News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Guest reports from March 1 2022

jloucks

My circle of friends that are all parents agreed, don't take you kids to WDW until they are old enough to both enjoy it and remember it.

This is doubly (or quadruply?) true for Starcruiser. In fact, we did not even bring our young adult children because we knew their appreciation would not be commensurate with the price.

...I have some regrets on that now, but the logic is sound.

Disstevefan1

My circle of friends that are all parents agreed, don't take you kids to WDW until they are old enough to both enjoy it and remember it.

This is doubly (or quadruply?) true for Starcruiser. In fact, we did not even bring our young adult children because we knew their appreciation would not be commensurate with the price.

Regrets? just go again with the kids. I heard they will be doing something special for Life Day!

corran horn

This is always odd for me to hear. 'old enough' is one thing - but is the happiness and joy of a 2-4yo at WDW somehow less because they won't remember it in 20 years? There's value in happiness on the day, I'd argue.

OceanBlue

Did you go to Disney as a child? My parents took me when I was young and we were Florida natives. Past my bedtime to the Christmas parades. I recently found the buttons my mom had saved in a memory box for me, I was 5,6,7 at the time before we moved out of state and honestly thought I was older in my own timeline. I continued to go occasionally with my family who had younger kids and visited in college and only cared about roller coasters and then drinking around the world before it was a thing. Fast forward to me having my own young children, and we ended up staying late and the lights on Main Street came on. I started crying, I felt an intense feeling of memories and nostalgia from my childhood, not my teen or college years. Something was deep inside me and I remembered it decades later. So to these parents who didn’t go as a child in the late 80s or early 90s… maybe your opinion isn’t everything?

WDWJoeG

Did you go to Disney as a child? My parents took me when I was young and we were Florida natives. Past my bedtime to the Christmas parades. I recently found the buttons my mom had saved in a memory box for me, I was 5,6,7 at the time before we moved out of state and honestly thought I was older in my own timeline. I continued to go occasionally with my family who had younger kids and visited in college and only cared about roller coasters and then drinking around the world before it was a thing. Fast forward to me having my own young children, and we ended up staying late and the lights on Main Street came on. I started crying, I felt an intense feeling of memories and nostalgia from my childhood, not my teen or college years. Something was deep inside me and I remembered it decades later. So to these parents who didn’t go as a child in the late 80s or early 90s… maybe your opinion isn’t everything?
Forget the kids, I enjoy the memories of being there with my kids! If I used that standard, I would have sat at home for 10 years as my kids now in their 20's don't remember anything before then, but I have amazing memories of MY joy seeing the kids have fun all over the world!

"Waiting until they can remember it" is just bizarre advice to me.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
This is always odd for me to hear. 'old enough' is one thing - but is the happiness and joy of a 2-4yo at WDW somehow less because they won't remember it in 20 years? There's value in happiness on the day, I'd argue.
So I'd like to make a clarification - above, I suggested NOT taking a toddler to the Starcruiser, but to wait until they're at least 8-10 depending on interest.

We took our daughter at almost 2, almost 4, almost 6, and have absolutely no regrets. Does she remember it? No. But we do, and the look on her face seeing the MK opening the first time is something I will never forget.

The difference is stark - on a "regular" trip, as long as it's a FIRST trip and not an ONLY trip, you can (and should) pivot as necessary to avoid meltdowns and ensure your little one is having fun. On the Starcruiser, to really have fun, you need to be ready to play for 20 hours over two days. So if you have a toddler who is starting to melt down, your options are to either try to have them power through (miserable) or to skip part of the game (and thus miss out).

Just my opinion, YMMV.

WDWJoeG

So I'd like to make a clarification - above, I suggested NOT taking a toddler to the Starcruiser, but to wait until they're at least 8-10 depending on interest.

We took our daughter at almost 2, almost 4, almost 6, and have absolutely no regrets. Does she remember it? No. But we do, and the look on her face seeing the MK opening the first time is something I will never forget.

The difference is stark - on a "regular" trip, as long as it's a FIRST trip and not an ONLY trip, you can (and should) pivot as necessary to avoid meltdowns and ensure your little one is having fun. On the Starcruiser, to really have fun, you need to be ready to play for 20 hours over two days. So if you have a toddler who is starting to melt down, your options are to either try to have them power through (miserable) or to skip part of the game (and thus miss out).

Just my opinion, YMMV.
And to clarify my point, I am suggesting nobody go on the Starcruiser regardless of age. ;)

mergatroid

This weird guy again with his 'review'. He says you go in a simulator room for just 2 people and fly a spaceship in circles as part of the experience, is this true as I've not heard anything about it? He also incorrectly states that unless you pay extra to sit at the captains table, all you get to eat is pizza which is a blatant lie. Also claims everyone was asked "Would you like to sit at the captains table" as they entered the restaurant ........................ erm? He also says "If anyone ever gets video of this out there, Disney will be in trouble" even though there's videos all over about it. Says it's $50 per alcoholic drink too and $10 for a coke?

It's got to be an attempt at humour?

Disstevefan1

This weird guy again with his 'review'. He says you go in a simulator room for just 2 people and fly a spaceship in circles as part of the experience, is this true as I've not heard anything about it? He also incorrectly states that unless you pay extra to sit at the captains table, all you get to eat is pizza which is a blatant lie. Also claims everyone was asked "Would you like to sit at the captains table" as they entered the restaurant ........................ erm? He also says "If anyone ever gets video of this out there, Disney will be in trouble" even though there's videos all over about it. Says it's $50 per alcoholic drink too and $10 for a coke?

It's got to be an attempt at humour?

Let's put aside that this reviewer can't form a sentence. I am watching this and it's really hard to extract any information from the reviewer, but I did catch that he had to pay for a coke?

I thought all non alcohol drinks were included?

I need a fact check please from someone who actually went on the starcruiser.

mergatroid

Let's put aside that this reviewer can't form a sentence. I am watching this and it's really hard to extract any information from the reviewer, but I did catch that he had to pay for a coke?

I thought all non alcohol drinks were included?

I need a fact check please from someone who actually went on the starcruiser.
Fact, non alcoholic drinks are free on there (they're included in the extremely high price). Fact, you don't just get pizza unless you pay extra (again meals are included in the extremely high price though you can upgrade). Fact, you can take pictures and videos.

I'm pretty confident that there's no 2 person simulator that you fly around in circles on either, at least I've not seen or heard about it anyway and I've watched a lot of videos showing this experience.

Last edited:

khlaylav

Seriously, the guy calls himself DoomCock. We're takin vacation advice from a guy with a name like that? And the rest of his channel is unhinged. Stop posting obvious clickbait.

Disstevefan1

Fact, non alcoholic drinks are free on there (they're included in the extremely high price). Fact, you don't just get pizza unless you pay extra (again meals are included in the extremely high price though you can upgrade). Fact, you can take pictures and videos.

I'm pretty confident that there's no 2 person simulator that you fly around in circles on either, at least I've not seen or heard about it anyway and I've watched a lot of videos showing this experience.
I think you are right, but we need someone who actually stayed at on the Starcuiser I think @jloucks actually stayed at on the Starcuiser and can clarify if there is a $10 Coke even if its in some sort of special Starcruiser bottle or something like that?

jloucks

I think you are right, but we need someone who actually stayed at on the Starcuiser I think @jloucks actually stayed at on the Starcuiser and can clarify if there is a $10 Coke even if its in some sort of special Starcruiser bottle or something like that?
Yes, I was just there.

It is really inclusive. Free beverages and food. Free all you can drink blue milk (or whatever it is called). Free Sodas of various types. Free bottled water. Free coffee bar. Free pizza, and tons and tons of other free food including cool little boxed meals you can take planeside.

Also, free cool towels and free rain ponchos. Free pins. Free magic bands. Even a loaner tablet for free (but you have to give it back).

The only thing you paid for was alcoholic drinks.

Not simulators per say, but tons of electronic interactives all over the ship.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
There is a self-service station behind the dining room where breakfast (and maybe lunch) was laid out cafeteria-style. You could grab as much or as little food and bev as you wanted, all free. Including blue and green milk, caf soft drinks, and water. And regular milk.

Main lobby has flat and sparkling chilled water on tap, plus ambient temp water on tap.

Could also get n/a drinks for free from the waitstaff, but that would cost you a tip if you're a decent person. So, technically, you could spend $10 on a coke if you were a really good tipper.

Most expensive cocktail was around $30, but you got a souvenir glass to take home. Most were in the $10-$15 range, which is typical these days.

PXL_20220307_201951794.jpgPXL_20220307_220250981.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom