News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Guest reports from March 1 2022

COrunner

Well there is now TONS of information out there; hours and hours of YouTube, many, many articles written. It's now up to folks to decide for themselves if they want to do it or not.

The Galactic Starcruiser does have that high priced exclusivity Disney loves to create to make folks feel inferior if they do not do something thereby creating a demand for it.

My hope is that Disney does not do what it always does; start to make cuts for cost savings. If they keep the quality, they can continue this until they decide its not "making enough" money to keep it going..

I feel like we could see changes as soon as Q4. Reason being right now you can book openings starting in May with a decent selection from June onward. Disney might have been banking that every Star Wars day cosplayer was willing to drop $2k+ a person for a LARP and are realizing that Star Wars fan and Disney fan venn diagram is not a circle.

Plus I can see them doing rewrites to try out more Mando/Grogu replacing Ray/Kylo with young Luke CG replacing Yoda.

Disstevefan1

I feel like we could see changes as soon as Q4. Reason being right now you can book openings starting in May with a decent selection from June onward. Disney might have been banking that every Star Wars day cosplayer was willing to drop $2k+ a person for a LARP and are realizing that Star Wars fan and Disney fan venn diagram is not a circle.

Plus I can see them doing rewrites to try out more Mando/Grogu replacing Ray/Kylo with young Luke CG replacing Yoda.
I will be watching from the sidelines :) I personally can't justify the cost.... Yet :)

corran horn

I would be very surprised if they did not build this in a modular style such that storylines/characters could be swapped out to change the experience enough to justify another trip. (if they originally designed branches were not enough)

Disstevefan1

I would be very surprised if they did not build this in a modular style such that storylines/characters could be swapped out to change the experience enough to justify another trip. (if they originally designed branches were not enough)
They probably did or plan to, but I think its still gonna be a while to give a chance for the first timers go still.
I have to think they would keep the storyline for at least a year; thinking return guests will return at the least once a year.

dmw

In the Parks
No
that would be very cool! Book a trip based on the story line. That would give guests reasons to repeat, and help Disney continue the revenue stream.

TikibirdLand

So tell me, arbiter of acceptable reviewers, when can we trust reviews that are coming out?
IMO, you need to go back and look at previous reviews they've posted and determine if their review matches your experiences. The converging consensus is that they're doing a great job but the experience is overpriced. But, everything they do is. Why should this be any different? At this point, the interesting thing to watch is what the interest tail is at this price point.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1648001618335.png

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Excellent! When are you going back?
OK, I'll play, regardless of the asinine nature of this question.

I'm trying to get a couple of buddies to go with me in the next 9-18 months. And I'm hoping my 7 y/o daughter develops the love for Star Wars that I have, because I'd love to take her when she's about 10.

I'm also actively encouraging some of my more ardent SW fan friends to book trips.

I've been to DW about a dozen times in my 44 years, and DW is not our only vacation spot. So the fact that I will do this again (unless they gut it) to return says a lot.

As I said in my review, I was sad to leave. And for the week or so after I got home, I *literally* dreamt about the trip. It was just so much fun to feel 10 years old again, and I hope, Gimp, that you (and all the other posters who are so desperate for this to fail) have something in your life that makes you feel that way. Because if you're just as bitter and angry as your posts here indicate, I feel sorry for you.

Patcheslee

So I have to ask this from people who have experienced it after DH saw blogger had dining interrupted for a story event.
Is this really the case at dinners? Do they give you a decent amount of time to eat? And what are you supposed to do if you haven't finished?

WowFactor

Wow, thanks to everyone who shared their experiences.

Honest question: is there any possibility that the Galactic Starcruiser team speak a language other than Aurebesh and English?

From what I have observed, the fluency of these languages must be absolutely necessary for the experience.

Disstevefan1

Wow, thanks to everyone who shared their experiences.

Honest question: is there any possibility that the Galactic Starcruiser team speak a language other than Aurebesh and English?

From what I have observed, the fluency of these languages must be absolutely necessary for the experience.
Really good point! Non English speaking folks will not be able to participate without difficulty.

mergatroid

So I have to ask this from people who have experienced it after DH saw blogger had dining interrupted for a story event.
Is this really the case at dinners? Do they give you a decent amount of time to eat? And what are you supposed to do if you haven't finished?
I believe that only happened during the influencer/media event and only to those that were invited to the 5 hour day preview. Many took their drinks with them and left their uneaten food.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I believe that only happened during the influencer/media event and only to those that were invited to the 5 hour day preview. Many took their drinks with them and left their uneaten food.
Indeed. There's a time blocked off for your meal. If you show up late or spend most of the meal vlogging a review of the food, it's certainly possible that you'll have to chose between finishing your meal or attending the story-event.

But they definitely do not run a story-event at some ol' random time that cuts into a scheduled meal time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom