News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Mac Tonight

Understood, and sorry to hear motion sickness got you. I really enjoyed the ride, as did both of my daughters (ages 8 and 4)(but, luckily for us, none of us typically get motion sickness) and will do it again anytime I get the opportunity, no matter which coast I'm on.
Thanks. Honestly its just a screen thing. I can ride Indy no problem, but have issues if I watch people playing first person video games for too long. Just one of my many shortcomings I've grown to accept. Glad your family have a great time though!

mickEblu

Hey everyone I’ve arrived just in time to add some much needed negativity to this thread. It was getting a little too positive around here so I decided I need to rush my review of the cantina. First, I’ll start by saying I don’t have much to say as we only stayed there for 2 minutes.

We had 6:55 pm reservations yesterday that we kind of stupidly planned our day around. Especially annoying since we had two spontaneous family members join our already party of 6. So we were navigating between getting two one day park hopper guests on their wish list of attractions, a toddler (who has a wish list of his own) a 6 month old, child switching and planning our day around the cantina reservation. Oh ya we got to the parks at 12pm. With that said we had good time even though I got home at 2am and feel as if I was by a train today.

So we get to our reservation 4 minutes late and see a huge Line running down the pathway where Ogas is located. A guy was going up and down the line to check people in. He wasn’t rude but definitely looked frazzled and like he was in over his head. He checked us in and there were so many people asking him questions that I couldn't get an answer to my question for 10 minutes. Which was... are we waiting in this enormous line even though we have reservations? The answer was yes. As we’re waiting in the 75 person line of people who also had reservations another CM came over to us and gave us the rundown of who Oga is. She playfully tried to give us the themed rules by saying Oga is a and what she’s says goes and you re only allowed to stay here 45 minutes and oh ya we don’t have any of our popular fizzy dry ice drinks. We ran out because everyone at Star Wars Land are belligerent drunks who drink before noon.

Anyway we get to the Mater Dee (don’t feel like looking it up) and he tells us that we won’t be getting a table because their are only 6 booths. 6 booths! Unless of course we want to wait longer, which could be up to another 30 minutes. Keep in mind we had already been in line 35 minutes for our 6:55 reservation. I said no we ll do the standing room only section with a toddler. So fun and relaxing!

We walk inside the cantina and over to our standing table by the entrance. I looked around and thought I counted 7 booths. Anyway what a fail! 6 booths for this place when they knew what the demand would be!? Then If you are lucky enough to get a booth and don’t have a large party you get sat with strangers. Chapek, you re a BUM. That dinner theatre can’t come fast enough.

As for the the design of the cantina, I think it’s great. One of the only places in the land that has energy and makes you really feel like you are somewhere Star Warsian outside of the Falcon exterior queue and bazaar/ Rontos. DJ Rex looks so damn cool in there! Better than I was expecting.

We STOOD at our “table” for a couple minutes and another CM reminds us they re out of all their signature drinks. We look at each other and say, (paraphrasing here), “ok we saw it, let’s get the hell out of here, I’m not giving them any of money to stand here and try one of their less popular drinks.”

We then went to ride Falcon. Of course pilot again. I don’t play around. When we exited the ride it was dark. The land is MUCH nicer at night. The blue lighting on the rock work outside the Falcon looks great and all of that dryness and beigness goes away. From now on I’m visiting SWL at night only. Kind of like my policy with riding BTMRR.

Here’s a couple quick pics I took of the cantina and SWL at night...

399C5289-314F-4DF3-8C37-A370381795DA.jpeg

B1E076B5-F585-4DE9-9CA8-18A476A4C9C9.jpeg
DB3545E6-D38B-489A-8FFD-1F4C173DA0BA.jpeg
82641BC5-4C5A-4B8C-9BF5-F1817526A6DE.jpeg
81624B17-8A1E-4FF8-9B86-536AFA5C5820.jpeg
F06C4FB2-D42F-4D3A-8423-C241069FABFB.jpeg
E35826CF-F4BB-49C4-87E8-026093D61186.jpeg
0E3C3FFF-E19E-4B03-A1A9-A5B790A95D12.jpeg

A02C3430-6AC4-4CA5-968C-91CC42D83066.jpeg

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

Hey everyone I’ve arrived just in time to add some much needed negativity to this thread. It was getting a little too positive around here so I decided I need to rush my review of the cantina. First, I’ll start by saying I don’t have much to stay as we only stayed there for 2 minutes.

We had 6:55 pm reservations yesterday that we kind of stupidly planned our day around. Especially annoying since we had two spontaneous family members join our already party of 6. So we were navigating between getting two one day park hopper guests on their wish list of attractions, a toddler (who has a wish list of his own, a 6 month old, child switching and planning our day around the cantina reservation. Oh ya we got to the parks at 12pm. With that said we had good time even though I got home at 2am and feel as if I was by a train today.

So we get to our reservation 4 minutes late and see a huge Line running down the pathway where Ogas is located. A guy was going up and down the line to check people in. He wasn’t rude but definitely looked frazzled and like he was in over his head. He checked us in and there were so many people asking him questions that I could get an answer to my question for 10 minutes. Which was... are we waiting on this enormous line even though we have reservations? The answer was yes. As we’re waiting in the 75 person line of people who also had reservations another CM came over to us and gave us the rundown of who Oga is. She playfully tried to give us the themed rules by saying Oga is a ***** and what she’s says goes and you re only allowed to stay here 45 minutes and oh ya we don’t have any of our popular fizzy dry ice drinks. We ran out because everyone at Star Wars Land are belligerent drunks who drink before noon.

Anyway we get to the Mater Dee (don’t feel like looking it up) and he tells us that we won’t be getting a table because their are only 6 booths. 6 booths! Unless of course we want to wait longer, which could be up to another 30 minutes. Keep in mind we had already been in line 35 minutes for our 6:55 reservation. I said no we ll do the standing room only section with a toddler. So fun and relaxing!

We walk inside the cantina and over to our standing table by the entrance. I looked around and thought I counted 7 booths. Anyway what a fail! 6 booths for this place when they knew what the demand would be!? Then If you are lucky enough to get a booth and don’t have a large party you get sat with strangers. Chapek, you re a BUM. That dinner theatre can’t come fast enough.

As for the the design of the cantina, I think it’s great. One of the only places in the land that has energy and makes you really feel like you are somewhere Star Warsian outside of the Falcon exterior queue and bazaar/ Rontos. DJ Rex looks so damn cool in there! Better than I was expecting.

We STOOD at our “table” for a couple minutes and another CM reminds us they re out of all their signature drinks. We look at each other and say, (paraphrasing here), “ok we saw it, let’s get the hell out of here, I’m not giving them any of money to stand here and try one of their less popular drinks.”

We then went to ride Falcon. Of course pilot again. I don’t play around. When we exited the ride and it was dark now. The land is MUCH nicer at night. The blue lighting on the rock work outside the Falcon looks great and all of that dryness and beigness goes away. From now I’m visiting SWL at night only. Kind of like my policy with riding BTMRR.

Here’s a couple quick pics I took of the cantina and SWL at night...

View attachment 394284
View attachment 394285View attachment 394286View attachment 394287View attachment 394288View attachment 394289View attachment 394290View attachment 394291

View attachment 394302
SWL definitely looks more appealing at night!

Mac Tonight

I have to comment here also on the "lingo" of CM's.

When I was in line to buy my Diet Grenade, a mom in front of me was purchasing similar drinks for her three children.
When the cashier announced it would "16 credits", the lady chuckled. And then when she was given a "bright suns" as a goodbye the lady responded with a pretty sincere "oh, that's cute".

I'm not so sure the writer who coined that phrase was going for "cute", but there it is.

mickEblu

I have to comment here also on the "lingo" of CM's.

When I was in line to buy my Diet Grenade, a mom in front of me was purchasing similar drinks for her three children.
When the cashier announced it would "16 credits", the lady chuckled. And then when she was given a "bright suns" as a goodbye the lady responded with a pretty sincere "oh, that's cute".

I'm not so sure the writer who coined that phrase was going for "cute", but there it is.

Yeah I don’t get it. Right after I dropped $70 bucks on two Shaak roasts (the Plaza Inn Roast is better) and one order of ribs (meh) at Docking Bay 7, I think the cashier said something along the lines of “many moons” or something. I wasn’t entirely sure so I said thank you and simultaneously gave an involuntary semi head bow with a fake smile.

I hated that exchange.

Anyway the biggest surprise for me was the shrimp with the glass noddles that I would never order at a Disney park in 1000 years but it was surprisingly decent. My sister ordered it. Probably still would never order l it. The Ronto Wrap is the best food item in SWL when you consider taste, price and convenience.

Oh ya the cheese dogs at Corn Dog Castle are pretty damn good.

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

Looks like Mos Espa. That gate blocking access...is that an afterthought? It doesn't seem to match the immersive theming.

That can be said for *all* the fences as well as the gates that block us from getting close to anything cool.

I’ve seen the falcon. But I’ve never gotten to put my hand on it. That’s a bummer.

And now it’s being reported some of the dead end doors are being blocked by trashcans.

I though by hacking door panels, they’d open to reveal something remotely interesting. Unfortunately they’re almost all solid walls.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Even the mentioning of a lightsabers send CMs into long winded speeches about their illegal status in the land.

Can’t celebrate the force and can’t talk about lightsabers.

Sigh.
I think in this point in the timeline people still don't believe in the force.

Except for the non-stop mentioning of the Force at Savi's...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I already paid to get in the park.

I’m not going to pay $200 on top of that to hear about Star Wars lore in Star Wars land.

As mentioned, in this timeline, the Force isn't well known. Even in the OT, the Force was thought a myth. Even more so a generation later. That's why Savi's is being run underground. So, it's actually kinda 100% accurate for ordinary folk in town to not know what the Force is to even wish it upon someone.

Mickeyboof

As mentioned, in this timeline, the Force isn't well known. Even in the OT, the Force was thought a myth. Even more so a generation later. That's why Savi's is being run underground. So, it's actually kinda 100% accurate for ordinary folk in town to not know what the Force is to even wish it upon someone.

I don’t give a crap about what’s happening in the films right now.

At Diagon Alley the stores aren’t all boarded up. The employees of universal studios aren’t shivering in fear because Voldemort is rising again.

Death Eaters aren’t standing on guard towers above me with guns like I’m in a prison yard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom