News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Guest reports from March 1 2022

OceanBlue

Lukewarm review coming from a fairly popular YouTuber who's on the ship right now so far (read through her thread):

You lost me at "fairly popular Youtuber". :/ I'm more interested in what the kids next to her think and I really dislike the camera on a stick in their faces...but oh well.

waltography

You lost me at "fairly popular Youtuber". :/ I'm more interested in what the kids next to her think and I really dislike the camera on a stick in their faces...but oh well.
To be fair, she isn't a typical "YouTuber" as referenced in these parts, where it usually refers to a parks vlogger - her channel is mainly dedicated to long-form video essays deep diving into different aspects of nerd culture (one of her more popular videos unpacks the Pandora land at AK with the knowledge of someone who cares about Avatar lore).

I'd imagine she wanted to document her experience given it is $5k for her to attend so I don't find it any different than a family trying to record moments.

ParkPeeker

I trust Jenny Nicholson. I used to watch her videos very often.To anyone who doesn’t know her, she has movie critiques and she does an amazing job dissecting movies and showing how stupid stories get sometimes and even provides smart alternative rewrites. She is someone who just doesn’t go into things without thinking, she’s smart and fair imo.

Edit: Her reviews of things are also very funny aside from being smart, recommend her channel, maybe I’ll get back to watching her too

Artemicon

The video is from somebody who recently declared himself to be at war with Disney, a chap who has a very many negative things to say about Walt Disney World. I'm sure this will be spun into why this means his view is invalid by somebody with a lot of mental gymnastics, but he really has no reason to be so positive and many to be negative (which he's not). As I don't think direct links to this man are allowed on here, for those who want to watch this themselves then just search youtube under 'Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser - Second Voyage Review with Tom' and you'll be able to watch it and make your own judgement on what he says.
Tom Corless is a popular vlogger/youtuber reporter of Disney who is very well known in the Disney company for being critical of them(rightfully so, imo). It would seem that Disney could easily target him with an elevated experience to help sway him in their favor. He can also write all of this off on his taxes (as expense) because he's using the experience to report and make money on. One should take his experiences into consideration, but also with a grain of salt because of the above details.

Hawg G

I'm more interested in if she is right that all the app stuff is really just busy work and has very little impact on your experience. That's huge, if true.

Hawg G

This is interesting as a whole but especially the part from 1:04:53. It's a tour around the 'ship' at 2:30am when everyone's in bed sleeping and you get a real feel for how nice it actually is

I would never in a million years guess that was a Star Wars hotel, if it was just shown to me.

mergatroid

Wait, someone who’s livelihood IS Disney says their Star Wars hotel is awesome in a video he financially benefits from?
@lentesta from here went and said it feels very Star Wars? This was following him being extremely critical of it before experiencing it. What could his motivation be?

People who Vlogg about Disney can make decent money by being negative all the time such as Clownfish on youtube. Do we assume they are lying all the time because they make money indirectly through Disney? What next in the whose opinion we can't believe if they're good will we get?

"That person wasn't a vlogger, they paid, however as they're a Star Wars fan their opinion doesn't count unless it's negative"?

closely followed by

"That person wasn't a vlogger, they paid, never said they were a Star Wars fan, however I believe a friend of theirs once watched Star Wars or knew somebody who did so their opinion doesn't count either unless it's negative"?

:D

Last edited:

mergatroid

It doesn't look like Star Wars. That is hardly an unpopular opinion
Perhaps when you've bought into the idea you're going on a Star Wars adventure then you relate more to the feel of the experience than watching short visuals on a screen? @lentesta was very critical of the whole thing openly on here till he went and actually kept saying how 'Star Warsy' it felt when he experienced it? Also as Star Wars didn't really feature many 'leisure cruisers' then they had licence to make it how they wanted. One of the reoccurring points people reviewing this experience keep saying (these are paying guests, the ones we were originally told we could trust) is how like Star Wars it feels. I would imagine that a good portion of that is down to the actors and droids and having Chewbacca and Yoda feature along with Kylo and Rey towards the end?

You could argue that a still shot of the empty atrium doesn't scream Star Wars however the point is a bit mute for those experiencing it as they have the whole real time experience on the ship and so if they say it feels very Star Wars in the way it plays out then the chances are that's what it feels like to them. It was built and designed for paying guests and so far loads of reviews from paying guests say they love it. It's all subjective of course but just seems like it's a desperate attempt by some to say it doesn't look Star Wars enough because most paying guests that review it appear to say otherwise and love it.

As we've been reminded this is the review thread perhaps we should move any debate to the other thread though in our defence it's a conversation based on many reviews posted on here. I've tried searching for bad reviews on youtube from those who've experienced it but so far have struggled to find any. A few say it's too expensive but that they had a great time, however I've yet to see anyone saying they were disappointed in it. I'm sure they must exist, I've just genuinely not found any and have watched a lot.

Last edited:

mergatroid

Tripadvisor has 3 reviews so far, one not good

Great Experience
Came here for our Spring break and really enjoyed it! Very interactive and the staff are amazing! Our son loved light saber training & droid racing! The food was terrific! Dinner with Gaya was very entertaining!

Not ready for prime time… lots of bugs in system
Not ready for prime time! …lots of bugs that need to get worked out… kids say bunk beds terribly uncomfortable..food unique, but not most tasty…look and idea is fantastic… Staff were polite, but unable to overcome the technical difficulties and lack of preparedness. We arrived at 1 pm on Sunday, and my wife and I spent the next 9 hours working with a very friendly staff to attempt to get us where we could enter each “experience” and our room…. It was total frustration to miss out on many of the activities, and then today to still have some of our band still not working (family of 9). Greg S. ( manager) apologized and offered a 15% discount for our troubles. Really? This is not what we signed up for…$6,000 per room for 2 nights… wait until they get it right before you invest this kind of money!! and we are very disappointed in Disney’s handling of this… in spite of all our delays and waiting, they act as though we should just be happy to be here. I’m not happy…as a frequent Disney DVC member, this has been a very disappointing experience. My whole family disappointed… we could have done much better.

Far exceeded any experience and expectations
This was in short completely amazing. I spent my own money to do this experience and it far exceeded my expectations. It was completely immersing basically virtual reality without the glasses. That said it's what you make it, participation drives the value. If you choose to sit around and watch you won't have the same perception of value as those who get improv and dressing up to dive fully in. I can't express enough that this is not a star wars hotel, you sleep here but if you think it's just a hotel to park hop from you are sadly mistaken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom