News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cause cali always get the better deal ;)
Indy, Radiator Springs, Pirates, space mountain. Heck even the Matterhorn has a functioning yeti AA!
Well that’s not true. I love DL but it doesn’t hold a candle to what has been built in Orlando…

…second: and my subtly didn’t work 😂
There IS NO “sequel trilogy”
I try to not pound this (and fail…cause I know somewhere there are 5 kids in their parents basement and a couple of Disney defenders with no grasp on reality and no sense of context who DID like them)…
But it is a complete black eye for Disney and a stain on big business Hollywood.

They literally couldn’t have failed more. It’s not to be taken serious now. It’s time for the truth to have its day.

If this Indy bombs…the in the bag Iger press may even start calling for Kennedy to get the door and question if lucasfilm is dead?
It’s on life support.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Han Shot First

(Now you can too!)
wink-katy-perry.gif

MagicHappens1971

Tha Realest

Well that’s not true. I love DL but it doesn’t hold a candle to what has been built in Orlando…

…second: and my subtly didn’t work 😂
There IS NO “sequel trilogy”
I try to not pound this (and fail…cause I know somewhere there are 5 kids in their parents basement and a couple of Disney defenders with no grasp on reality and no sense of context who DID like them)…
But it is a complete black eye for Disney and a stain on big business Hollywood.

They literally couldn’t have failed more. It’s not to be taken serious know. It’s time for the truth to have its day.

If this Indy bombs…the in the bag Iger press may even start calling for Kennedy to get the door and question if lucasfilm is dead?
It’s on life support.
I don’t believe the press will ever call for her to be fired. She’s doubly protected by Iger and Spielberg, has decades of contacts (and favors), and not letting her leave on her own terms will let the “wrong people” win.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
HarmoniUs. Future World / World Celebration / Innoventions. Galactic Starcruiser.

How many of these recent builds that they expected to amortize over decades have they had to mothball within give or take 9-18 months?
And they are ADMITTING it.

They never admit anything. Things are a lot worse than any of us know for the parks division.

They’re not even bothering to complain/leak about it being all chapeks fault.

A lot of trouble in the dopey board room these days.

erasure fan1

they don't understand why their customers use their products, and they don't even seem to like their own customers much.
Agreed. Disney and Lucasfilm basically said to the original fans, go pound sand, we don't need you. They said, we're making these for a new generation. And the sad thing is all the people here who supported them and still try to justify their stupidity. And now they play the fool like we just don't know what happened.
They both have been featured in a number of books so people that are into it can get more backstory and learn more about it
They had 4 movies to actually go to black spire outpost. There was opportunities in force awakens and it would have made complete sense for solo. It could have easily been worked into rogue one as well. But all they could muster was a droid name dropping it. Force awakens did extremely well. If Rey was from Batuu and you spent the first quarter of the movie in and around black spire, problem solved. Instead they went with the lets just mostly parallel a new hope strategy.

Here's the deal. The films should be the catalyst for the overall story. When you need to rely on a one off comic or novel for people to understand something, that's a big fat L. I've said it before. Black spire, and the fact that it's a new location isn't the issue. It's the fact that Lucasfilm, especially Kennedy, has zero clue how to handle star wars.

MagicHappens1971

So that “treat fans like they’re completely stupid” mandate was really taken to heart, huh?
I don't really see why Anakin & Ventress fighting on the Halcyon during the Clone Wars is unrealistic, or why it implies the fans are stupid. It was featured in the 5 issue comic series "Halcyon Legacy". There are also marks on the wall leading up the mezzanine that we're filled in with Chandrillan bronze as an homage to the fight.

The artwork/painting on the mezzanine is called the "Unified Galaxy" and was commissioned by Leia from an artist on Hosnian Prime as she was so pleased with the service she received on the Halcyon.

The Halcyon has a long and storied history, it was even owned by the Hutts at one point "Due to competition and growing unrest in the galaxy, the Chandrila Charter Company was sold to the Hutts along with the Halcyon starcruiser and the other ships in the fleet.".

The Starcruiser was very well thought out within the confines of the sequel trilogy, and like it or not, there were some truly amazing experiences on the Halcyon.

FigmentJedi

They had 4 movies to actually go to black spire outpost. There was opportunities in force awakens and it would have made complete sense for solo. It could have easily been worked into rogue one as well. But all they could muster was a droid name dropping it. Force awakens did extremely well. If Rey was from Batuu and you spent the first quarter of the movie in and around black spire, problem solved. Instead they went with the lets just mostly parallel a new hope strategy.
But that would defeat the purpose of their "You can't go to Tatooine in a theme park land because you canonically cannot get involved into anything that specifically happened in the movies" logic that resulted in the creation of all these OC settings in the first place.

MagicHappens1971

But that would defeat the purpose of their "You can't go to Tatooine in a theme park land because you canonically cannot get involved into anything that specifically happened in the movies" logic that resulted in the creation of all these OC settings in the first place.
I keep saying this. I personally don't agree with Lucasfilm's logic on this, but this is the reasoning that got us Starcruiser the way it was, and the same as Batuu.

erasure fan1

The Starcruiser was very well thought out within the confines of the sequel trilogy, and like it or not, there were some truly amazing experiences on the Halcyon.
I'm sure it's backstory was well thought out. But do you know what wasn't well thought out? How that backstory was introduced to the public, just like blackspires. Very few care because like it or not, the majority of people aren't reading comics. Not even the majority of die hards are reading all these comics. For a company that can't stop talking about synergy with their franchises, they sure aren't very good at it.

Tha Realest

I'm sure it's backstory was well thought out. But do you know what wasn't well thought out? How that backstory was introduced to the public, just like blackspires. Very few care because like it or not, the majority of people aren't reading comics. Not even the majority of die hards are reading all these comics. For a company that can't stop talking about synergy with their franchises, they sure aren't very good at it.
It’s a good thing WDI’s learned it’s lesson when it comes to overly complex backstories and the attendant ways it limits and affects guest engagement and enjoyment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom