News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

britain

SPOILERS BELOW- SHOWING RIDE BUILDING INSIDE.

Experienced a long breakdown today. Hondo had LOTS of video scenes making light of the breakdown. Then it went black.

A while passed before we got “rescued.”

In the end, We were walked off and immediately we’re boarded on for Another go at it.

The show Building is quite impressive! The dome really wraps around the cockpit.

Only caught two photos.

Wow! QR codes at the base of the screen - cool!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well on day 1 many many guests overstayed their reservation times by hours. There was no sweep of the land. Disney is bending over backwards to make sure people don't complain. Maybe that will change but the first day was very lax.
It was posted a few pages back that they are not forcing people out of the land. They are stopping you from getting into line if your time is up or almost up. If the wait is 60 mins and you have 30 mins left in your time slot they won’t even let you in the line. They are doing nothing to stop people from walking around the land after the 4 hours are up.

TROR

I’ll be holding off entirely from watching any video of RotR because I know that’s an attraction I want to and will be riding next Summer. With Falcon, I’m not so sure so I decided to watch a ride through to help me decide if I want to wait more than thirty minutes for it when I go this Summer. Frankly, I don’t think I would and I’m glad I know that before waiting 2 hours on my one day trip.

MoonRakerSCM

Advertised food-

Actual food-

RunningKoen

Disney was no help either. Our first chance to soak up the Millennium Falcon was blocked by a family who was being filmed from multiple angles so violently “excited” I thought the mother was going to shake the son to death.

Then the cameras cut and the family was pretty chill.

Until later they walked into the marketplace (couldn’t escape them) and were screaming and flailing their bodies, grabbing each other so so violently.

I can’t wait for the cameras and the vlogs to die down so people can experience Batuu and the story of Star Wars.

I mean, there aren’t even enough things to do to warrant a vlog about it. The land is about exploring and walking through unmarked doors to see what you find. Don’t watch the damn vlogs. And Disney, calm down with the cringy families.

Give it a week, max a month. The most important influencers and vloggers need to visit asap, otherwise their fanbase would be disappointed (because all their competitors will have SW:GE vlogs by then).
And after a while, the land and attractions are shown so often, vlogs of it aren't just worth the time. Some people will still do it, but thats the same for every bit of Disneyland or any park. But most of it will be just the ' making a snap for my 10 friends' kind of talking to the camera.

Clickbait and/or creative content is hard to create for something that isn't new anymore and featured so heavily. Another benefit of this registration period :)

Old Mouseketeer

That actually doesn’t look too far off.

The Fried Endorian Tip Yip on the other hand... 💩

View attachment 378415

Ours looked better than that. I thought the chicken loaf was really tasty, but I think some people may be a bit put off by the "loaf" aspect of it--kind of like Johnny Carson's justly famous quip: "What part of the chicken are the 'nuggets'?"

And the gravy looks grayish-green in this picture and ours was definitely light brown. I sampled both the ribs and the chicken and I preferred the ribs. Also, I had friends give me mixed reviews of the shrimp and noodles.

But here's a hot rumor: Everyone I have talked to said they thought the sporks at Docking Bay Seven were: a) totally awesome and metal not plastic, b) they were going to "walk away in large numbers", and c) they should sell them as a souvenir and they would make a bundle. Well, now I hear they no longer stock them at the condiments bar--they give them out with your order, and they are showing up on ebay!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom