at least six and castmember just passes out the color coded cards out. Our group was brown and each card had your job assignment. our group got them in order- first pilot and copilot, two gunners and we had one engineer.

ok now for the ride, our group only had five. when we sat down and put seatbelt on, cast asks you to activate your seat by pushing a red button. empty seat go automatic and program takes over.

the five people in my group had a blast, none of us had any issues with not being able to see the screens.
the screens cover every window which are almost over the first four seats and quite visible for the mechanics.
the whole issue people mention with the seating facing forward with buttons on side was also not an issue for us.
for gunners before you start you have a manual and automatic button to press. we clicked in manual. then saw the three shooting buttons and placed hands over them.
Non of us are gamers and hand no problem enjoying the screens and feeling buttons besides us.

The ride was amazingly fun and exciting. our pilot kept crashing at times aming ship rumble. if he pushed down to hard the ship would free fall.

basically bad drivers make the ride more exciting.

when we finished we got a scolding from the alien dude and got some hard stares frim the crew members. the hallways were sparking and lights flickering.

now what i did not experience is the connection that was rumored between being a bad driver and being reminded in other parta of land.

what i did see was a funny encounter at the market place. a guy purchased something and when he was paying the cashier told him that he had a bounty in him.
the cashier then told him if he wanted to see something special telling him to wait and stall while she called it in to collect bounty.
the guys was shocked at first then realized what was going on and smile.
It was pretty funny as storm troopers were closed by and got distracted by a local Batuu and took them in a chase.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

Great to hear, I’m looking forward to trying it myself (6/15!)

Reviews seem a bit mixed so far, I haven’t heard anyone yet put it on the butterbeer tier. DL seems particularly obsessed with finding their own must have drink. I think they’ll keep tinkering till they have it. Maybe they’ll revamp green milk first.
i was so glad it wasnt sweet, the yellow was alao delicious.

the moof drink and phataa in the cargo bay were also good.

sponono88

From BlogMickeys tweet, Rey is looking quite stylish in her costume for cooler weather

Ismael Flores

The first thing i didn't care for is that some of the upper level castmembers where wandering the land out of character. One lady helping with Cantina actually took the incentive of blending and added some scarfs and headdress to fit in while other mostly men just wondered around looking like they just came from TDA.

the same thing goes for security, they really should force then to wear something that is themed as well.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

second thing that annoyed me was how they had a large group of themed cast members creating a barrier into Savi workshop.

it looked intimidating and unprofessional as well as out of theme to have “local” lined up. guests had no idea was going on and stayed away an flet lost wandering around looking for the place.

all they really needed was a couple of them letting people know what the wait was and how they could sign up.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

third thing that was annoying. lots of people including my group found no clothing themed or not that was made for Adult men. every store that has some kind of cool jacket or shirt where all for children. we asked in case they hadn't stocked and they said most of them were children size and some women.
only thing were hats and actual costumes and for some odd reasons lots of throw rugs.

Ismael Flores

oh by the way, the restroom are marked restrooms and not refreshers.

we asked one of those upper level castmembers that were out of theme where refreshers were and they looked lost.
so then asked where restrooms where and answer was. “ i think there are some near market place”

really, they dont even know the layout of the land?
the regular castmembers were more professional and were following the theme guide lines

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

I've heard there's no bgm and from watching videos, yeah. There's no music? People are saying this is for "immersion". Like, there shouldn't be music playing. That doesn't seem right to me at all. The Star War movies feature almost wall-to-wall music, like Disney theme parks. You have access to John Williams and you don't even use him for ambient underscore for this place? Someone tell me they just haven't flipped the on switch yet or something. If immersion means no music, I vote less immersion.
this is one thing we noticed but only after we left the land and got hit by the music in Disneyland.

being in Batuu really takes you away from the feeling you are at Disneyland. you don't hear the train or s from boats.

the ambience noise is amazing. This land has some superb sound system.
we were so glad that there was no ambience music but instead enjoyed the sounds of creatures roaming and the hustle of locals.
so many times we turned around when we heard the noises of creatures in the trees in the resistance area.

the most incredible sound was on the eastern side of the land. hearing the ships turning on and then occasionally hearing ships fly overhead. they use a multi level system that surrounds you and you hear the ships fly close over you and then fade away. we looked up so many times.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

Check out Launch Bay for the men’s clothes. They have a really nice polo there. I love buying stuff to show my nerdom that are work appropriate.
i did see the one polo but the one i saw was white.

not sure why they feel the need to use white or brown so much.

even in mainstreet they had racks and racks of opening day leftovers white t-shirts. saw some if the black ones but they had them behind counter. castmember said they wanted to get rid of the white ones first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom