News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Guest reports from March 1 2022

GimpYancIent

All these paying guests enjoying themselves having a great time and telling people, how very dare they. If you didn't know better you'd think Disney had actually designed it to please guests, rather than people who haven't experienced it but want to say how terrible it is :D
Their time and their money applied by them resulting in their enjoyment. Good for them. Their videos are actually interesting and fun to watch. That said, everyone does not see the same value in this experience. Yes! Each person's value scale is different.
1649340206844.png

mergatroid

Their time and their money applied by them resulting in their enjoyment. Good for them. Their videos are actually interesting and fun to watch. That said, everyone does not see the same value in this experience. Yes! Each person's value scale is different.
View attachment 631396

That's very true but it's the same with everything in life. Some go to really luxurious hotels and don't enjoy their stay, some buy Ferraris and don't enjoy the car as much as they thought and some buy Rolex watches and are disappointed in them. It's part of life I suppose? However we were told that when paying guests experienced it that there'd be all sorts of drama with people demanding refunds etc, people saying "Cannot wait to see the reviews from people spending all that money on this disaster" and similar.

Those people suddenly went very quiet when the reviews from paying guests came out, I wonder why? Some guests think it's great and worth every cent, some think it's great but not worth that much money and I'm sure some think it's awful and not worth the money at all. However review wise I've seen few if any saying "Don't do this" or "What a waste of money" and in the interest of fairness I've actually searched specifically for bad reviews from paying guests. Last time I did this I got a load of links to people who'd not spent a cent or actually experienced it, people who'd just seen still pictures or short video clips and declared it a disaster rather than an informed opinion from anyone who'd actually experienced it.

I know there's this weird set of rules that keeps changing about who can be trusted to give a proper review. Originally we were told that any paying guests would be used as a barometer. However I think when that didn't go as planned that was changed and we're probably currently at the stage of discounting any positive reviews from anyone who's even seen Star Wars let alone Star Wars fans. However if people paying and going are saying mainly that it's a positive experience and the rooms are selling at the current crazy price, then that's a better way to judge it's success rather than what those who don't go think.

Last edited:

Hawg G

View attachment 631396
Exactly. I'm sure I'd have a blast. I also have a blast at water parks, rock concerts, and local theme parks.

But would I have $6000 worth of a blast, or even $3000 for me and my family in 48 hours?

Hawg G

That's very true but it's the same with everything in life. Some go to really luxurious hotels and don't enjoy their stay, some buy Ferraris and don't enjoy the car as much as they thought and some buy Rolex watches and are disappointed in them. It's part of life I suppose? However we were told that when paying guests experienced it that there'd be all sorts of drama with people demanding refunds etc, people saying "Cannot wait to see the reviews from people spending all that money on this disaster" and similar.

Those people suddenly went very quiet when the reviews from paying guests came out, I wonder why? Some guests think it's great and worth every cent, some think it's great but not worth that much money and I'm sure some think it's awful and not worth the money at all. However review wise I've seen few if any saying "Don't do this" or "What a waste of money" and in the interest of fairness I've actually searched specifically for bad reviews from paying guests. Last time I did this I got a load of links to people who'd not spent a cent or actually experienced it, people who'd just seen still pictures or short video clips and declared it a disaster rather than an informed opinion from anyone who'd actually experienced it.

I know there's this weird set of rules that keeps changing about who can be trusted to give a proper review. Originally we were told that any paying guests would be used as a barometer. However I think when that didn't go as planned that was changed and we're probably currently at the stage of discounting any positive reviews from anyone who's even seen Star Wars let alone Star Wars fans. However if people paying and going are saying mainly that it's a positive experience and the rooms are selling at the current crazy price, then that's a better way to judge it's success rather than what those who don't go think.

What percent of paying guests do these posts originate from ?

mergatroid

What percent of paying guests do these posts originate from ?
I wouldn't know, what percentage of guests do any reviews for anything come from? I'm not sure how anyone would find that information out? I guess the implication is that if anyone isn't happy with good reviews they can dismiss any review by saying "What percent of paying guests do these posts originate from"?

I mean how many people review airlines, do we know what percent do that? Does that make any review invalid or only the good ones? Does that also mean that if it got lots of bad reviews that those would be invalid, or does it only work that way on good reviews?

Interestingly it's often said that people are more inclined to review something if it's bad. I'm not sure that's true but strangely there's very few bad reviews by those reviewing it. I know that if I'd spent $5,000 on a two day stay and felt it was bad, I'd be shouting from the roof tops about it though.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Interestingly it's often said that people are more inclined to review something if it's bad. I'm not sure that's true but strangely there's very few bad reviews by those reviewing it. I know that if I'd spent $5,000 on a two day stay and felt it was bad, I'd be shouting from the roof tops about it though.
☝️This. Right here. It was true before social media, but it has only been amplified since. And there is "science" behind that phenomenon. According to that article, the reason is that "people are more affected by bad experiences than good ones."

So take that with the overwhelmingly positive reviews, including those from folks who went in with some trepidation based on pre-opening footage, and that *should* give you an idea of just how much damn fun the Starcruiser is.

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it for everybody? No. Am I actively trying to figure out how to convince my wife that I NEED to go back? Yes.

And I will not be gaslit into thinking I hated it or that I'm some kind of rube for enjoying it.

mergatroid

☝️This. Right here. It was true before social media, but it has only been amplified since. And there is "science" behind that phenomenon. According to that article, the reason is that "people are more affected by bad experiences than good ones."

So take that with the overwhelmingly positive reviews, including those from folks who went in with some trepidation based on pre-opening footage, and that *should* give you an idea of just how much damn fun the Starcruiser is.

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it for everybody? No. Am I actively trying to figure out how to convince my wife that I NEED to go back? Yes.

And I will not be gaslit into thinking I hated it or that I'm some kind of rube for enjoying it.
If you get time my friend I'd love to hear your review on your stay, the good, the bad, the meh and any honest thoughts about the experience as a paying guest.

Disstevefan1

I heard there will be Life Day (Similar to Christmas on Earth) celebrations on the ship, so there is a reason to go back :) 👍

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
If you get time my friend I'd love to hear your review on your stay, the good, the bad, the meh and any honest thoughts about the experience as a paying guest.
Sure thing. Here is my full review: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...eports-from-march-1-2022.976599/post-10183523

But if you go to page 4 of this thread, I have a few posts where I answered some questions and made a few comments.

Some blogger/vlogger that was posted a few pages ago really summed it up best (proving that even a blind squirrel does find a nut every once in awhile): every time I've left WDW, I've been sad to go, but leaving the Starcruiser was on a completely different scale. Even now, a month later, there aren't many days where I don't think about it, and I love telling my friends about it. Such a cool experience.

mergatroid

Sure thing. Here is my full review: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...eports-from-march-1-2022.976599/post-10183523

But if you go to page 4 of this thread, I have a few posts where I answered some questions and made a few comments.

Some blogger/vlogger that was posted a few pages ago really summed it up best (proving that even a blind squirrel does find a nut every once in awhile): every time I've left WDW, I've been sad to go, but leaving the Starcruiser was on a completely different scale. Even now, a month later, there aren't many days where I don't think about it, and I love telling my friends about it. Such a cool experience.
Thanks for that. Was in Orlando for 2 weeks when you wrote it and didn't log in whilst away so missed it. Glad you had such a great time too, you can tell how much fun you had reading that. I hear from a few that check- in is pretty shambolic, think they need to work on that by maybe giving out precise check-in times and staggering them? Once again glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the review.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Tim Tracker discussing why it's not good value to go to the 'Starcruise' with a young child. Slightly odd as we've been told vloggers aren't allowed to bite the hand that feeds them. But there we go, I don't make up these arbitrary rules. :rolleyes:

I'm not watching 41 minutes, but as I said, 9-12 is a sweet spot for kids (although to be fair, those tween and teen kids who are WAAYYYY too cool for this were geeking TF out and having fun despite themselves).

But the families I saw with the infants-5/6 year olds seemed miserable. The kids didn't get it/hated it and just wanted to sleep, but the parents were in the "I spent $6k on this so I'm going to stay up til 11 to see the finale no matter what my kids want" phase.

I try as hard as I can not to judge other parents, because until you've been there, you don't know them or their lives. But what I saw has led me to advise others not to go with kids who won't enjoy or appreciate it - leave them with family or wait until they will.

SilentWindODoom

I'm sorry but when he said the sparkling water fountain was the height of luxury I was cryyyyyying... It's WATER!

I currently live in Loris, SC a town where there are no buildings above three stories downtown and the population is well less than 3,000.

A man in my congregation from rural Texas described going to the hospital in town and said it was his first experience going to a "big city hospital".

Perspective, man.

Also, it sounds like he's jokingly being overdramatic. :hilarious:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Tim Tracker discussing why it's not good value to go to the 'Starcruise' with a young child. Slightly odd as we've been told vloggers aren't allowed to bite the hand that feeds them. But there we go, I don't make up these arbitrary rules. :rolleyes:

"Don't take a toddler on the Halcyon" is not necessarily negative news. It's actual affirmative advice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom