News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Some media begins tomorrow however there is an embargo until Wednesday evening.

Were there CM previews last Friday or was that a media event? A Dutch podcast is releasing an episode tonight about SW:GE (first for those who are backing them on Patreon, later for other subscribers). So far that's probably nothing different from the various reports we've read or heard, but it might contain extra info if it's not just about a CM preview.

Franklin47disneyguy

Were there CM previews last Friday or was that a media event? A Dutch podcast is releasing an episode tonight about SW:GE (first for those who are backing them on Patreon, later for other subscribers). So far that's probably nothing different from the various reports we've read or heard, but it might contain extra info if it's not just about a CM preview.

The host was invited by a befriended CM to join them on a CM preview, so he wasn't able to take pictures or video.

mickEblu

Was that really supposed to be better than Harry Potter?

/First Impression

Do you mean the Falcon ride or the land? The land as a whole and ROTR are definitely supposed to beat Potter as a land and FJ. However, IMO DLR had like 10 attractions better than FJ before SWL even opened. Heck, Universal has 2 or 3 too.

Janir

My resolve to not buy anything is already starting to crack...
Mine went after seeing the merch up close at Star Wars Celebration. Now I have to plan on 2 lightsabers and 2 droids for the DW and I, and maybe a porg for the dogs. (That's an expensive 2 hour chew toy however.)

Janir

**Already posted this on the construction page but this thread seems more appropriate**

Got to visit Galaxy's Edge yesterday.

I experienced every single offering except for the Cantina (it was a 3 hour wait)
Below is my in depth review and OPINIONS of the land. Keep in mind that I have seen some Star Wars films but am not a not a Star Wars fanatic.. but a huge theme park/imagineering fan.. So take that for what it's worth.

SPOILERS BELOW

THE LAND: 10/10
-The transitions from frontier/fantasy are seamless, buildings are tall, the trees are beautiful. There's a ton of shaded areas, places to sit down, and just areas to relax and kick back. Lots of exploring to do! Each store location has Star Wars-y doors.. big sets of double doors that aggressively slide open and close (I don't have a better way to describe them but it was a cool sight to see). Little nooks to venture off into and a ton of things to see. Resistance area was nice but not a lot to do without Rise open.. If you walk up to the Rise entrance you can hear/see a large waterfall straight ahead in the queue.. It was beautiful..

THE BATHROOMS: 10/10
-There are two sets of bathrooms in the land, both have identical interiors and have themed insides similar to the wizarding world. Inside the restrooms, they play a recorded loop of "Black Spire Radio" music with a host even greeting listeners and introducing the next song.
-The drinking fountain outside of one of the bathrooms is INCREDIBLE. There is a large clear pipe connected to the fountain with an animatronic sea creature that emerges out of the water. This happens when you press the button on the fountain. There are also new fountains for refilling water bottles I've never seen before in a Disney park.

Let me know if anybody has any questions. I'm happy to help!
This is nice considering come DHS opening you can't exactly ask for a Quick Service water that easily. I hope they filter the water better in DHS than they do in MK.

TP2000

I'm interested to see the transition in Disneyland first and then compare it to DHS. But I don't think you can expect so much from transitioning from one environment to another.

There's quite a difference already. This is the DHS version of the middle entrance at Disneyland.

star-wars-galaxys-edge-construction-inside-toy-story-land-11-800x534.jpg

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Emails are rolling out for those who made (non-hotel) reservations. Some highlights:

• The Primary Guest (the Guest who made the reservation) must be present and show a valid government-issued photo ID at check-in or the entire party will be unable to access Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. (Already knew this)
  • Each adult (age 18 or over) Guest in the party must present a valid government-issued photo ID at check-in or they will be unable to access Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. (Wasn't sure on this, now it's confirmed)
Check-In:
  • In order to use your Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge reservation, you must first check in. If you show up at a Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge entrance at the start of your reservation time without having checked in, you will not be granted access to the land.
  • WHERE: Check-in is located on the first floor of Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland.
  • WHO: All Guests listed on your reservation must be present at check-in.
  • WHEN: You may check in beginning 2 hours prior to your reservation start time. If your reservation begins at 8 a.m., you may enter Disneyland® Park as early as 6 a.m. to check in. (Please note, attractions and entertainment will not be available to be enjoyed untilDisneyland® Park opens.)
  • Each eligible member of your party will be issued a wristband at check-in. Please leave the wristbands on until your party's visit to the land has concluded.
  • Cast Members will tell you which Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge entrance to use for admission into the land when your reservation start time begins.
  • After check-in, you and your party may enjoy the rest of Disneyland®Park until your reservation start time.
ENTERING AND LEAVING THE LAND:
  • After you have properly checked in and at the beginning of your reservation start time, you may proceed to the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge entrance indicated by the Cast Member at check-in. There is no need to line up earlier than your reservation start time. If you have a reservation and are checked in, you will have access to the land.
  • Your party will be required to leave Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at the end of your 4-hour reservation period.
This should answer some of the questions people have had about the reservation system. Since check-in is at the Launch Bay, there won't be lines forming at the entrances. You just show up with your wristband and go in.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Does anybody know what exactly this means? What if somebody on the reservation doesn't make it that day? Is the reservation as a whole rendered invalid?

No. It just means anyone who is on the reservation that wants to enter the land must be present at check-in. If someone can't make it to check-in they can't enter the land, but everyone else who did still can.

Surferboy567

I just saw a YT video from someone saying that galaxy’s edge is getting “terrible” reviews. The reason becuase they don’t have original characters such as Luke...man it’s really fun how STUPID people are sometimes.

It really makes me angry how people are rooting for Star Wars and by extension Galaxy’s Edge to do bad...I really don’t want this kinda mentality to ruin an otherwise great experience.

Anyways...I’m super excited for tommorow when the floodgates open and we get our first taste of Batuu from videos.

NateD1226

I just saw a YT video from someone saying that galaxy’s edge is getting “terrible” reviews. The reason becuase they don’t have original characters such as Luke...man it’s really fun how STUPID people are sometimes.

Anyways...I’m super excited for tommorow when the floodgates open and we get our first taste of Batuu from videos.
What do they consider Chewbacca and Stromtroopers then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom