News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Guest reports from March 1 2022

ParkPeeker

This is interesting as a whole but especially the part from 1:04:53. It's a tour around the 'ship' at 2:30am when everyone's in bed sleeping and you get a real feel for how nice it actually is

Just a random crackhead idea
They should totally have a graveyard shift Ouanni (no one would be able to tell it isn’t the same person under that mask) waiting for that one person who decides to walk around at 3 in the morning to give them a special secret interaction LOL.

Or maybe graveyard shift, different bed time aliens that come out only at night. Though I’m aware that’s a waste of resources but it would still be cool xD

Last edited:

mergatroid

Just a random crackhead idea
They should totally have a graveyard shift Ouanni (no one would be able to tell it isn’t the same person under that mask) waiting for that one person who decides to walk around at 3 in the morning to give them a special secret interaction LOL.

Or maybe graveyard shift, different bed time aliens that come out only at night. Though I’m aware that’s a waste of resources but it would still be cool xD
It would be cool but I can see a few stumbling blocks. The actors command a reasonable salary and paying them on the off chance a night owl wanders around probably wouldn't be worth the expense and be a bit boring for the poor actor or actress. On the flip side if it encouraged people to walk around at 3am then they'd probably have to employ more night staff to take care of any guests needs if lots were walking around trying to do night activities.

I'd argue that Disney could more than afford to actually do this within their current price and still make a tidy profit. However at this stage adding that would only benefit the guest and reduce Disney's take so sadly I can't see that happening.

edfhinton

Has anyone who attended been able to hand anything small to a character like a business card for example? If anyone has tried, will they accept the card/item? Planning our trip and considering multiple possibilities that go with my backstory.

jinx8402

Has anyone who attended been able to hand anything small to a character like a business card for example? If anyone has tried, will they accept the card/item? Planning our trip and considering multiple possibilities that go with my backstory.
I believe I read that @lentesta handed out headshots/autographs of Hank Lonely as part of his backstory.

GimpYancIent

I found the reading and viewing of the Star Cruiser guest reports entertaining and interesting now, in a very short time, fresh reports have stopped flowing. Has the Star Cruiser become yesterday's news already?

kingdead

Jenny Nicholson just posted a 1.5-hour long vlog of her first day experience on the Starcruiser. Not going to link to it directly because Patreon access is $2 (less than half a cup of fancy coffee) and for that amount you really should pay, but the rundown, with my commentary:

Pros
- The food looks good! They are definitely not serving you slop!
- The ship itself looks fun enough. Very colorful and with a few nice touches (although, as Nicholson notes, there are no animatronics). It may not look exactly like Star Wars but it's not totally unthemed and dull like we haters thought it would be :)
- The crew of the ship are enthusiastic. This isn't Broadway level acting, but they're engaging and if you're in the mood to play along (and for $6k you better be), they're all ready to interact. Nicholson was able to interact with lots of the characters and they all seemed on point.

Cons
- The experience seems highly app-reliant. Which means that if you don't like interacting with your phone on vacation or if the app is buggy, you're out of luck. Nicholson was trying to do the experience like an escape room (looking around the room for clues to a puzzle) and was confused. In addition, if you aren't looking at your phone to catch up with the storyline, parts of the ship seem to randomly open for you without you putting in any input, or you might see another attendee's solution to a puzzle, etc. Nicholson was trying to do a baddie storyline but was given random clues. She said that it felt like her choices weren't really affecting the story that she saw.
- You are not going to get the same experience with the story moments that the press testers did. With 100 adults, each person felt that they were really participating in the story. With a full 300-person crew, this is going to be more like immersive theater, where you stumble upon certain events and watch from the crowd. This is also an all-ages experience, which means that either you let kids go to the front like a normal human being or go full Comic Book Man and shove a six-year-old out of the way to get your money's worth of talking with the stormtroopers (have seen this noted as a problem in other reviews--perhaps a teens and up cruise would be appropriate, or on the other hand a stern talking to about growing up and isn't it time to spend this money on watching Shakespeare or Mamet or at least Tony and Tina's Wedding?)
- The lightsaber training isn't exactly going to make you feel like a Jedi master. There are forms. If you do not want to do karate-style lightsaber forms, go elsewhere.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I found the reading and viewing of the Star Cruiser guest reports entertaining and interesting now, in a very short time, fresh reports have stopped flowing. Has the Star Cruiser become yesterday's news already?
Most guests don't vlog the entirety of their experience. And so, the video reports are from vloggers who signed up for the opening weeks. Now that they're done, we don't have as many video reports.

I've been searching Twitter and YouTube for reports. If people are *writing* their reports and posting them on their Facebook account, for example, then we won't know about the existence of said report.

And the number of our own forum members going and reporting seems to be less than a handful so far.

lentesta

Premium Member
I believe I read that @lentesta handed out headshots/autographs of Hank Lonely as part of his backstory.

I did 8x10 glossies, yes. A couple of CMs actually asked for them.

I know some friends did their backstory as used landspeeder salesman. They built a website and handed out business cars wit QR codes that opened up their website on phones. I heard the CMs got a kick out of that, too.

BubbaisSleep

Does somebody knows if food on batuu is included in someway??
I know it is at Docking Bay based off this review I watched. It's also the only place out of two to redeem a free drink as you can choose an alcoholic beverage or dessert. Oga's is the other place I believe that offers 1 free drink.

mergatroid

Posts on the Star Cruiser threads have slowed down dramatically on here. I believe that's because 90% were insisting it was awful and that nobody would like it. The promise by many that guests would demand a refund after seeing it, demand a refund because they wanted to go to Disney Springs in the day or demand a refund because there was no pool just haven't transpired. Because of this very few people have bothered looking for and posting reviews as doing so would unsurprisingly make them appear rather foolish. Instead it's been just a handful of us posting reviews and personally I've done so many that it's becoming a bit old. I've looked for bad reviews but struggle to find many and any I have I've posted along with lots of good ones.

A lot of the higher quality videos tend to be from the vloggers, guests who aren't vloggers tend not to record as much. The vloggers seemed to book within a short period after opening and as such, there's less quality reviews coming in now as average guests are less likely to do reviews. There's still lots of stuff being posted on youtube by random guests, however these seem more like short clips with them just enjoying themselves which are rather boring to watch to anyone other than themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom