News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I need to experience FOP one of these days because I cannot fathom how people have such emotional reaction to something that seems so meh.

It's the very very good illusion of flying. People scream at the drop when in fact they're 'falling' only three feet. Very little suspension of belief is needed once the ride starts.

mickEblu

I need to experience FOP one of these days because I cannot fathom how people have such emotional reaction to something that seems so meh.

I dunno about crying lol but being that I enjoy Soarin over California very much I can see how FOP could it take it to the next level.

Hawg G

I don't get it man. It's literally a 4 minute IMAX movie sitting on a motorcycle seat that spreads your legs a bit periodically. There is no story what so ever. It's more of a CGI proof of concept sizzle real. It baffles me how anyone who waits 2 hours would think it was time well spent.

TROR

I dunno about crying lol but being that I enjoy Soarin over California very much I can see how FOP could it take it to the next level.
I enjoy Soarin’ but that’s because I have an emotional connection with California. I don’t care about Pandora.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Soarin is great...

But it’s no where near the level.

Soarin is a 3 tiered flat ride - basically. Ingenious...but the advancement of the tech on FOP is considerable.

For the west coasters...I’m sure the hydraulic principles were used in millennium...but the impression I get is the video game interactives limits the movement.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't get it man. It's literally a 4 minute IMAX movie sitting on a motorcycle seat that spreads your legs a bit periodically. There is no story what so ever. It's more of a CGI proof of concept sizzle real. It baffles me how anyone who waits 2 hours would think it was time well spent.
I give praise to park rides sparingly...that’s why I can be believed.

I think you are way underating this.

It’s not “your thing”. That’s ok...but the ride is not crap.

mickEblu

What’s the best drink at the cantina? I’m not going to sit there for 45 minutes twiddling my thumbs. Why the heck don’t they have food?

TP2000

Is it possible that they re waiting to unleash all the streetmosphere for when Episode 9 comes out?

That type of thinking requires us to believe that Mr. Chapek is playing 3D Chess with Kathleen Kennedy over how to IMMERSE! us in Star Wars Land, with Mr. Chapek drawing upon all of his vast theme park operational experience and his innate sense of showmaship.

Mr. Chapek has no such skills to play 3D Chess with.

It's very telling that the characters featured are only characters from Tomorrowland with one additional gestapo guy.

Bingo!

The answer is really that simple. Several years ago Mr. Chapek cut out all of the interactive elements and entertainment that would require modestly paid human performers and support staff to implement, plus highly paid Imagineers with Tesla payments to worry about to design and create it all.

Within a few months of opening, Disneyland management was tasked with getting a handful of performers into the land, and so they moved the scheduling books from Tomorrowland to Star Wars Land and gave us some bored Stormtroopers, Chewbacca five nights per week, and the awkward but mercifully short Nazis In Space! show on that little stage.

Last edited:

TP2000

What’s the best drink at the cantina? I’m not going to sit there for 45 minutes twiddling my thumbs. Why the heck don’t they have food?

When you have a moment, please come back here and share with us how your Cantina experience went. The Cantina seems to get very mixed reviews, and most of those were from the first opening days. It would be interesting to see how it's working and behaving now that they've had 60 days to settle in.

I tried to peek inside the Cantina in late June, but the two hostesses out front on the verge of a nervous breakdown looked like they would tackle me if I dared get any closer.

mickEblu

When you have a moment, please come back here and share with us how your Cantina experience went. The Cantina seems to get very mixed reviews, and most of those were from the first opening days. It would be interesting to see how it's working and behaving now that they've had 60 days to settle in.

I tried to peek inside the Cantina in late June, but the two hostesses out front on the verge of a nervous breakdown looked like they would tackle me if I dared get any closer.

Lol

Will do. I will have a full report on why it was terrible on Monday.

TP2000

Lol

Will do. I will have a full report on why it was terrible on Monday.

I'm honestly hoping you have a great experience! The Cantina seems to be the one location where they hit a home run in the design of the space, and then the menu planners did a great job creating unique concoctions in custom barware.

It's the CM execution that left quite a bit to be desired in those opening days, but I'm hoping that they've calmed down a bit and realized it's not a terminal cancer ward and that it's just a bar in a theme park and they are allowed to smile and have some fun.

I also assume that the two hostesses that were guarding the door in late June were provided with a holistic approach to the care they so desperately need and have begun a mental health journey to success. 🧐

mickEblu

I'm honestly hoping you have a great experience! The Cantina seems to be the one location where they hit a home run in the design of the space, and then the menu planners did a great job creating unique concoctions in custom barware.

It's the CM execution that left quite a bit to be desired in those opening days, but I'm hoping that they've calmed down a bit and realized it's not a terminal cancer ward and that it's just a bar in a theme park and they are allowed to smile and have some fun.

I also assume that the two hostesses that were guarding the door in late June were provided with a holistic approach to the care they so desperately need and have begun a mental health journey to success. 🧐

Thanks! Yeah I was kidding, I’m thinking it’ll be my favorite part of Galaxies Edge. Not sure that’s saying much though. Not expecting a ton of from the CMs but I am expecting a pleasant environment with music which is more than we can say about most of the rest of the land.

The drinks are the big X factor. Will they be terrible or just bad?

TP2000

The drinks are the big X factor. Will they be terrible or just bad?

The drinks seem to be very heavily laced with fructose corn syrup and artificial flavorings and little gummy balls. That's not my style of drink at all, but at least they are trying.

The barware intrigues me the most, it looks all custom designed. Although there are reports they've run out of the custom barware already and are serving some drinks in generic plastic cups now?

We'll look forward to your Cantina report!

mickEblu

The drinks seem to be very heavily laced with fructose corn syrup and artificial flavorings and little gummy balls. That's not my style of drink at all, but at least they are trying.

The barware intrigues me the most, it looks all custom designed. Although there are reports they've run out of the custom barware already and are serving some drinks in generic plastic cups now?

We'll look forward to your Cantina report!

They better not be serving me my $18 drink in a plastic cup!

Travel Junkie

The mixed drinks are pretty sugary. If you don't like gimmicky drinks and loads of sugar, stick to beer. I forgot which one of the beers I had, but it was pretty good. Beer is probably the better value too. Some of the mixed drinks are really small.

mickEblu

The mixed drinks are pretty sugary. If you don't like gimmicky drinks and loads of sugar, stick to beer. I forgot which one of the beers I had, but it was pretty good. Beer is probably the better value too. Some of the mixed drinks are really small.

Although I know I should listen to you I have to try one of the terrible sugary drinks. I could get a beer anywhere.

RobWDW1971

I had the Outer Rim as I asked them which was the least sugary choice (which was still pretty sugary, it was like I was trapped in the Monty Python Spam sketch). It's like a margarita and thought it was tasty. YMMV.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom