News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Surferboy567

What do they consider Chewbacca and Stromtroopers then?

The thing that really bothers me like I said above is people will pick out the stupidest thing (that isn’t even true might I add) it will blow up and be negative press. That video I mentioned 19 likes and a comment section full of angry “fans”. They clearly haven’t done their research.

Another thing he’s like “the rides are misleading and lines are congested” THE LAND ISN'T EVEN OPEN YET.

What the hell is so misleading in the title MILLENNIUM FALCON: SMUGGLERS RUN

NateD1226

The thing that really bothers me like I said above is people will pick out the stupidest thing (that isn’t even true might I add) it will blow up and be negative press. That video I mentioned 19 likes and a comment section full of angry “fans”. They clearly haven’t done their research.

Another thing he’s like “the rides are misleading and lines are congested” THE LAND ISN'T EVEN OPEN YET.

As I have said before, SR is one the best rides at Disneyland. It would be in my Top 3. The characters walking around were amazing! You are totally right: People MUST do their research.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I just saw a YT video from someone saying that galaxy’s edge is getting “terrible” reviews. The reason becuase they don’t have original characters such as Luke...man it’s really fun how STUPID people are sometimes.

It really makes me angry how people are rooting for Star Wars and by extension Galaxy’s Edge to do bad...I really don’t want this kinda mentality to ruin an otherwise great experience.

Anyways...I’m super excited for tommorow when the floodgates open and we get our first taste of Batuu from videos.
Haters gonna hate. With reviews a lot of people like to be contrarian because they think it makes them seem sophisticated. Everyone with knowledge of the basic idea of a SW themed land knows it will be a success so some people don’t want to be part of the masses loving it.

The majority of reviews here from people who have actually seen the land are overwhelmingly positive and seem to be fair and balanced reviews with plenty of details and criticism where it’s due. I am with you that tomorrow is exciting :)

Surferboy567

Not sure if this has been seen but I saw this on Reddit.

An actual photo taken within the land.

Attachments

• 80A47B0C-2BB4-4937-96D8-CD7849F387DA.jpeg
    80A47B0C-2BB4-4937-96D8-CD7849F387DA.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 264

NateD1226

Not sure if this has been seen but I saw this on Reddit.

An actual photo taken within the land.
I think it was posted a few pages back on the other thread. There were people using phones in the land but they had a green lanyard with the Disney Play app symbol on the bottom. Did I miss something when it came for some people getting to use their phones?

fctiger

At least based on everything I read here and other places it seems to be overwhelmingly positive so far. But its still a planet of 7 billion people, not everyone is going to love everything. And of course once the masses really see it starting this week, maybe there will be more disappointment than it is now, so we still have to wait and see what most think. But so far most seem to at least like it if not outright drool over it.

And remember, this is WITH the star attraction, ROTR, not even open yet.

Old Mouseketeer

I think it was posted a few pages back on the other thread. There were people using phones in the land but they had a green lanyard with the Disney Play app symbol on the bottom. Did I miss something when it came for some people getting to use their phones?

There was an opportunity to borrow a Disney phone to test the new PlayApp within GE. My friend and I did this, but really didn't use it much.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I just saw a YT video from someone saying that galaxy’s edge is getting “terrible” reviews. The reason becuase they don’t have original characters such as Luke...man it’s really fun how STUPID people are sometimes.

It really makes me angry how people are rooting for Star Wars and by extension Galaxy’s Edge to do bad...I really don’t want this kinda mentality to ruin an otherwise great experience.

Anyways...I’m super excited for tommorow when the floodgates open and we get our first taste of Batuu from videos.
I don't think they are rooting for it to fail as so much their expectations were let down somewhat. I think it is pefectly fair for your average guest who has not been following up with the details of the land such as the theme and what time it takes place in the star wars universe to expect they will see things and people they know from the films such as Luke, Han, Vader and be let down when they don't see those things. Now in this day and age they should have done some research before going to the land. 5 minutes on the net would have answered all their questions ahead of time but your average tourist is not going to do that. they are expecting "STAR WARS: THE LAND" Instead of the story Disney is trying to tell within the land. so i get why they would feel that way.

Sharon&Susan

A problem with a lot of “nerd culture” focused news YouTube channels (especially ones that are based off one specific franchise) is that they feel the need to rush out content quickly, done with no research and no script while also stretching out very minor news. I expect within a week all the big Star Wars “news” channels to have at least one clickbaity video about SWGE with titles such as such as:
MILLENNIUM FALCON Gives BIG (CENSORED BY MODS) for RIDING It?!?!?!
$200 LIGHTSABER DOESN’T (CENSORED BY MODS) LIMBS OFf?!?!.
KATHLEEN KENNEDY (CENSORED BY MODS) DISAPPOINTED OF STAR WARS THEME PARK?!?!
STAR WARS THEME PARK HAS (CENSORED BY MODS) LINE?!? WHO WOULDVE THOUGHT?!?!
DI$NEY (CENSORED BY MODS) OVER GEORGE LUCAS’S (CENSORED BY MODS) BODY BY NOT INCLUDING JAR JAR BINKS!!!!

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't think they are rooting for it to fail as so much their expectations were let down somewhat. I think it is pefectly fair for your average guest who has not been following up with the details of the land such as the theme and what time it takes place in the star wars universe to expect they will see things and people they know from the films such as Luke, Han, Vader and be let down when they don't see those things. Now in this day and age they should have done some research before going to the land. 5 minutes on the net would have answered all their questions ahead of time but your average tourist is not going to do that. they are expecting "STAR WARS: THE LAND" Instead of the story Disney is trying to tell within the land. so i get why they would feel that way.
I said this when it was first announced. I thought some visitors would be disappointed not seeing the classic characters or classic sets from the movies. Now seeing how this all came together I think what has been done is so much better. Way more immersive. Any “classic Star Wars” fan still has to have boarding the MF as one of their top 3 Star Wars fantasies.

imarc

I said this when it was first announced. I thought some visitors would be disappointed not seeing the classic characters or classic sets from the movies. Now seeing how this all came together I think what has been done is so much better. Way more immersive. Any “classic Star Wars” fan still has to have boarding the MF as one of their top 3 Star Wars fantasies.

Well, thank goodness we have Star Tours.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well, thank goodness we have Star Tours.
For now. There have been rumors that it may be repurposed to another IP. I thought maybe GoTG but that has stand alone rides now on both coasts. I would be fine with it staying and now seeing how GE works it makes sense it wasn’t directly connected to the land at DHS. I do hope they keep it SW but feel it may go at least at DHS.

Rich T

Remember, most people visiting SW and looking for Luke, Leia and Han aren't stupid. They're normal people with lives. Most guests visiting SWGE will not be hardcore SW nerds or theme park geeks. They'll be families on vacation. Most people watch a SW film and then get on with their lives. They don't dwell on backstories, make-believe history or the ins and outs of film making. When they go to "Star Wars Land," they expect to see Darth Vader, light sabers, the Milenium Falcon, Chewbacca and stormtroopers. They expect the rides to be fun and worth waiting in line for.

I expect, depending on how much merchandise future films sell, the land will grown more and more mainstream, to the point where, eventually, it will mainly reference the original classic trilogy and all its iconic imagery.

Rich T

Exactly. Even local news crews generally have only the most basic SW knowlege when reporting on the land. Notice that everyone perks up whenever they see Stormtroopers or the Falcon; it's something they recognize.

imarc

Remember, most people visiting SW and looking for Luke, Leia and Han aren't stupid. They're normal people with lives. Most guests visiting SWGE will not be hardcore SW nerds or theme park geeks. They'll be families on vacation. Most people watch a SW film and then get on with their lives. They don't dwell on backstories, make-believe history or the ins and outs of film making. When they go to "Star Wars Land," they expect to see Darth Vader, light sabers, the Milenium Falcon, Chewbacca and stormtroopers. They expect the rides to be fun and worth waiting in line for.

I expect, depending on how much merchandise future films sell, the land will grown more and more mainstream, to the point where, eventually, it will mainly reference the original classic trilogy and all its iconic imagery.

Do you think it's normal people with normal lives who haven't followed anything since the original trilogy who are at Galaxy's Edge right now pointing out that the chess room isn't the right size?

Rich T

Do you think it's normal people with normal lives who haven't followed anything since the original trilogy who are at Galaxy's Edge right now?
I'd say most CMs and Disney employees are not hardcore SW fans. And I'd also say most of them are having a nice time and not going online making negative comments about it.

Last edited:

britain

The vast majority of them are not online making negative comments. The majority are the silent, happy preview guests having a nice time.

The vast majority will be happy that it’s the freaking Millennium Falcon and not a boxy Starspeeder 3000. A very small fraction will be disappointed that it will be Kylo walking around and not Vader.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom