News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Guest reports from March 1 2022

SilentWindODoom

So I have to ask this from people who have experienced it after DH saw blogger had dining interrupted for a story event.
Is this really the case at dinners? Do they give you a decent amount of time to eat? And what are you supposed to do if you haven't finished?

I believe that only happened during the influencer/media event and only to those that were invited to the 5 hour day preview. Many took their drinks with them and left their uneaten food.

I noticed that in the Tracker video of the media event, dessert wasn't touched when this happened, but he completely stopped watching to record the show during the meal. If the blogger was doing this rather than eating, then they might have had some time crunch. An average guest who is not trying to document the trip for preview or posterity, I imagine it wouldn't be a problem. I did have the same question myself, but perhaps it really is more than enough time as long as you don't stop everything to film.

mergatroid

I noticed that in the Tracker video of the media event, dessert wasn't touched when this happened, but he completely stopped watching to record the show during the meal. If the blogger was doing this rather than eating, then they might have had some time crunch. An average guest who is not trying to document the trip for preview or posterity, I imagine it wouldn't be a problem. I did have the same question myself, but perhaps it really is more than enough time as long as you don't stop everything to film.
Tim was invited to the 5 hour (?) day event rather than the full cruise and like you say, spent so long filming he hadn't eaten properly. I believe on the paid version you have way longer to eat.

waltography

how is someone really able to immerse themselves and understand how to "play the video game" when they are so busy trying to record the experience?
That was my thought too; I will say there are some points she made that are concerning that aren't dependent on her necessarily recording (the affiliations on the app not necessarily aligning with her character interactions) but didn't know if there were other reports to corroborate it.

corran horn

Lol, the whole place is designed for “look at me” triggers. What do you think LARP is? Seems you could just as easily say she’s a superfan who’s in character.

Now, if you want to say she’s a attention-seeking self-promoter, not unlike the many YouTubers/travel planners/bloggers who have given it positive reviews, that doesn’t seem far fetched…
I don't disagree.

SilentWindODoom

Tim was invited to the 5 hour (?) day event rather than the full cruise and like you say, spent so long filming he hadn't eaten properly. I believe on the paid version you have way longer to eat.

Indeed. I noted that. My question is: if you do indeed screw up somehow by either getting caught up in the performance, recording it like dads with camcorders did for decades, or are just a slow eater, do you have some recourse? I know that it's been noted the CMs are very accommodating, so if one eats slowly due to a medical infirmary (I know someone who eats extremely slowly because she has a condition where a large bundle of blood vessels sits inside of her cheek so a wrong bite can prove disastrous) I'm sure there are arrangements made. I'm just curious if after the show you can walk right back in the dining room and continue your meal or perhaps some other option is possible.

Then again, given how few times the liminal spaces were shown in vlogs I've watched, it took looking back at the floor plans afterward to remind myself that not every room is right off the atrium, so it's not like you're right outside the dining room.

mergatroid

Indeed. I noted that. My question is: if you do indeed screw up somehow by either getting caught up in the performance, recording it like dads with camcorders did for decades, or are just a slow eater, do you have some recourse? I know that it's been noted the CMs are very accommodating, so if one eats slowly due to a medical infirmary (I know someone who eats extremely slowly because she has a condition where a large bundle of blood vessels sits inside of her cheek so a wrong bite can prove disastrous) I'm sure there are arrangements made. I'm just curious if after the show you can walk right back in the dining room and continue your meal or perhaps some other option is possible.

Then again, given how few times the liminal spaces were shown in vlogs I've watched, it took looking back at the floor plans afterward to remind myself that not every room is right off the atrium, so it's not like you're right outside the dining room.
I'd imagine that the timings give eaters a good amount of time to eat before the meal time is interrupted and guests are asked to go elsewhere to see the next leg of the story continue. Obviously there's a limit to everything and they can't factor in somebody who takes 4 hours to eat a meal (I'm not insinuating your friend takes that long or mocking her at all, just pointing out there's a finite time to do everything). If you're concerned I'd speak to somebody at Disney and express those concerns, I'm sure they'd try to do their best to accommodate your friend as best they can without her missing any major parts of the story.

As everything is on a schedule it maybe that the 'interruption' has to be at a set time so perhaps they could seat and serve your friend slightly earlier so she could finish? Another option could be to assume she won't finish and plan to box her meal up to finish later if there's no other compromise. She could just stay and finish the meal but that's not a great solution if she misses a major scene after paying so much money. Again I'd speak to Disney and see what they can do, I'm sure they'll try to accommodate her the best they can.

mergatroid

The Emperor loves his new clothes. Good. Good.
If your point is it's only getting good reviews because it's new then fine. It's strange though how many on here declared it trash before it was opened even though they'd never been (ironic as many were the same who decided those who'd experienced it without paying can't judge it). So those who say you can't judge until you've paid your own money want us to accept their judgement even though they'd not paid or been?

Also those trashing it too early rarely said "If it does well it's only because it's new", I'd have more respect for their judgement if they had. Instead we read about "Can't wait for the first paying guests to demand a refund" or "It won't fill beyond the first month" without any mention of 'The Emperor's new clothes". I wonder why? You can almost hear their goalposts moving now none of what they said would happen did. What's next "Give it 6 years before it can be judged, there's more willing to pay than we thought". Maybe year 7 we'll get "Well if it's still here in 14 years perhaps then we'll have some truthful reviews.

It's like those who went too soon are now embarrassed they got so much wrong, Good, Good, as you say :D

Last edited:

WDWJoeG

If your point is it's only getting good reviews because it's new then fine. It's strange though how many on here declared it trash before it was opened even though they'd never been (ironic as many were the same who decided those who'd experienced it without paying can't judge it). So those who say you can't judge until you've paid your own money want us to accept their judgement even though they'd not paid or been?

Also those trashing it too early rarely said "If it does well it's only because it's new", I'd have more respect for their judgement if they had. Instead we read about "Can't wait for the first paying guests to demand a refund" or "It won't fill beyond the first month" without any mention of 'The Emperor's new clothes". I wonder why? You can almost hear their goalposts moving now none of what they said would happen did. What's next "Give it 6 years before it can be judged, there's more willing to pay than we thought". Maybe year 7 we'll get "Well if it's still here in 14 years perhaps then we'll have some truthful reviews.

It's like those who went too soon are now embarrassed they got so much wrong, Good, Good, as you say :D
Well, it still looks embarrassing to me and if people are paying and enjoying this as world class "Star Wars theming", well...there's people who think the "Jack Jacks on a stick" at DCA are great, too.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 9FF7B889-270F-4220-A776-EEB8D0617F15.jpeg
    9FF7B889-270F-4220-A776-EEB8D0617F15.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 115

mergatroid

Well, it still looks embarrassing to me and if people are paying and enjoying this as world class "Star Wars theming", well...there's people who think the "Jack Jacks on a stick" at DCA are great, too.

Enjoy!
Sorry to hear that Joe, I'd avoid going if I were you. Your opinion is valid as it's yours but it doesn't seem to reflect those people who are paying to go to this experience which is probably the most, if not the only important factor. Many who initially were skeptical have changed their minds after experiencing it. I guess it's one of those things in life that will have to remain a mystery, why WDWJoeG hates the Galactic Starcruise despite not experiencing it and yet many of those who've experienced it think differently? Look on the bright side though, you can continue to mock those who dress up and go and encourage others to do the same, if nothing else Disney has made your life better by creating this opportunity for you to do that. I was at the Studios a few days ago and saw a couple in Galaxy's Edge dressed up in their Star Wars gear (not for me but each to their own). They were on their 'datapads' doing something and I asked them if they were staying at the Star Wars hotel. They replied that they were and said how much they were enjoying it, had a pleasant chat with them and went on my way. I'm sure were you there you would have shouted out "Look at those losers dressed up pretending to be space people" or something just as witty and made everyone laugh, ah well I'm sure you'll get the chance at some point to do so.

tumblr_nuilbehHe71sl21koo1_540.gifv

Last edited:

Minthorne

I was referring to the fable.

mergatroid

I was referring to the fable.
The meaning of that fable is described as follows

a situation in which people are afraid to criticize something because everyone else seems to think it is good or important.

I'm a bit confused by your reference? Are you saying that people are afraid of criticising the Galactic Starcruise and are only saying it's good because of that? Surely you can't mean that? It's received more abuse and criticism than anything I've ever seen on here and that was from about 30 seconds of actual footage on a fairly terrible advert of an experience nobody had actually experienced?

mergatroid

An interesting review can be found on youtube by a guy who paid twice for two different trips. Some interesting facts were that as they recognised him from his previous visit they gave him a different magic band than the time before, a black one from the gift shop which usually you can only get by purchasing it. This was on top of giving him the white band, which was his second white band. He also spotted two other couples who had returned, so that's 3 parties who'd paid to return on the same trip.

He does say that on this trip there were less staff serving than the first time, however there were just as many actors playing the characters that you interacted with. This time he stayed in a normal room as opposed to a suite, he felt the shower a bit small however said the room was ok. He thought if 5 were in the room that it may be a bit of a squeeze though.

He felt the food was actually better the second trip round, especially the buffet food. He also said that when the restaurant staff realised it was his second trip, they brought him an up charge meal at no extra charge. He was also given free caviar which others weren't, again because the staff knew it was his second trip and it was a way of thanking him for returning.

The actors were nearly all different from his first trip, apart from the captain. It was nice to hear that they were as proficient in their roles as during his first trip and he says the acting on both trips was the best he's witnessed anywhere in a theme park and close to broadway standard.

Repeatability was discussed also. There were enough differences to make it worthwhile and different in his view. Lot's of things to notice that he missed first time round even on the parts he'd done before. He also said that because the actors ad lib and respond to guests, a lot of the activities seemed different as you can't predict what will be said. It was also very easy to make different decisions to put you on very different story paths, this really impressed him and made the experience feel very different on many levels. He's planning a third paid trip which he's looking forward to.

The video is from somebody who recently declared himself to be at war with Disney, a chap who has a very many negative things to say about Walt Disney World. I'm sure this will be spun into why this means his view is invalid by somebody with a lot of mental gymnastics, but he really has no reason to be so positive and many to be negative (which he's not). As I don't think direct links to this man are allowed on here, for those who want to watch this themselves then just search youtube under 'Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser - Second Voyage Review with Tom' and you'll be able to watch it and make your own judgement on what he says.

Minthorne

The meaning of that fable is described as follows

a situation in which people are afraid to criticize something because everyone else seems to think it is good or important.

I'm a bit confused by your reference? Are you saying that people are afraid of criticising the Galactic Starcruise and are only saying it's good because of that? Surely you can't mean that? It's received more abuse and criticism than anything I've ever seen on here and that was from about 30 seconds of actual footage on a fairly terrible advert of an experience nobody had actually experienced?
Honestly I was just going for the comedic pun. Getting into it any deeper is too much for my comprehension.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom