News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

FigmentFan82

Where are the kids only areas in the photos / concept art? Just because they feature a child does not mean it is a kids only area. The floor plans certainly didn’t show any area that could really be a kids only area: a Dojo, bar/restaurant, the bridge, the central lobby. Not seen anything that shows a crèche / kids club.
Pretty sure there was some info alluding to a kids only area. regardless, every piece of art and even the promo video states its for KIDS and adults. But sure, go be anti-kid an WDW, lol

SpoiledBlueMilk

Pretty sure there was some info alluding to a kids only area. regardless, every piece of art and even the promo video states its for KIDS and adults. But sure, go be anti-kid an WDW, lol
I don't think it's a kids only or adults only issue here. Disney is banking on adult SW fans who want to join in the fun with a family LARPing experience.

nickys

Premium Member
I didn’t say I was anti kids. Or that this would be. But something primarily aimed at kids tends not to cost quite as much as what this is going to cost.

I still believe this is aimed at people who watched Star Wars in 1977 and now have their chance to “live the movie”. And take their own kids with them. And younger fans too, of course.

SpoiledBlueMilk

I didn’t say I was anti kids. Or that this would be. But something primarily aimed at kids tends not to cost quite as much as what this is going to cost.

I still believe this is aimed at people who watched Star Wars in 1977 and now have their chance to “live the movie”. And take their own kids with them. And younger fans too, of course.
I'll be dragging my wife along in the next few years, certainly....

flynnibus

Premium Member
What I don’t get is how split the company seems to be. They are building towers that might as well have a giant Hilton sign on them, and taking away theming. But then for this one hotel they are going all out and doing something very different.

Because you are comparing apples and oranges.

This is not a new line of hotel design... This is a specific full 360 multi-day experience. It's not a themed hotel.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m comparing a Disney overnight accommodation with another Disney overnight accommodation.

I don’t like the “there’s no comparison” argument. It’s a way to shut down anothers thought process. Apples and oranges are both fruits and can be compared by anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence.

SpoiledBlueMilk

This is not a new line of hotel design... This is a specific full 360 multi-day experience. It's not a themed hotel.
I'm all for a well designed hotel that isn't overly themed for my regular park stays, but this is going to be a standalone experience that needs to make me forget that I'm in a hotel. Two totally different things.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I’m comparing a Disney overnight accommodation with another Disney overnight accommodation.

I don’t like the “there’s no comparison” argument. It’s a way to shut down anothers thought process. Apples and oranges are both fruits and can be compared by anyone with a reasonable amount of intelligence.

You are free to spend money on the wrong things - but none of us are going to give you the time of day when you complain about it because you insisted on different things being the same.

If you can't grasp the difference between a hotel you hire to have a place to sleep, and a multiday on-site experience... well then I don't think you are in any position to point fingers about reasonable amounts of intelligence.

TrainsOfDisney

You are free to spend money on the wrong things - but none of us are going to give you the time of day when you complain about it because you insisted on different things being the same.
I never said I intended to spend money on the Star Wars hotel, I also don’t remember complaining or saying I would complain so I’m not sure what you are trying to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom