News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

Chomama

Just visited GE for the first time! We are on a short DL trip and will be swing the wdw version soon. Let me just say that I wanted to LOVE it and I am pretty easy to please! I even like the Frozen IP in epcot! 🤭. Man it just feel like Disney missed on GE. It’s stunning and that’s about it. We didn’t feel like we have just visited the world of Star Wars. There was no life at all and just a lot of people standing around. There is a ton to look at and the shops are cool but the things that make soe
Thing Star Wars to us weren’t there. Most importantly - the story. We just didn’t get it. The ride was fun. Would ride
Again but not necessary to do immediately. The food was fantastic. The drinks in ogas are sweet but the snacks were novel. My husband has been a SW fan his entire life. We walked out and I asked him - so???? His response - I mean it was cool. I don’t really feel compelled to go back. (So so sad. He loves the SW story so much as do our kids)

Mickeyboof

Disney is now admitting that there have been low wait times, all because they added 14 acres of nothing!

Attachments

• 5CEE313E-B702-4F5E-91C5-5D842F819746.png
    5CEE313E-B702-4F5E-91C5-5D842F819746.png
    341.7 KB · Views: 303

TP2000

GE is underwhelming in an overwhelming way.

Oh my gosh, that's the perfect explanation for this new land! That's exactly how I felt during my visit.

Disney is now admitting that there have been low wait times, all because they added 14 acres of nothing!

5cee313e-b702-4f5e-91c5-5d842f819746-png.393168

Yikes. They're still desperate. But I only go to Disneyland when they use the word Ahora!

Chomama

Is it true that Falcon in Orlando is using a different mission?
Based on our experience with the ride this weekend that could be a good thing. The biggest issue we encountered was not understanding what the mission even was. The hondo guy is very very hard to understand. We didn’t even know we were supposed to get something and give it to him. Also no one explained the controls or what the freaking point was. The ship is really cool. That Hondo character makes no sense at all and we were two adults. All the children around us were completely lost

TP2000

Based on our experience with the ride this weekend that could be a good thing. The biggest issue we encountered was not understanding what the mission even was. The hondo guy is very very hard to understand. We didn’t even know we were supposed to get something and give it to him. Also no one explained the controls or what the freaking point was. The ship is really cool. That Hondo character makes no sense at all and we were two adults. All the children around us were completely lost

Exactly. I rode the Falcon ride three times within four hours. The ride CM's were absolutely no help and just rushing us around, and the recorded dialogue in the queue show and the cockpit itself was typically loud and over-dramatic and also no help.

The first ride I was generally enjoying the visuals and queue, but none of it really made sense, and I was seated in the back row next to a sullen Canadian teen who just stared at her phone so I tried to overcompensate by pushing every button that lit up. The second ride I tried to play along, and my co-pilot tried to play along, but it still didn't make sense. The third ride I refused to push my lighted buttons and switches and just watched the video game play out. We picked up some big tube of something, which was good?

After three rides the point to the whole thing was murky at best. The dialogue was that typical theme park crap where you can barely understand what the narrator is saying; "Blah-blah-blah brave pilots! Blah-blah-blah save the galaxy from the evil blah-blah-blah!"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Exactly. I rode the Falcon ride three times within four hours. The ride CM's were absolutely no help and just rushing us around, and the recorded dialogue in the queue show and the cockpit itself was typically loud and over-dramatic and also no help.

The first ride I was generally enjoying the visuals and queue, but none of it really made sense, and I was seated in the back row next to a sullen Canadian teen who just stared at her phone so I tried to overcompensate by pushing every button that lit up. The second ride I tried to play along, and my co-pilot tried to play along, but it still didn't make sense. The third ride I refused to push my lighted buttons and switches and just watched the video game play out. We picked up some big tube of something, which was good?

After three rides the point to the whole thing was murky at best. The dialogue was that typical theme park crap where you can barely understand what the narrator is saying; "Blah-blah-blah brave pilots! Blah-blah-blah save the galaxy from the evil blah-blah-blah!"

Twenty years from now, there will be people nostalgic for all those blah-blah-blahs.

TP2000

Twenty years from now, there will be people nostalgic for all those blah-blah-blahs.

Ha! True.

But something tells me once they get this solid B+ ride open in Florida, there will be a project launched in Glendale to clean up the mess and tighten the plotline so this ride can stick around for 20 years.

Seriously, what the heck is he saying here? And why does this space alien speak English with the same working class Hawaiian accent the friendly guy running the rental bike desk at the Halekulani Hotel has?

What's he telling us???

RobWDW1971

Hey, that's better than the "bro" talk of the unseen mechanics we have to endure in the boring queue. Who at WDI wrote that dialogue?! Who at WDI is even in control anymore?

Let me guess, Chapek's fault! (Because WDI can never be blamed for what they actually do because the boogeyman made them do it)

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

Hondo is at least a fun character.

The voices in line seem to be an unfinished or cut effect. If you look up in the corner of the room where you go up the ramp to the podracer engine (?) there is what appears to be a window where presumably these guys might have been. Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense because there's nobody in there.

Part of the entire land's "full immersion" through "abandoned ghost town" strategy.

ProjectXBlog

Hondo is at least a fun character.
9EA83BD6-44BD-460F-B88C-7C8260478587.jpeg

The voices in line seem to be an unfinished or cut effect. If you look up in the corner of the room where you go up the ramp to the podracer engine (?) there is what appears to be a window where presumably these guys might have been. Otherwise it makes absolutely no sense because there's nobody in there.
this really does bug me a lot. there is absolutely no reason i can think of for that window to be there other than to show silhouettes or whatever against it, like what they have in the star tours queue

RobWDW1971

View attachment 393405

this really does bug me a lot. there is absolutely no reason i can think of for that window to be there other than to show silhouettes or whatever against it, like what they have in the star tours queue

And in the ST queue, we also got actual aliens in the window, droids talking/moving, and music - but, that was 30+ years ago and those Imagineers were stupid and didn't understand the concept of immersion. Feel so sorry for them.

TP2000

Part of the entire land's "full immersion" through "abandoned ghost town" strategy.

This land just doesn't pull you in.

The Falcon queue and Star Wars Land overall is like a really elaborate department store window that's impressive to look at for a bit, but it has only two moving parts and it's silent.

So you pause, silently admire for a moment, then just keep walking. Shh!!! Mr. Chapek is napping!

Brown-Thomas,-Dublin,-Ireland_Brown-Thomas-Christmas-Windows-(3).jpg

mickEblu

This land just doesn't pull you in.

The Falcon queue and Star Wars Land overall is like a really elaborate department store window that's impressive to look at for a bit, but it has only two moving parts and it's silent.

So you pause, silently admire for a moment, then just keep walking. Shh!!! Mr. Chapek is napping!

Brown-Thomas,-Dublin,-Ireland_Brown-Thomas-Christmas-Windows-(3).jpg

It’s the reason why I enjoy Rontos Rosters.

OMG! A droid is talking and the Pod racer Engine is rumbling!! Any sign of life is so much more impactful because there are hardly any to be found.

Last edited:

DLR>WDW

I hate how the ceiling of the Falcon warehouse queue is just basic ceiling tiles like you'd see in a school or hospital but painted black. :/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom