News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

_caleb

Here’s the picture that shows some of the storage just outside the bedroom. A big tall unti with shelves and an alcove which could be a vanity unit beyond. My guess is the bathroom and maybe a closet are off to the left of the picture as we’re looking down the hall.

View attachment 513954
Yeah, my initial reaction to the reveal of the actual rooms is that it looks a lot more hotel-like than I had imagined/hoped. Obviously, the rooms are small (maybe more like cruise ship cabins, which would be appropriate), but the layout of the rooms is classic hotel. But it's going to be even more challenging to convince the people who keep expecting a pool that this isn't a hotel when the rooms look so hotellish.

Also, the "window" out to space seems small (I know, giant screens are expensive!), and there's a lot less in the way of "control panels" and Star Wars technology in the rooms than I had expected.

Anyone know what the camera-projector-looking thing on the ceiling above the space window is? Functional? Decorative? I could see it as a tracking camera to try to produce a parallax shift of the video view, or maybe it's part of the show?
SW-hotel-2-copy-700x402.jpg

It doesn't seem to be present in the concept art:
starwars-galacticstarcruiser-cabin-700x394.jpg

Still, I'm excited about this thing and interested to see how it develops.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here’s the picture that shows some of the storage just outside the bedroom. A big tall unti with shelves and an alcove which could be a vanity unit beyond. My guess is the bathroom and maybe a closet are off to the left of the picture as we’re looking down the hall.

View attachment 513954
I don't think they'd be able to fit a closet to the left. That space is all needed for bathroom, I imagine.

Though the door being at an angle is odd... such a thing doesn't show on the blueprints...

1605723343018.png

Highlighted connecting rooms and a wider room other than the 1st Class Cabin... maybe accessible room?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Anyone know what the camera-projector-looking thing on the ceiling above the space window is? Functional? Decorative? I could see it as a tracking camera to try to produce a parallax shift of the video view, or maybe it's part of the show?
Maybe a holoprojector!!

_caleb

I don't think they'd be able to fit a closet to the left. That space is all needed for bathroom, I imagine.

Though the door being at an angle is odd... such a thing doesn't show on the blueprints...

View attachment 513960

Highlighted connecting rooms and a wider room other than the 1st Class Cabin... maybe accessible room?
I thought maybe the angle of the door was an optical illusion due to the lens they used for the photo? Because if those are pocket doors, the wall would need to be in the same plane as the doors in order to function, right?

nickys

Premium Member

View attachment 513960

There looks to be space between the door and the bathroom and then again between the bathroom and the bunks. So if the bath is behind the bunks and the toilet on the far side there could be a small closet just at the bathroom opening we can see. At the very least there would need to be a safe so a small closet would be likely, opening to the vanity area between bath and toilet.

mdcpr

While I'm sure there are families of 4 that are all big SW fans that would love to expereince this hotel, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more something that maybe dad and daughter do together or father and son. This isn't just satying at a hotel, if you want to sign up you should be prepared to be involved in the LARP experience. I'm sure plenty of families have kids where some like SW and some don't. I could very much see family of 4 staying a week at WDW and maybe Mom and daughter who are uber SW fans do the 2 night experience in the middle of the week as a special treat
or Mom and son, or Mom and daughter over a weekend because mom has a full-time job like dad.

mdcpr

What you need to do is write to your representatives, or, run for office yourself to create a government-funded licensed Disney park that is free for all. It's certainly more important than making health care affordable for all.

Because all the free or very low cost town, county, state, and federal parks, forests, beaches, playgrounds, museums, sports fields, and arts centers aren't enough.

And certainly having to buy store-brand Hydrox knock-offs instead of Oreos is equivalent to several centuries of systemic discrimination based on skin color. The poor lower classes can't have nicer things because they're poor. If only there was some way to end poverty.

I see the point you're making. I see it very clearly.
Hydrox came out before Oreos. :)

FigmentFan82

or Mom and son, or Mom and daughter over a weekend because mom has a full-time job like dad.
middle of your VACATION week. please read what I wrote and don't try and gender shame me. My point was about how part of a family could do this in the middle of their WDW vacation week if not everyone is into SW.

Last edited:

bpiper

View attachment 513960

I don't think that's a connecting room. It looks like the "CABIN" text has a non transparent background and is covering part of the wall since it was not centered. Similarly the 1ST CLASS CABIN text is doing the same thing.

For blueprints, these are terrible. They look like something an intern put together for PowerPoint. Maybe they turned on the wrong layers in the drawing and that is what's making them look wrong. For instance, the cabin doors look like they are half the width of the cabin??? What are those little boxes in the rooms suppose to be? Some of those are in the wall too.

MrPromey

So... children's play area. Which usually means not for adults.

But... adults will drop by... to watch?... to participate?...

Also... only open during certain hours...

So many questions.

Seems like it's supposed to be for kids but they're not going to enforce adults staying out....

A better solution is to have late night adults-only time serving adult drinks...
This looks from the graphics a lot like a standard Disney play area (think Mission Space exit/wait space or maybe the Dumbo queue) themed to Star Wars.

Based on what the kids are doing in that graphic, I don't think it's going to be much use for adults outside of a few Instagram shots.*

*and I'm in no way implying there's anything wrong with that - just that this doesn't look like anything intended to wow most earthlings who are over four feet or so tall.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I don't think that's a connecting room. It looks like the "CABIN" text has a non transparent background and is covering part of the wall since it was not centered. Similarly the 1ST CLASS CABIN text is doing the same thing.

For blueprints, these are terrible. They look like something an intern put together for PowerPoint. Maybe they turned on the wrong layers in the drawing and that is what's making them look wrong. For instance, the cabin doors look like they are half the width of the cabin??? What are those little boxes in the rooms suppose to be? Some of those are in the wall too.
They were mainly drawn up for basic site and water management plans. I'm sure the real building blueprints are more detailed.

LastoneOn

The pricing on this seems a little crazy. You can do a 3 night Disney Cruise for under $3,000 for 2 adults during the fourth of July and get a Verandah... I feel like the cost per person per night of this should not be more than a 4th of july cruise with a Verandah room.
Sorry, it isn't a cruise. Its much different. And its priced to exclude a great number of people. Which is a business decision like any other.

LastoneOn

This is marketed to SERIOUS SW fans, those wanting a role play experience. Its not aimed at casual looky-loos out for a bit of fun or those that want to gawk at "the nerds" whatever.
The people trying to squeeze 6 into a room configured for 4 and whatnot are not the market. If you've got the money, its for you. If you thinking you can have people sleep on the floor, get Green Grocier to deliver your water and diapers and cereal, etc etc - you are not the target market.

I don't plan to go. I'm not enough of a fan. Arguing about why its priced so high and in general getting y at Disney for having this very premium experience is mind boggling stupid.

Tha Realest

What you need to do is write to your representatives, or, run for office yourself to create a government-funded licensed Disney park that is free for all. It's certainly more important than making health care affordable for all.

Because all the free or very low cost town, county, state, and federal parks, forests, beaches, playgrounds, museums, sports fields, and arts centers aren't enough.

And certainly having to buy store-brand Hydrox knock-offs instead of Oreos is equivalent to several centuries of systemic discrimination based on skin color. The poor lower classes can't have nicer things because they're poor. If only there was some way to end poverty.

I see the point you're making. I see it very clearly.
Disney can do what it wants. It built the ride, they’re free to tear it down and put up whatever. And they can charge $1 or $1,000 for the experience of visiting for a day. I don’t care. What I do care is they try and have it both ways, on the one hand signaling that they’re open to making “everyone” feel welcome when general admission is out of reach for most and certain experiences unattainable for the great majority.

And while in hindsight a song from seven decades or so ago doesn’t hold up, their *current* business dealings with despotic regimes is shameful.

So yes, everyone’s welcome at Disney. Unless you’re Uighur.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
And while in hindsight a song from seven decades or so ago doesn’t hold up, their *current* business dealings with despotic regimes is shameful.
Some of our elected representatives who were making that very complaint about Disney have the power to create laws to keep all American businesses from having those types of relationships with China.

So... where's the bill? If there's no bill preventing that, time to make the same criticism of those representatives/senators.

kingdead

Politics aside, I think that there's been an expectation that once you pay for admission to a theme park, you basically have the same opportunity for experience as every other paying customer. Sure, you can pay extra for food or photos or whatever, but none of the attractions themselves require further payment.

Galaxy's Edge is right on the edge of breaking that expectation, IMO--many of the attractions involve an upcharge or are actually just straight-up shopping.* There really isn't much that you can do if you're not willing to spend money on top of admission. The hotel just makes the situation that much more obvious.

* Yeah, there's Rise, but it's currently difficult to access even at its most reliable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom