News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I must have somewhat decent hearing because I somehow managed to get the jist of what Hondo was saying and I didn’t find the Falcon ride that complicated. It’s basically hitting lit up buttons and levers at select moments. Is it chaotic? Oh yeah, but that’s kind of part of the fun. A helpful tutorial video would go a long way though.

Mickeyboof

Yeah I had no trouble figuring out the plot, commands and keystrokes to play the game.

He does talk a little too much while piloting, but I actually enjoy his character so I dont mind. It only gets irritating the more I ride.

“Okay, it’s much worse. “

The most frustrating aspect of the game is either you “win” or you “loose.”

There’s no in between, as the first container of coaxium always is collected. The second container is the only real moment of this game.

That’s just awful gameplay.

I get that they don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade by allowing them to loose, walking away empty handed... but the ride suffers from too much control. It’s not a game if the buttons and controls press themselves.

Snow Queen

Ha! True.

But something tells me once they get this solid B+ ride open in Florida, there will be a project launched in Glendale to clean up the mess and tighten the plotline so this ride can stick around for 20 years.

Seriously, what the heck is he saying here? And why does this space alien speak English with the same working class Hawaiian accent the friendly guy running the rental bike desk at the Halekulani Hotel has?

What's he telling us???

"What? The First Order will never know we were there."
*Chewbacca growls*
"Okay, time to go, so...bye bye. *turns to guests* We better go before he changes his mind."

TTA94

I haven’t been following to much but for those that have rode Smugglers Run is it ok for people with motion sickness? From what I’ve seen in videos it looks like a combination of Star Tours and WDWs Mission Space... which both are horrible for anyone with motion sickness.

Mickeyboof

I haven’t been following to much but for those that have rode Smugglers Run is it ok for people with motion sickness? From what I’ve seen in videos it looks like a combination of Star Tours and WDWs Mission Space... which both are horrible for anyone with motion sickness.

Unfortunately, everyone’s range of motion sickness is too varied to give an accurate response.

Also the ride experiences vary slightly. If your pilots enjoy hitting beams and rocks, the falcon will shutter and rock more than if the pilot conducts a smooth mission.

It’s very hard to answer your question with all the variables.

In short. It’s a screen based simulator. If you feel ill on screen based simulators, odds are you’ll feel ill on this.

TROR

There’s almost no motion so I’d bet it’s fine.

George Lucas on a Bench

I feel like MF can actually be more disorienting. It doesn't have the sickening g forces of OG Mission Space that make your face feel like you're turning into Darth Sidious, but there's a glass in the cockpit with a sort of glare that makes it feel more "realistic", if that makes sense. So you're looking at a simulator video through glass in a dark confined space that moves. The images aren't as bright as Star Tours and I can't even tell what's happening in much of the ride.

me_stitch

Premium Member
Just got back from Disneyland yesterday, here's my honest opinion on SWGE as a person who visits Disney World every 2 or 3 years and loves everything Star Wars. This was my first trip to DL since 2013, I thought the land itself was awesome, but agree with many that it could be so much more. As for the Millennium Falcon ride, the full size Falcon outside and the ride queue are stunning and very detailed, the ride itself... I think I actually enjoy Star Tours more. The 1st time I rode it I was by myself and underwhelmed. The 2nd time I rode it I was with 5 friends and it was fun but mostly because we were just yelling and making fun of our pilot for hitting everything in sight. IDK, I guess I just expected it to be better. Hopefully RotR lives up to it's hype. As for the rest of the park, why did they decide they needed to incorporate Star Wars into Space Mountain? It was cool but not needed. I did like Incredicoaster and as much as I wanted to dislike Guardians of the Galaxy because ToT was my favorite ride, I actually found it pretty funny and still a great attraction. I'm going to Disney World in September and unless my wife wants to spend time in SWGE, I may just avoid it altogether, more time for the F&W festival. Just wanted to give my honest opinion.

TP2000

So yeah....how about that 'Galaxy's Edge', huh folks?

Still getting reviews....noting similar aspects that could definitely be improved upon.

Are you listening, TDA?
Are you just going to do nothing until the next quarter / financial year begins...?

In a week from now we are going to be getting our first preview TR from the DHS version of this cloned land. I can't wait to see what TDO has been able to fix and add to the land in the last 60 days since the surprisingly underwhelmed reports from Disneyland began coming in.

Can TDO get extra entertainment and characters into the land? Or will the DHS version be literally a clone entertainment-wise, with some Stormtroopers, Chewbacca, and the awkward Nazis in Space! stage show at the static space ship?

I got my hand slapped last week by someone in the DHS Star Wars Land thread as I kept referencing my personal experience in Disneyland's Star Wars Land, as some East Coasters feel us West Coasters are being too negative and tainting the DHS version with our first hand Disneyland experiences. I think many WDW fans think the DHS version will be noticeably different, or that WDW's Eastern audiences are less discriminating than Westerners and WDW audiences will be thrilled with whatever TDO and Mr. Chapek gives them.

It will be really interesting to see what people think of the DHS clone, especially if it's as dead and lifeless as the Disneyland version. Can TDO add a bunch of interactive stuff and musicians and characters in a panic to try and bring the land to life?

Or will WDW audiences honestly not care and just be thrilled to Instagram the corn syrup cocktails in Oga's?

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

In a week from now we are going to be getting our first preview TR from the DHS version of this cloned land. I can't wait to see what TDO has been able to fix and add to the land in the last 60 days since the surprisingly underwhelmed reports from Disneyland began coming in.

Can TDO get extra entertainment and characters into the land? Or will the DHS version be literally a clone entertainment-wise, with some Stormtroopers, Chewbacca, and the awkward Nazis in Space! stage show at the static space ship?

I got my hand slapped last week by someone in the DHS Star Wars Land thread as I kept referencing my personal experience in Disneyland's Star Wars Land, as some East Coasters feel us West Coasters are being too negative and tainting the DHS version with our first hand Disneyland experiences. I think many WDW fans think the DHS version will be noticeably different, or that WDW's Eastern audiences are less discriminating than Westerners and WDW audiences will be thrilled with whatever TDO and Mr. Chapek gives them.

It will be really interesting to see what people think of the DHS clone, especially if it's as dead and lifeless as the Disneyland version. Can TDO add a bunch of interactive stuff and musicians and characters in a panic to try and bring the land to life?

Or will WDW audiences honestly not care and just be thrilled to Instagram the corn syrup cocktails in Oga's?
Nothing is going to be different. It is going to be the same experience as in Disneyland. there is going to be no improvements

RobWDW1971

In a park with just a couple of other rides and people having a multi-day Park Hopper ticket burning a hole in their pocket, the crowds will be massive, the lines will be long, and the land will still be underwhelming and a missed opportunity. This is a park with an hour wait for the Saucers/Mater ride - they are starved for entertainment at DHS.

Disneyfanman

I’m 60ish days from my first WDW trip in years and can’t wait to see GE. I’ve had quite a few friends visit DL and nobody was thrilled, but my optimism continues. The biggest two complaints that I have heard continually are the conduct of the CMs and the concern about there being not much to do unless you want to spend a ton of money. We still want to see it!

EPCOT-O.G.

So we’re planning a trip in a few weeks and every time the site loads I see this family approaching the Millennium Falcon, mouths agape, as if they’re seeing St. Peter’s Basilica, the Hagia Sophia, or some other icon of religious significance for the first time. I about laugh out loud each time.

Attachments

• 19615915-0DC2-4CDD-B753-5633F8E9D726.png
    19615915-0DC2-4CDD-B753-5633F8E9D726.png
    516.3 KB · Views: 88

Mickeyboof

So we’re planning a trip in a few weeks and every time the site loads I see this family approaching the Millennium Falcon, mouths agape, as if they’re seeing St. Peter’s Basilica, the Hagia Sophia, or some other icon of religious significance for the first time. I about laugh out loud each time.

I love that the mother is looking somewhere else.

Also the alien behind them.

The advertising for this land has been full of false moments. The fence around the falcon and the roaming aliens. So very disappointing.

Also WDW people are going to love this land as is. They’re quite plain people

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom