News Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Permanently Closed Fall 2023

Lilofan

roj2323

I would imagine they have some plans. The “rumors” are that they can’t announce anything until after the fiscal year ends bc of the accelerated depreciation. Someone more versed in tax law would have to speak to the validity of that .
Well it is convenient timing that Disney's fiscal year starts/ends in early October.

ToTBellHop

Just make a DVC filled with those duo studios for all the childless-by-choice people. Otherwise, it’s a full gut job with those tiny rooms.

Build a freakin pool!

Bocabear

They could honestly add on to it...create a new resort back there and dress the backside of SWGE...but make it more of a general Sci-Fi Space hotel...kind of like what Uni is doing. The Star Cruiser could be one of the buildings, add a new crazy futuristic main lobby and rooms wings, a spectacular outdoor Cosmos themed pool and water play area...honestly it could work as one of the DHS Hotels...Build another in the front half of the park themed to Old Hollywood...

Disstevefan1

BullDozeSC.jpg

doctornick

I would imagine they have some plans. The “rumors” are that they can’t announce anything until after the fiscal year ends bc of the accelerated depreciation. Someone more versed in tax law would have to speak to the validity of that .

Interesting. So, is it possible that it might be used as an adjunct for Galaxy's Edge in DHS? Seems blatantly obvious to add a "dinner and a show" offering in the vein of Hoop Dee Doo where people with reservations get shuttled over from the park. I think it would likely make a decent amount that way and be an easy way to monetize it.

But I still wonder how that impacts the depreciation accounting.

MagicHappens1971

Interesting. So, is it possible that it might be used as an adjunct for Galaxy's Edge in DHS? Seems blatantly obvious to add a "dinner and a show" offering in the vein of Hoop Dee Doo where people with reservations get shuttled over from the park. I think it would likely make a decent amount that way and be an easy way to monetize it.

But I still wonder how that impacts the depreciation accounting.
While this would make the most sense, the shuttles are notoriously unreliable and have a short capacity. It would not be feasible to shuttle 100s of guests in a short period of time.

mlayton144

While this would make the most sense, the shuttles are notoriously unreliable and have a short capacity. It would not be feasible to shuttle 100s of guests in a short period of time.
While a hundred or so guest rooms remain empty ? Makes no sense to me . I would keep the Star Wars theme, add roaming characters here and there . add that restaurant, build a pool, build a bus stop , and add a tram to DHS. , Epcot via skyliner from there. Done - start at $700 per night and the thing will sell like hot cakes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom