News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

matt9112

I never said I intended to spend money on the Star Wars hotel, I also don’t remember complaining or saying I would complain so I’m not sure what you are trying to say.
Your opinion is invalid is pretty much what i surmised...oh and you lack intelligence.

Some people are just like that?
But i agree its still comparable you just need to take all the ewoks into account and the round door frames.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But i agree its still comparable you just need to take all the ewoks into account and the round door frames.

If you book here because you are looking for a hotel - yes, you are an idiot.

If you goto your All Star resort and wonder where all the actors and performance is - yes you are an idiot.

If you can't understand why they would offer different products for different things.. Why are you even here?

Airports have beds in them too... I don't try comparing the All Star resort to MCO.

(and go back and look up who brought up intelligence first... the one who tried to decode an Idiom literally)

_caleb

Where are the kids only areas in the photos / concept art? Just because they feature a child does not mean it is a kids only area. The floor plans certainly didn’t show any area that could really be a kids only area: a Dojo, bar/restaurant, the bridge, the central lobby. Not seen anything that shows a crèche / kids club.
D2DDE8EE-EAFF-445A-BD4A-FB92FCA1914D.jpeg

According to the Site that Shall Not Be Named:

“Here’s another new section, a kids play area described as a “crew-only portion of the Halcyon” where young travelers can discover the inner workings of the ship’s systems. Much like the Disney Cruise Line’s Oceaneer Club/Lab, this looks like an expansive, interactive area that kids will love (and adults will surely drop in for during open hours hours.)”

The image itself can be found on the official Starcruiser landing page.

J4546

for as much money as they are investing into this hotel, and how expensive it is, they should invest more into star wars land imo. Its good, but its not even the biggest of the 2 and I think they should add another major e ticket ride to the orlando ge to make it better

SplashJacket

for as much money as they are investing into this hotel, and how expensive it is, they should invest more into star wars land imo. Its good, but its not even the biggest of the 2 and I think they should add another major e ticket ride to the orlando ge to make it better
The Star Wars Hotel will prove weather the franchise has the ability to attract deep pockets for extremely specialized experiences.

If the hotel does well, it can be inferred that Galaxy’s Edge will get some attention in one way or another.

It will be very interesting to see how the hotel is perceived a couple years from now. Disney is essentially testing the limits of what is possible.

For instance, the success of Rise has definitely not gone unnoticed by execs. What will come of it? There’s no real of knowing.

As of now, there’s no way of knowing what the hotel’s takeaway will be, but no matter the result, it will spark changes.

J4546

The Star Wars Hotel will prove weather the franchise has the ability to attract deep pockets for extremely specialized experiences.

If the hotel does well, it can be inferred that Galaxy’s Edge will get some attention in one way or another.

It will be very interesting to see how the hotel is perceived a couple years from now. Disney is essentially testing the limits of what is possible.

For instance, the success of Rise has definitely not gone unnoticed by execs. What will come of it? There’s no real of knowing.

As of now, there’s no way of knowing what the hotel’s takeaway will be, but no matter the result, it will spark changes.
i want them to relocate muppets area, make that area a que for a new GotG style inside launch coaster with an xwing theme (basically the movie on a rollercoaster)

imagine launching from the rebel base, into space flying thorough tie fighters and astroids, getting to deathstar, flying close up through canyon and firing missle to blow it up. that would be like living the movie

flynnibus

Premium Member

More like... you’ll probably see more experiences like this outside the parks. More pay for play experiences.

This concept is closer to the ideas that were behind the projects like night kingdom..

The way this was setup in the customer pitch... you wouldn’t even know this was attached to the theme parks. The galaxys edge excursion was almost like a “oh and one more thing...”

nickys

Premium Member
View attachment 513865

“Here’s another new section, a kids play area described as a “crew-only portion of the Halcyon” where young travelers can discover the inner workings of the ship’s systems. Much like the Disney Cruise Line’s Oceaneer Club/Lab, this looks like an expansive, interactive area that kids will love (and adults will surely drop in for during open hours hours.)”

Interesting, I’ve seen the picture but since there as many adults as kids in the picture I didn’t recognise it for what Corless claims it is. Guess we’ll see.

Patcheslee

View attachment 513865

Probably have the same age restriction as Oceaneer :confused:

Is this a murphy bed or escape hatch?
Screenshot_20201118-062804_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

techgeek

Probably have the same age restriction as Oceaneer :confused:

Is this a murphy bed or escape hatch?View attachment 513872

Well, when the ship gets taken over by the empire first order at 3am, how else are you going to escape to shut off the gravity for your surprise recapture of the bridge?

I interpret that to be some manner of pull out storage though, given the lack of any such furniture in the space.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

So... children's play area. Which usually means not for adults.

But... adults will drop by... to watch?... to participate?...

Also... only open during certain hours...

So many questions.

Seems like it's supposed to be for kids but they're not going to enforce adults staying out....

A better solution is to have late night adults-only time serving adult drinks...

flynnibus

Premium Member
So... children's play area. Which usually means not for adults.

But... adults will drop by... to watch?... to participate?...

Also... only open during certain hours...

So many questions.

Seems like it's supposed to be for kids but they're not going to enforce adults staying out....

A better solution is to have late night adults-only time serving adult drinks...

Honestly it just sounds more and more like the cruise ship.

I had high hopes for this when first briefed, but in the years since its appeared more and more to just shadow the offerings on the cruise ship, but styled to star wars. I think it will be too focused on the jedi temple age group, and given the kind of response we’ve seen here even in a fan centric space, disney is going to be pressured to dumb it down even more.

Disney showed me sea base alpha.... now i think we’re just gonna get nemo :/

And given the current leadership..l just don’t see how the original pitch stays true.

Tha Realest

I do find it interesting that Disney is remaking entire rides so “everyone feels welcome” while also building an exclusive resort experience only available to those able to pony up multiple thousands per person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom