News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
VIDEO - On-board the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge

Guide to all the characters, creatures and droids that you will find at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge

The ships, speeders and transport that you'll find in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge

VIDEO - Spectacular drone flight through Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The grand opening ceremony is tonight. They are setting up the "Black Carpet" and decorations, and our favorite lady blogger is on the scene this afternoon!

how can it be the grand opening if the public is not allowed into the land until the 31st? thought tonight was just media preview night. will they still have a ceramony on friday morning?

Old Mouseketeer

how can it be the grand opening if the public is not allowed into the land until the 31st? thought tonight was just media preview night. will they still have a ceramony on friday morning?

Disneyland's opening was an invitation-only event on July 17. The general public couldn't enter until July 18. I suspect tomorrow will be more press availability (including Good Morning America) and dismantling some of the installation for the grand opening event tonight.

dennis-in-ct

Disneyland's opening was an invitation-only event on July 17. The general public couldn't enter until July 18. I suspect tomorrow will be more press availability (including Good Morning America) and dismantling some of the installation for the grand opening event tonight.

Watch good morning America tomorrow and Access Hollywood tomorrow night ... both will be broadcasting from Galaxy Edge tomorrow.

mickEblu

Is it just me or do the reviews and the actual footage of people riding not jive? When I watch people on the ride through I see people mildly having fun but mostly just concentrating on their task and sometimes slightly confused. Yet when the same person gets off the ride it’s “the best thing ever?” I get that this attraction is probably one of those that doesn’t really translate well on video but these people on the videos I’ve seen don’t genuinely look like they re having fun. And these are media videos where they are supposed to look like they re having fun.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Is it just me or do the reviews and the actual footage of people riding not jive? When I watch people on the ride through I see people mildly having fun but mostly just concentrating on their task and sometimes slightly confused. Yet when the same person gets off the ride it’s “the best thing ever?” I get that this attraction is probably one of those that doesn’t really translate well on video but these people on the videos I’ve seen don’t genuinely look like they re having fun. And these are media videos where they are supposed to look like they re having fun.
It's not just you. they are probably on the high of being one of the first to go into a new land and on a brand new ride. i am curious to see reviews from the general public who have to wait in the 6 hour plus lines for the ride and their level of satisfaction once they exit.

Rich T

Why would I believe these overly negative reviews that sound like the same people who review-bombed Last Jedi before its release?

They passed judgment on the film without actually seeing it. What’s stopping them from pretending they were CMs and saw the land if their goal is to crap on anything to do with the new trilogy?
To be fair, Last Jedi did turn out to be the worst Star Wars movie ever. It actually made the Holiday Special look intelligent by comparison.

But I’m quite certain Galaxy’s Edge will be fine. :D

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

To be fair, Last Jedi did turn out to be the worst Star Wars movie ever. It actually made the Holiday Special look intelligent by comparison.

But I’m quite certain Galaxy’s Edge will be fine. :D
we need Itchy and Lumpy Bacca characthers walking around GE to make the land truly complete. I would buy them drinks in the cantina.

Rich T

Are there on-ride photos for sale? I’d actually buy a shot of my whole crew looking confused. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom