News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Practical Pig

Agree but are the other entrances really jump cuts? I thought they were also described as slow dissolves, albeit not as slow as the Critter Country entrance.

Not having experienced it yet, I can't be sure, though space-wise, they are much more abrupt. But I've also noted comments about how well the sudden entrances are supported with audio, perhaps easing the transition, so maybe it's a wait-and-see-for-ourselves situation. But still lacking that personal experience, a meandering path as opposed to a quick duck under the berm seems to me to qualify.

NateD1226

What are the probable stand by wait times for Falcon once the land is off reservation?
I'm going to guess 3-6 hours for the first month or so. The queue is not that long and will not hold that many guests. Don't be surprised if the line for the ride goes out the land.

JD2000

I'm going to guess 3-6 hours for the first month or so. The queue is not that long and will not hold that many guests. Don't be surprised if the line for the ride goes out the land.
90 to 120 minute waits could be more realistic. Pandora rides were about 180 to 240 hour waits that declined over the first month, no? And they had FastPass, right?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
But isn't that why they are doing the virtual queuing system for a while? To limit the number of people in the land at a given time to avoid lines going out of the land?

What hasn't been confirmed yet is if after the reservation month and during the virtual queuing if they will still implement a time limit in the land.

Old Mouseketeer

I expect the path from Critter Country to SW:GE to be my preferred entry experience whenever we eventually get there after the insanity of the opening. In cinema terms it's a slow dissolve instead of the jump-cuts of the other entrances, and I anticipate that will ease the transition from the charm of classic DL into this brave new world of Gigantic IP Immersion.

And yes, the land was specifically designed for DL's space, carved-out of Frontierland and backstage, and then adapted slightly for the DHS version with a compass reorientation and a slight spacial clipping of this transitional area, meaning that the running joke on this forum that DL's SW:GE is bigger than DHS's is slightly true.

So you admit it's bigger? LOL

Surferboy567

I’m super excited to get our first video from inside the land. Can anyone tell me when the media event “officially” starts? Is it tomorrow? Or Wednesday with the dedication?

dlr74

I’m super excited to get our first video from inside the land. Can anyone tell me when the media event “officially” starts? Is it tomorrow? Or Wednesday with the dedication?
Some media begins tomorrow however there is an embargo until Wednesday evening.

Expect to see every news site and blog in existence to post at 6pm Pacific time on Wednesday.

Practical Pig

So you admit it's bigger? LOL

Admit it? I embrace it! :cool:

DLR is/are my park/s. I was amused by the DL/DHS overlay comparison that someone (whom I would credit if I could find that post quickly, and thanks to them for that) posted. It confirmed that DL's SW:GE is indeed very slightly larger, which I had largely thought of as a running gag. But it turns out to be noticeably true. :p

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run feels like a video game because it is one. Your actions on the attraction directly impact the action on the screen, thus, video game. That's the difference between SR and something like Flight of Passage: FOP is all pre-rendered stuff. SR is pretty much being rendered on the fly, and reacts directly to your input. That's why SR looks like a video game compared to FOP.
I am going to respectfully disagree with you on this one sir. Not be contrarian for contrarian's sake. but because I think they could have made it not look like a video game to make it interactive. I seem to recall in the late 80's or early 90's another video game system around the time Nintendo came out that had a haunted house type game where you entered the house and hunted the ghosts by shooting them with a gun similar to the Nintendo gun. The thing that has stood with me all this time and impressed me the most was the haunted house elements were filmed live action and practically on a real set and the ghosts were added in later either animation or another form of VFX. but the point was I could shoot the ghosts and they would disappear or I would miss the same ghost on the next go around and it would still be on the video. so if that technology existed back then to pull that off, surely Disney could have made this falcon ride on the level of the original Star Tours or at least have movie quality cgi as Star Tours 2.0 and still keep the interactive elements. I just don't recall the name of the system or actual name of the game from back then. but it did exist.

Sharon&Susan

I am going to respectfully disagree with you on this one sir. Not be contrarian for contrarian's sake. but because I think they could have made it not look like a video game to make it interactive. I seem to recall in the late 80's or early 90's another video game system around the time Nintendo came out that had a haunted house type game where you entered the house and hunted the ghosts by shooting them with a gun similar to the Nintendo gun. The thing that has stood with me all this time and impressed me the most was the haunted house elements were filmed live action and practically on a real set and the ghosts were added in later either animation or another form of VFX. but the point was I could shoot the ghosts and they would disappear or I would miss the same ghost on the next go around and it would still be on the video. so if that technology existed back then to pull that off, surely Disney could have made this falcon ride on the level of the original Star Tours or at least have movie quality cgi as Star Tours 2.0 and still keep the interactive elements. I just don't recall the name of the system or actual name of the game from back then. but it did exist.
I don’t think an FMV flight simulator would really work. It wouldn’t allow allow for much freedom and result in a heavily scripted experience where you’re only given one or two options to deal with the threat or fail. Kinda like Dragon’s Lair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom