News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

MagicHappens1971

While a hundred or so guest rooms remain empty ? Makes no sense to me . I would keep the Star Wars theme, add roaming characters here and there . add that restaurant, build a pool, build a bus stop , and add a tram to DHS. , Epcot via skyliner from there. Done - start at $700 per night and the thing will sell like hot cakes
you can not sell these rooms at $700+ / night. It’s just not possible.

This “experience” was designed as an experience. I wouldn’t be surprised if the rooms never see a guest again.

LSLS

While a hundred or so guest rooms remain empty ? Makes no sense to me . I would keep the Star Wars theme, add roaming characters here and there . add that restaurant, build a pool, build a bus stop , and add a tram to DHS. , Epcot via skyliner from there. Done - start at $700 per night and the thing will sell like hot cakes
HA, I'd bet a solid amount of money it would not sell like hot cakes. $700 for like 200 sq foot room with no view? Not to mention, the costs of adding a restaurant, pool, characters, and tram. And the logistics of where to put these. There's no easy way to convert this to an upscale hotel. They could try to repurpose the type of experience it is (to make it more like an actual cruise), but again, the amount of money they'd have to sink into it to make that happen, I don't think they could recoup.

lewisc

There are 300 million reasons why Disney won't be doing that.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I would keep the Star Wars theme, add roaming characters here and there . add that restaurant, build a pool, build a bus stop , and add a tram to DHS. , Epcot via skyliner from there. Done - start at $700 per night and the thing will sell like hot cakes

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

No Name

The whole building is designed for people to never see outside of or set foot outside of. To change that would cost so many millions more. Then operationally it’d be expensive to provide transportation to all seven locations for just 100 groups of people. I wouldn’t be surprised if the plan is to not lose another dollar on the place.

mlayton144

HA, I'd bet a solid amount of money it would not sell like hot cakes. $700 for like 200 sq foot room with no view? Not to mention, the costs of adding a restaurant, pool, characters, and tram. And the logistics of where to put these. There's no easy way to convert this to an upscale hotel. They could try to repurpose the type of experience it is (to make it more like an actual cruise), but again, the amount of money they'd have to sink into it to make that happen, I don't think they could recoup.

Had no idea they were 200 sq ft, wow. Regardless they sleep 4 or 5, already have a restaurant, bar, and shop with other rooms for “experiences” - fill in the blank for what these could be , as well as probably the best asset - right across a parking lot from a popular park with skyliner access. Reconfigure the port cochere and access roads and you have room for a pool. No way they let this place rot where it stands.

J4546

no need to convert the rooms, they are small and cramped...demo the entire living wing, rebuild like a normal hotel but themed to star wars somewhat lightly. Keep all the immersive front end stuff but retool it a bit for less storytelling and more go and have fun exploring and interacting with stuff. Give it a really nice pool area/landscaping with rockwork outside. That would be chill but cost another 100+ million that disney is not gonne spend when there are many many other things that need that money first

MagicHappens1971

Had no idea they were 200 sq ft, wow. Regardless they sleep 4 or 5, already have a restaurant, bar, and shop with other rooms for “experiences” - fill in the blank for what these could be , as well as probably the best asset - right across a parking lot from a popular park with skyliner access. Reconfigure the port cochere and access roads and you have room for a pool. No way they let this place rot where it stands.
You’re not listening. They may do something with the building itself, but they are almost 100% not going to do anything with the rooms. This is not a resort

LSLS

ABSOLUTELY they could let it rot where it stands. They have done that multiple other places. They need parking, and any tram has to go through a bunch of backstage areas, which is something they definitely would want to avoid. You also would need to add bus service to all 3 other parks and DTD, for what, 100 rooms? I honestly could see some sort of repurpose for day excursions or something like that (maybe, I've not been there so I would leave it to others to know the logistics), but no way that's turning into another hotel.

lewisc

Disney. Is getting a tax right off, 300 million. Bull dozing it or letting it rot is plausible.

Bocabear

They could move all of those offices out of the DHS production area
and into this building, freeing up more room for attractions... They could even leave the dining room as a
staff cafeteria... Just gut the rooms and put the windows in.

mlayton144

They could drive up to the front and take the “launchpod” up. The same way guests do now.

The shuttle idea as I already mentioned sounds nice but in practice is not feasible as it has a very low capacity and is not reliable. They break down very frequently.

I just don’t see it as that hard , this would be the closest property to a theme park, and they would only need to solve for MK and AK and water parks and springs with less frequent trips . Heck, they could just have guests walk to HS like Contemp guests to MK or BC Guests to Epcot. And I see the windowless room issue as a non issue - the screens are there. Put something on them. Would need more outdoor resort amenities for sure though. They could play around with pricing by including food - just ditch the cosplay nonsense

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom