News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

beachlover4444

This place will be more than most people would ever be able to afford in my opinion. I would assume it's going to be priced higher than anything they currently have. If I am following along with the story, after park hours they can roam around galaxy's edge and not be able to get to the rest of the park? It does look like they could close it off at the entrance to the new toy story land and the entrance at the end of grand avenue. Any one heard if they will change the entrance to the current ride to the other side that will face galaxy's edge sort of like what they are doing to the toy story ride?

21stamps

This place will be more than most people would ever be able to afford in my opinion. I would assume it's going to be priced higher than anything they currently have. If I am following along with the story, after park hours they can roam around galaxy's edge and not be able to get to the rest of the park? It does look like they could close it off at the entrance to the new toy story land and the entrance at the end of grand avenue. Any one heard if they will change the entrance to the current ride to the other side that will face galaxy's edge sort of like what they are doing to the toy story ride?

If I was involved with pricing, which I’m not so this is all guessing..

I’d price it “high” but not too high to where it’s uber-exclusive. Especially when they are marketing it to general audiences. Pricing also depends on what they include.. but the 2500-3500 is my guess.

Once you go above $5k you’re wiping out the majority of the population.

Kamikaze

If by 'current ride' you mean Star Tours, then no - Star Tours is not physically connected to Galaxy's Edge and is not part of the land. There is a section of park in between the two. It will not be around forever.

After hours access to Galaxy's Edge is a possibility, but not something that has been mentioned officially at any point. When SW:GE opens, there will definitely be upsell events for that access, but that is independent of the starship.

seascape

Not to be rude, but this is going to be a boutique resort.

Expect prices to be much more.
If it includes tickets that would add 250 a day for 2 people. Meals even more. Cruise ships are all inclusive. So 600 plus 275 plus another 300 for food brings it to 1175 a night. That is high vs cruise ships. Plus their is drinks to add.

21stamps

I think it'll at least be 5,000 dollars, and of course there will be room upgrades as well.

I could be totally wrong.. but if they go $5k and up, I think they realize that they would lose more than they gain. 2 nights is a perfect way to start or end a trip, I think a lot of people will want to bookend that resort.
If it’s over $5k, they won’t.

Of course you’ll have the SW Nerds who only want to do the SW experience then leave..but there’s not an endless supply of them to spend $5k for 2 nights.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well there's no point in a "seemless connection to SW:GE" if you never get to go. So you'll be getting fresh air and sunlight then.

The theory all along is that your experience in the resort is CONNECTED aka 'continuity' with your experience in the park. Not that there is free movement between them, shared, etc. Imagine story elements between the park and resort being shared... having things happen in the park in immersive/nextGen elements that tied to your experience in the resort, etc.

The pitch was the end of your trip was at the park... where these 'continuity' things are woven in via NextGen or character elements, etc.

21stamps

All I know is, when booking does open, they better do either non-refundable rates.. or a 50% deposit at time of booking.

I hope the opening coincides with my kiddo’s birthday. He won’t get a party that year though.lol

flynnibus

Premium Member
If it includes tickets that would add 250 a day for 2 people. Meals even more. Cruise ships are all inclusive. So 600 plus 275 plus another 300 for food brings it to 1175 a night. That is high vs cruise ships. Plus their is drinks to add.

Cruise ships are a big market - this is a specialized... 'exclusive' market

Do not compare with mass market offerings...

TDLFan

I can tell you this, however much it ends up costing, I wouldn't go as soon as it opens. It's going to take some time to iron out the kinks until it becomes a well-oiled resort experience. Lot's of lessons will be learned in it's first year.

21stamps

My understanding is that this will be an "Alternate" vacation to WDW provided by Disney. It'll cost the same as going to WDW and experiencing all the parks, except
the only park you will be visiting is DHS, and a super themed resort with great shopping, restaurants, and entertainment.

I have to imagine that when the decision makers are discussing price points, they don’t want to price such a large portion of Star Wars fans out.

Asking an upper-middle class family, Disney’s ‘preferred demographic’, to spend $5,000-$10,000 for 48 hours does not sound sustainable, or marketable in the way they are announcing.

imperius

Cruise ships are a big market - this is a specialized... 'exclusive' market

Do not compare with mass market offerings...
Yep. This is really only for SW fanatics are the insane prices people are saying. Even then you would price out 90% of them if it’s 5k or more.

21stamps

Yep. This is really only for SW fanatics are the insane prices people are saying. Even then you would price out 90% of them if it’s 5k or more.

And you don’t build an entire hotel at that price point, it’s crazy. Have options for $10k suites and a few extras, fine. I don’t see it as plausible to be priced that high for the whole thing.

I hope I’m not eating my words in a few months ;)

imperius

And you don’t build an entire hotel at that price point, it’s crazy. Have options for $10k suites and a few extras, fine. I don’t see it as plausible to be priced that high for the whole thing.

I hope I’m not eating my words in a few months ;)
Yeah if it’s about 5k for 2 nights then it would be a joke. You can yell immersion and whatever you like all day, but no. It’s a niche hotel and if you price it where only the top 5% can afford then you aren’t going to last long. I make good money and am not a huge Star Wars fan, but I would for this with my wife for 3k.

nickys

Premium Member
The theory all along is that your experience in the resort is CONNECTED aka 'continuity' with your experience in the park. Not that there is free movement between them, shared, etc. Imagine story elements between the park and resort being shared... having things happen in the park in immersive/nextGen elements that tied to your experience in the resort, etc.

The pitch was the end of your trip was at the park... where these 'continuity' things are woven in via NextGen or character elements, etc.

There hasn't been "a pitch". Or a universal "theory". Just the promise of an "immersive experience". Everyone here is guessing because nothing has been said about what that actually entails.

What's the point in having "shared experiences" between the park and resort if you don't get to the park until the end of the "trip". What do you do with your luggage when you check out if you go straight to the park?

I would expect there to be extra EMH at least 2 or 3 times over the 3 days, as part of the immersive experience. Maybe once in the morning, once at night. Either that or they have to tie up FPs for the rides for the hotel guests during normal opening hours. There's no way they will do this without exclusive access to SW:GE - imo. At the very least I want photos of me in SW:GE in my costume! ;)

21stamps

Yeah if it’s about 5k for 2 nights then it would be a joke. You can yell immersion and whatever you like all day, but no. It’s a niche hotel and if you price it where only the top 5% can afford then you aren’t going to last long. I make good money and am not a huge Star Wars fan, but I would for this with my wife for 3k.

Exactly. Let’s say it’s 200 rooms, or even 50.. how often will it see 90%+ occupancy at a $5k and up rate? It’s a 2 day experience that rotates out, right?
There’s not enough people to fill it at those prices.

We’re talking 2 nights, not a week’s worth of vacation.

No sense in building such a hotel to be half full.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom