News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

FigmentFan82

What I don’t get is how split the company seems to be. They are building towers that might as well have a giant Hilton sign on them, and taking away theming. But then for this one hotel they are going all out and doing something very different.

Is this thing for little kids? Or is it for Star Wars fans who want to cosplay? If it’s for both it’s going to be an odd mix of guests.
For uber SW fans who want to LARP for 2 nights

Purduevian

The pricing on this seems a little crazy. You can do a 3 night Disney Cruise for under $3,000 for 2 adults during the fourth of July and get a Verandah... I feel like the cost per person per night of this should not be more than a 4th of july cruise with a Verandah room.

FigmentFan82

The pricing on this seems a little crazy. You can do a 3 night Disney Cruise for under $3,000 for 2 adults during the fourth of July and get a Verandah... I feel like the cost per person per night of this should not be more than a 4th of july cruise with a Verandah room.
You need to keep in mind that this isn't really just a cruise, it's a 2 night LARP experience that seems like it will cater very closely to each of the guests during their stay. Dedicating extra CMs to create and maintain the LARP experience, as well as most likely giving you priority access to SW:GE in addition to personal experiences in the land as well seems like a justification for the potential high cost

tirian

For uber SW fans who want to LARP for 2 nights

You’re both right, but I’m still going to do it! 🤣

Purduevian

You need to keep in mind that this isn't really just a cruise, it's a 2 night LARP experience that seems like it will cater very closely to each of the guests during their stay. Dedicating extra CMs to create and maintain the LARP experience, as well as most likely giving you priority access to SW:GE in addition to personal experiences in the land as well seems like a justification for the potential high cost
Fair point, DCL (which is already one of the most expensive cruise lines) seems like the most comparable thing to me, but I guess this might have higher costs.

Common Costs:
Food
Actors
Entertainers

Cruise specific costs:
Fuel
Higher maintenance costs (I assume with the engine and such)
Docking/ Portage fees
Captain and other high ranking crew salaries
Maintaining Private Island

Star Cruiser specific costs:
Higher minimum wage for things like cashier and janitors
More Actors/Entertainers per customer

I guess without knowing the numbers it's hard to say what costs more on a per customer basis. Also remember taking passengers to Battu is basically free for Disney.

Last edited:

LovePop

What was the ballpark price people were guessing for this for a family of 4?
For a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids), the price is roughly $3400 per night according to rumors, or $7200 for 2 nights. (4 adults will cost more.) That includes all room and food and transportation to airport, but probably doesn't include tips, which is probably another $720. So basically, for $4000 per night, you get to be shut up in a hotel without windows (computer screens only) for 2 days. You can stay 2 nights and only 2 nights, no more no less. They all it "3 days 2 nights", but that's not true. It's 2 half days and 1 full day, just like any hotel checkin and out.

I hope the price is much lower than this rumor claims, but in any case I believe it can't get cheaper than $1600 a night for a family of 4, or $1200 for two adults, per night.

Either way, you get locked up in a hotel room for 2 nights and can't get out. I mean, your conscience won't let you out for that much money. Magic Kingdom can wait.

Personally, I would pay $3400 per night for 2 nights if it's the Death Star or the Naboo palace or something. (I'll just scrap the next Disneyland trip and dump all the money on 2 nights.) But for the unknown generic star cruiser, no thanks. I wouldn't stay there for any amount of money. I don't really like machinery as decoration.

I am looking forward to seeing, regardless of price, how popular the Star Wars hotel gets. I don't believe there are enough open-minded super rich Star Wars fans to fill this hotel, but it will be interesting to find out that I'm wrong. My guess for a family of 4:
At $3400 per night: hotel will average 10% occupancy.
At $1600 per night, hotel will average 50% occupancy.

FigmentFan82

What was the ballpark price people were guessing for this for a family of 4?
While I'm sure there are families of 4 that are all big SW fans that would love to expereince this hotel, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more something that maybe dad and daughter do together or father and son. This isn't just satying at a hotel, if you want to sign up you should be prepared to be involved in the LARP experience. I'm sure plenty of families have kids where some like SW and some don't. I could very much see family of 4 staying a week at WDW and maybe Mom and daughter who are uber SW fans do the 2 night experience in the middle of the week as a special treat

FigmentFan82

For a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids), the price is roughly $3400 per night according to rumors, or $7200 for 2 nights. (4 adults will cost more.) That includes all room and food and transportation to airport, but probably doesn't include tips, which is probably another $720. So basically, for $4000 per night, you get to be shut up in a hotel without windows (computer screens only) for 2 days. You can stay 2 nights and only 2 nights, no more no less. They all it "3 days 2 nights", but that's not true. It's 2 half days and 1 full day, just like any hotel checkin and out.

I hope the price is much lower than this rumor claims, but in any case I believe it can't get cheaper than $1600 a night for a family of 4, or $1200 for two adults, per night.

Either way, you get locked up in a hotel room for 2 nights and can't get out. I mean, your conscience won't let you out for that much money. Magic Kingdom can wait.

Personally, I would pay $3400 per night for 2 nights if it's the Death Star or the Naboo palace or something. (I'll just scrap the next Disneyland trip and dump all the money on 2 nights.) But for the unknown generic star cruiser, no thanks. I wouldn't stay there for any amount of money. I don't really like machinery as decoration.

I am looking forward to seeing, regardless of price, how popular the Star Wars hotel gets. I don't believe there are enough open-minded super rich Star Wars fans to fill this hotel, but it will be interesting to find out that I'm wrong. My guess for a family of 4:
You need to keep in mind you're buying in to a 2 night LARP experience that will to a degree be personally catered to you. Think of it like a 2 night SW camp. You're going to be doing lots of activities, not just being locked up in a room.

matt9112

You need to keep in mind you're buying in to a 2 night LARP experience that will to a degree be personally catered to you. Think of it like a 2 night SW camp. You're going to be doing lots of activities, not just being locked up in a room.
Like what? And isnt a DCL ship literally full of activities? Plus its you know....a real ship going to real places. I understand the market angle here and i think theres enough wealthy SW fans (this board tells me so) to fill it up but i still think its insane. I also feel like wealthy people who do this just for there kids but are not SW nerds themselves might get turned off and have a distain potentially.

GimpYancIent

Like what? And isnt a DCL ship literally full of activities? Plus its you know....a real ship going to real places. I understand the market angle here and i think theres enough wealthy SW fans (this board tells me so) to fill it up but i still think its insane. I also feel like wealthy people who do this just for there kids but are not SW nerds themselves might get turned off and have a distain potentially.
Hmmmm a fantasy SW cruise. No floating Petri dish, stable and grounded, immersive (brief) escape into something different w SW enthusiasts. I am thinking over how my family of 12 SW nerds (yes, kids and adults) can be worked into cabin arrangements. True there will be those that do not want to experience it, Ahhhhh but there are plenty that do.

FigmentFan82

Like I said, it's a LARP experience. A cruise is not

matt9112

Like I said, it's a LARP experience. A cruise is not
Couldn't you argue a DCL Is a disney bubble in itself? I mean the ship has many elements and activitys all loosely tied into the mouse theme wise. Across the board. I agree with you but i just dont see the value in such an experience.

_caleb

I’m thinking this just isn’t for you.

Patcheslee

It's going to come down to what is included for price vs upcharge for us. If it would require purchasing HS admission, light saber to DO training, and upcharges for the dining experiences vs a buffet, ect. $7200 would be hard to swallow.

nickys

Premium Member
What I don’t get is how split the company seems to be. They are building towers that might as well have a giant Hilton sign on them, and taking away theming. But then for this one hotel they are going all out and doing something very different.

Is this thing for little kids? Or is it for Star Wars fans who want to cosplay? If it’s for both it’s going to be an odd mix of guests.
This isn’t aimed at kids, but being Disney it will see families staying. Hardcore LARPing fans will be disappointed. I think it’s primarily aimed at Star Wars fans who have a decent disposable income who either bring their family along or come as a group of friends. And yes, there will be an odd mix of guests, including some that are only there because DH / DW are avid Star War fans.

nickys

Premium Member
Like what?
Past discussions have likened this to a murder mystery weekend, only Star Wars themed. So for example some activities might include:

- a couple of hours on the bridge with a mission objective to intercept an attack on the star ship

- a mission to discover the identity of a spy who has infiltrated the ship, akin to a murder mystery dinner, mingling with other guests and the actors, asking questions, finding clues

- Jedi Training for grown-ups

- a themed dinner with entertainment, a bit like what the TS restaurant in Galaxy Edge was going to provide with a cabaret type show whilst you eat

- exclusive excursion to Batuu, maybe after hours, but certainly with guaranteed access to both rides, Oga’s and the lightsaber and droid building, plus interactive elements only available to guests of the star ship.

FigmentFan82

This isn’t aimed at kids, but being Disney it will see families staying. Hardcore LARPing fans will be disappointed. I think it’s primarily aimed at Star Wars fans who have a decent disposable income who either bring their family along or come as a group of friends. And yes, there will be an odd mix of guests, including some that are only there because DH / DW are avid Star War fans.
It's def for kids, and all ages for that matter. Concept art has even shown some of the "kids only" activity areas

nickys

Premium Member
It's def for kids, and all ages for that matter. Concept art has even shown some of the "kids only" activity areas
Where are the kids only areas in the photos / concept art? Just because they feature a child does not mean it is a kids only area. The floor plans certainly didn’t show any area that could really be a kids only area: a Dojo, bar/restaurant, the bridge, the central lobby. Not seen anything that shows a crèche / kids club.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It's for the oddest mix of guests: families.

We have two competing leaks for the price -- neither reliable. We really don't know the price at this point.

Tell that to the dads recruited to be animated furniture in Enchanted Tales of Belle.

Adults that are normally reserved wind up letting their guard down and joining in play when children are involved. Or pets.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom