News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Most, if not all Starcruiser guests, are going to be big SW fans. The price they'll pay for this experience is high enough for them to want to take advantage of every perk.
I don't think many would mind staying late one night out of their trip to experience Batuu at night, with fewer visitors and when the land looks it's best.

Many, many fans are willing to be up at 6am (or earlier) to experience RotR, and that's just 1 ride they didn't have to pay extra for. Fwiw, I wouldn't mind at all! ;)

They may offer an after hours option, but I think guests will be able to go to the land at various times of day. The "shuttle" doesn't look that big and I am going to guess a lot of the experiences in the hotel will be low capacity, so it will make sense to try to spread the guests out.

I may be in the minority, but I have always believed that this will be a fairly open experience. People can do whatever they want, even treat it like a normal hotel, but will get the most bang for their buck if they play along.

MurphyJoe

They may offer an after hours option, but I think guests will be able to go to the land at various times of day. The "shuttle" doesn't look that big and I am going to guess a lot of the experiences in the hotel will be low capacity, so it will make sense to try to spread the guests out.

I'm with you on this. The official video from Feb 6, 2020 makes no mention of exclusive access, only exclusive transportation from the hotel to park. If someone wants to "head down to the planet" they'll be able to; in fact, after a quick review of official material, I'm not confident there's going to be exclusive Batuu time for guests. It would be much cheaper and easier for Disney to issue a set of anytime FP for all GE attractions and experiences to people staying at the hotel versus transit and staffing for private hours.

Patcheslee

I'm with you on this. The official video from Feb 6, 2020 makes no mention of exclusive access, only exclusive transportation from the hotel to park. If someone wants to "head down to the planet" they'll be able to; in fact, after a quick review of official material, I'm not confident there's going to be exclusive Batuu time for guests. It would be much cheaper and easier for Disney to issue a set of anytime FP for all GE attractions and experiences to people staying at the hotel versus transit and staffing for private hours.
This is along the lines of what I'm thinking as well. They could easily throw FP, and earlier booking window for GE ressies, reserved Jedi Training and grab ppl that way. Maybe be allowed to wear Jedi robes in GE as well.

nickys

Premium Member
This is along the lines of what I'm thinking as well. They could easily throw FP, and earlier booking window for GE ressies, reserved Jedi Training and grab ppl that way. Maybe be allowed to wear Jedi robes in GE as well.

The latest information already says that adults and kids can take part in Jedi Training on board.

Jedi Training in DHS isn’t in Galaxy’s Edge.

TrainsOfDisney

This is going to be very interesting logistically. There will need to be security and park entrance for guests entering the park. Where will that take place? And you can’t just force people to stay in the park for so many hours with no return to the hotel available can you? So the shuttle will run all day I would think so there would need to be a cm at whatever secret access point for the shuttle....

Do they allow adults to dress up in the hotel but not in the land?

Obviously they will figure out solutions but interesting to think about it.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
This is going to be very interesting logistically. There will need to be security and park entrance for guests entering the park. Where will that take place? And you can’t just force people to stay in the park for so many hours with no return to the hotel available can you? So the shuttle will run all day I would think so there would need to be a cm at whatever secret access point for the shuttle....

In one rendering, I remember seeing at least one guest dressed as Han Solo. I'm very interested in the logistics too, can't wait to learn more details.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Security can easily be worked into storyline of the hotel and will probably happen during the shuttle process.

Josh Hendy

Security can easily be worked into storyline of the hotel and will probably happen during the shuttle process.
Good point, very sensible.

Something I missed: is the hotel an imperial or rebel cruiser? Is it supposed to be military or civilian?

Other than the necessary security check, is the vibe on a "cruise" on a military ship not going to come off as a bit tense and regimented?

It seems like the less imperial and "in character" the cast act, the better the experience for the average guest. Unless they're a storm trooper cosplayer and they're leading their companions around in handcuffs ... or they sneak around the hotel yelling "pew! pew!" 🤣

rsm

Good point, very sensible.

Something I missed: is the hotel an imperial or rebel cruiser? Is it supposed to be military or civilian?

Other than the necessary security check, is the vibe on a "cruise" on a military ship not going to come off as a bit tense and regimented?

It seems like the less imperial and "in character" the cast act, the better the experience for the average guest. Unless they're a storm trooper cosplayer and they're leading their companions around in handcuffs ... or they sneak around the hotel yelling "pew! pew!" 🤣

For $3000 I better get woken up in the middle of the night by stormtroopers who break down my door and threaten my belongings with flame throwers.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I believe security will happen upon arrival to the “hotel.” Once guests enter the star cruiser they will be in a secure zone and will remain so for the duration of their stay.

I don't subscribe to the idea that they "will remain for the duration of their stay", although there obviously is no reason they couldn't re-screen people when they re-enter.

TrainsOfDisney

All luggage is scanned for air travel. No reason it wouldn’t be scanned prior to space travel as well. Luggage screening is planned to be part of the embarkation process.

Interesting. Like i said logistics will be interesting. Do you not allow selfie sticks at the hotel for example? Where is the smoking area going to be? The more I think of this logistically the more I wonder how it will work out.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Interesting. Like i said logistics will be interesting. Do you not allow selfie sticks at the hotel for example? Where is the smoking area going to be? The more I think of this logistically the more I wonder how it will work out.

There are a number of items that would be ok in a hotel room but not in a theme park. The smoking questions is also a good one. I guess they could create a specially ventilated room in the hotel as a smoking area.

MrPromey

Is 3K manageable though? I still feel this is pricing too many people out. It’s fine to have a select number of people willing to pay that, but they need to fill this hotel starcruiser.

This is a "boutique" resort. It doesn't have that many rooms to fill which is why they can get away with crazy pricing. They don't care if they price most people out, really. They wouldn't have room for "most" people, anyway.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom