News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

flynnibus

Premium Member
Based on the "new" information (and any possible other insider information) any chance now that the hotel is NOT built adjacent to Galaxy's Edge? I mean, the announcement simply states "it will be seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge" however, one could argue that Hogsmead and Diagon Alley at Universal are "seamlessly connected" (despite being a reasonable distance apart). Any chance that they do something similar here (a.l.a. either have buses or some other transportation solution with either false/projection windows or possibly no windows at all to get you between the hotel and Galaxy's Edge?

I'm still waiting to see.. I don't think the statements now are 'confirmation' - they are statements that can still mean multiple different things. The way they are hyping this integration tho.. it is going to off people if it's not tho.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm wondering how 'egress' issues will be handled if the windows in each room are either computer monitors or windows to some combination of models and CGI. In the event of a fire (or any real emergency) there have to be exits anyone in the building.

Same way most hotels are today.. with hallways and stairwells. The windows at most hotels are not exit routes. They can not be opened, nor do they provide a means to ground access.

ItlngrlBella

The new statement still does not say the starship will be directly next to the park. Just that it will be seamlessly connected. Something like the Hogwarts Express is a seamless connection - meaning no breaks in the immersion.

...or a specially outfitted Monorail line built that has special FFX Windows to make it look like you are flying through space... (except when the door accidentally opens while running and you see the grass below.)

Oops? Did I just say that out loud?! 🤭😉

Myth Maker

Sounds interesting if they have guests in costumes with direct access to galaxy's edge. Seems like the guests will be part of the cosplay of the actual land inside HWS itself. Interesting concept... Will keep the land feeling more alive with characters without having to pay anyone... actually it is the reverse, the staff are paying you!

disneyflush

This is the only part that I don’t like. I understand the reasoning, but still am a bit concerned. I try to always stay in a hotel with a balcony, sometimes it’s not possible though..but typically those are in a city and have very large windows.
I could never do an inside or portal stateroom on a cruise.

BUT.. we’ll do this SW thing once. My hope is that it stays under $3k all inclusive for 2 nights. I think that’s the max I’d be willing to spend.

3k seems a little light given the experience and breadth of possible immersion. We would go up to 10k for the nights if the experience was truly world class.

disneyflush

I'm wondering how 'egress' issues will be handled if the windows in each room are either computer monitors or windows to some combination of models and CGI. In the event of a fire (or any real emergency) there have to be exits anyone in the building.

Would your door count as an egress or would you be required to go out the window as in most other hotels?

seascape

I can see paying 600 a day for three nights for my wife and I. Total cost 1800.00. If all meals are included I would pay more, maybe 2700.00 total for the 2 of us. Now if they require tickets for access to SW:GE for 3 days that would add more to the cost for those who are not passholders. As a DVC owner and Platinum Plus passholder I can't jusitfy paying what some people are talking about.

Nubs70

This is the only part that I don’t like. I understand the reasoning, but still am a bit concerned. I try to always stay in a hotel with a balcony, sometimes it’s not possible though..but typically those are in a city and have very large windows.
I could never do an inside or portal stateroom on a cruise.

BUT.. we’ll do this SW thing once. My hope is that it stays under $3k all inclusive for 2 nights. I think that’s the max I’d be willing to spend.
But what if your balcony view was an immersive 4K mapped version of space. Like a view from the balcony on a Star Destroyer?

21stamps

For that amount of money I'd rather stay in the bungalows. But i guess we all have our own tastes.;)
3k seems a little light given the experience and breadth of possible immersion. We would go up to 10k for the nights if the experience was truly world class.

I’m out on 10k for 2 nights. I don’t think they’d put it that high, but who knows.

I think 3 days without fresh air and sunlight would be a deal breaker for me.*

*not that I could afford to go anyway :grumpy:

Me too. I’m thinking that it’s connected with the park though, that you’re not inside the entire time. That’s what I’m hoping anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom