News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
More like... you’ll probably see more experiences like this outside the parks. More pay for play experiences.

This concept is closer to the ideas that were behind the projects like night kingdom..

The way this was setup in the customer pitch... you wouldn’t even know this was attached to the theme parks. The galaxys edge excursion was almost like a “oh and one more thing...”

Yeah, I have always felt this Disney is much more likely to go this route then build a 5th traditional park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I do find it interesting that Disney is remaking entire rides so “everyone feels welcome” while also building an exclusive resort experience only available to those able to pony up multiple thousands per person.
What you need to do is write to your representatives, or, run for office yourself to create a government-funded licensed Disney park that is free for all. It's certainly more important than making health care affordable for all.

Because all the free or very low cost town, county, state, and federal parks, forests, beaches, playgrounds, museums, sports fields, and arts centers aren't enough.

And certainly having to buy store-brand Hydrox knock-offs instead of Oreos is equivalent to several centuries of systemic discrimination based on skin color. The poor lower classes can't have nicer things because they're poor. If only there was some way to end poverty.

I see the point you're making. I see it very clearly.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What you need to do is write to your representatives, or, run for office yourself to create a government-funded licensed Disney park that is free for all. It's certainly more important than making health care affordable for all.
Well, the recent $1,200 stimulus check would just about pay for 5 days/4 nights in a Disney resort Deluxe hotel with tickets per person...

FigmentFan82

View attachment 513865
According to the Site that Shall Not Be Named:

“Here’s another new section, a kids play area described as a “crew-only portion of the Halcyon” where young travelers can discover the inner workings of the ship’s systems. Much like the Disney Cruise Line’s Oceaneer Club/Lab, this looks like an expansive, interactive area that kids will love (and adults will surely drop in for during open hours hours.)”

The image itself can be found on the official Starcruiser landing page.
Ha! Yes I knew I saw and read this info before!

wedding brooklyn GIF

_caleb

Ha! Yes I knew I saw and read this info before!

wedding brooklyn GIF
Yeah, you didn’t just imagine it!

I’m not exactly sure where they got the idea that the “engineering room” was specifically for kids, though. Maybe that was mentioned elsewhere, maybe it was an assumption? The Starcruiser landing page only says:

“Sneak into the crew-only area and discover the inner-workings of the ship’s systems.”

FigmentFan82

Yeah, you didn’t just imagine it!

I’m not exactly sure where they got the idea that the “engineering room” was specifically for kids, though. Maybe that was mentioned elsewhere, maybe it was an assumption? The Starcruiser landing page only says:

“Sneak into the crew-only area and discover the inner-workings of the ship’s systems.”
Yeah, it could be something in flux or that they're still figuring out. And as to the adults in the concept art, I'm pretty sure kids still need supervision even in a "kids only" play area, so prob CMs staffed there

nickys

Premium Member
Well, when the ship gets taken over by the empire first order at 3am, how else are you going to escape to shut off the gravity for your surprise recapture of the bridge?

I interpret that to be some manner of pull out storage though, given the lack of any such furniture in the space.
The storage is in the hall way between the door and the bedroom. You can see it in one of the pictures, there’s a dresser on one side. I suspect there’s also a closet too.

Incomudro

I struggle with the thought that any of us adults can believe that anything Star Wars related - particularly in the Disney Parks isn't going to be at the very least extremely welcoming to kids.
This experience in particular is certainly going to encourage families with little ones.
Matter of fact, now that my son's will be 19 in January - my family has aged out of wanting to do this experience.
Whereas, we would have certainly wanted to do it years ago when the boys were younger.

nickys

Premium Member
I struggle with the thought that any of us adults can believe that anything Star Wars related - particularly in the Disney Parks isn't going to be at the very least extremely welcoming to kids.
This experience in particular is certainly going to encourage families with little ones.
Matter of fact, now that my son's will be 19 in January - my family has aged out of wanting to do this experience.
Whereas, we would have certainly wanted to do it years ago when the boys were younger.
But would you have paid the astronomical cost of it with young kids? I doubt the kids will get much of a discount off the cost.

Incomudro

But would you have paid the astronomical cost of it with young kids? I doubt the kids will get much of a discount off the cost.
Perhaps, maybe - depending on what that price was and our income at the time - had this experience been available at the time.
Maybe we would have winged it for the sake of the kids experiencing a once in a lifetime memory. We probably would have.
We would have been willing (as parents are) to go along with the role play when the boys were younger too.
Now I couldn't do it, and that's partially because the boys wouldn't do it anymore.
Well, maybe one of them would - but not the other.

nickys

Premium Member
The storage is in the hall way between the door and the bedroom. You can see it in one of the pictures, there’s a dresser on one side. I suspect there’s also a closet too.
Here’s the picture that shows some of the storage just outside the bedroom. A big tall unti with shelves and an alcove which could be a vanity unit beyond. My guess is the bathroom and maybe a closet are off to the left of the picture as we’re looking down the hall.

1605722115636.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
My son is 10. My daughter is 14. We likely will. It's all relative. Will there be some eye-rolling? Sure. But it's kinda bucket-list.
Yeah, at that age we probably would have too. But not any younger, it would feel like a waste of money, we’d have had to do what they wanted to do most of the time and then they’d want to do it again. Now that they’re 25 and 20 I can actually see us doing it. Will I feel silly? Of course but I’m sure I’ll enjoy it, in fact I can see me getting quite competitive at times! I won’t feel like I have to do the same thing as DH and the boys all the time and I can always retreat to the lounge. And best of all they can join us for a few cocktails if they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom