News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They've got this new discovery called air conditioning thats suppose remediate humidity in enclosed spaces. I also hear there are actual spaces in some hotels that atriums that might be as high as several stories without intervening structures.

Rumor has it that Disney has installed this 'air conditioning' in their buildings and it actually worked, But of late its been turned down or off as accountants found that people would visit Disney without it being active, with the sole exception of restaurants where its set to extra cold to encourage fast table turns...

TROR

The idea of Disney providing clothes that guests will wear inside the resort for the ultimate themed experience sure sounds very much like Westworld (1973). Maybe they'll have robots dressed as Stormtroopers that'll walk around and you have to shoot them...

nickys

Premium Member
Incorrect. Some people have had personal introductions and presentations on the concept.

Incorrect. However they did not reveal all details at the time because it was still being hashed out. And it would be foolish to think things would not evolve and change either from the earlier pitch/concept.

Samething everyone does.

At the time the pitch did not include exclusive access to the park - only exclusive perks.

Well fair enough. If you, or someone, has had more info then great. But I don't think many people discussing this here and now have, we're just speculating. For fun!

Personally, I hope it would include significant exclusive access to the park. I don't want my experience via "NextGen" (what is that anyway?) to be just at the end. That's just a "Bye, off you go now", not a "Wow, this is all part of the story". And anyway, it might somewhat ruin it if you're back in ordinary clothes, and having to carry stuff like passports, air tickets and so-on, which you can't just leave with bell services.

Movielover

have a bad feeling about this.

Careful, if you say that in the Star Wars Resort this might happen...

word-of-the-day.gif

;)

Kamikaze

Well fair enough. If you, or someone, has had more info then great. But I don't think many people discussing this here and now have, we're just speculating. For fun!

Personally, I hope it would include significant exclusive access to the park. I don't want my experience via "NextGen" (what is that anyway?) to be just at the end. That's just a "Bye, off you go now", not a "Wow, this is all part of the story". And anyway, it might somewhat ruin it if you're back in ordinary clothes, and having to carry stuff like passports, air tickets and so-on, which you can't just leave with bell services.

Da fuq? Sure you can. I would say thousands of people do it every day at WDW.

jakeman

And anyway, it might somewhat ruin it if you're back in ordinary clothes, and having to carry stuff like passports, air tickets and so-on, which you can't just leave with bell services.
The cruise analogy for this experience seems rather apt and you have to have all of that stuff for cruises rather routinely.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
There is no doubt that this resort will be top notch but just seems a bit over the top to me. I know there are many die hards that will indeed pay whatever the price is, but a hotel to me has always been a place to rest my head and shower. Can't imagine paying $1000 a night so that I can feel like I am in the Star Wars movies. That's just silly, you will already pay the $105 bucks to feel that way at SW:GE.

seascape

I want this hotel to be successful. If the cost is $1,000.00 a night all inclusive, including food, beer and wine and themepark tickets per person, it may work. That would be $4,000.00 for 2 nights and 3 days of themepark tickets. If they gave a $600.00 discount for those who have annual pass the cost would be $3,400.00. If the meals were 3 lunches, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts and all non alcoholic beverages and beer and wine the cost could be reasonable based on Disney prices. I am still not sure I want to pay that much but would consider it for a once in a lifetime experience. I just can't justify $4,000.00 on top of my Platinum Plus annual pass and dues on all my DVC points, especially with my wife wanting points in the new CBR DVC after already buying more points in Copper Creek. Disney can only have so much of my money. There has to be a limit.

disneyflush

I want this hotel to be successful. If the cost is $1,000.00 a night all inclusive, including food, beer and wine and themepark tickets per person, it may work. That would be $4,000.00 for 2 nights and 3 days of themepark tickets. If they gave a $600.00 discount for those who have annual pass the cost would be $3,400.00. If the meals were 3 lunches, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts and all non alcoholic beverages and beer and wine the cost could be reasonable based on Disney prices. I am still not sure I want to pay that much but would consider it for a once in a lifetime experience. I just can't justify $4,000.00 on top of my Platinum Plus annual pass and dues on all my DVC points, especially with my wife wanting points in the new CBR DVC after already buying more points in Copper Creek. Disney can only have so much of my money. There has to be a limit.

I admire your determination in putting your foot down on giving Disney too much of your money. The first step toward change is awareness.

durangojim

There is no doubt that this resort will be top notch but just seems a bit over the top to me. I know there are many die hards that will indeed pay whatever the price is, but a hotel to me has always been a place to rest my head and shower. Can't imagine paying $1000 a night so that I can feel like I am in the Star Wars movies. That's just silly, you will already pay the $105 bucks to feel that way at SW:GE.
I can understand that point of view, but there's many (myself included) who view a resort as someplace where not only do you sleep and shower, but relax, swim, enjoy the services provided and are willing to spend a large amount to do so. That's why there are different classes of resorts. My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons at WDW and paid a little over $500 a night to do so. It was expensive but it was worth it. Having an adult pool where the staff greeted us by name each day and remembered what kind of drinks we liked and what pool chairs we preferred was worth the money. Paying $1000 for the Star Wars experience will be something that many people like me would be willing to do at least once.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
All those touch screens are actually fancy ATMs.
The whole thing is a fancy ATM -- for Disney...
Can't imagine paying $1000 a night so that I can feel like I am in the Star Wars movies. That's just silly, you will already pay the $105 bucks to feel that way at SW:GE.
Do you want to experience it like a citizen of the Empire (exclusive resort guest) or a refugee in the processing line (daily admission ticket)?

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Well there's no point in a "seemless connection to SW:GE" if you never get to go. So you'll be getting fresh air and sunlight then.

Seamless meaning immersion in the fantasy. You don't leave the ship and go on an unthemed bus ride to the park and go back into SW:GE. It doesn't necessarily mean it is actually part of SW:GE.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How?

It’s not a cruise, it’s a fantasy resort.

Because with a resort, you come and go as you please and you're just you, a guest at a hotel. On a cruise ship, when you're out at sea, you can't come and go as you please. You're stuck there on the ship and all your food and entertainment (as well as lodging) comes only from the ship.

The SW Resort isn't just lodging. It's an experience which happens to provide a place to sleep during the two and a half-day experience. You don't leave the resort except to extend the experience in SWL. You don't eat anywhere or get your entertainment anywhere except from the resort and SWL.

And you're not you. You're a citizen of a galaxy far away and long ago. You play a role. And you don't interact with any other WDW guests except the other 299 (a guess) people in the SW Resort who are also citizens of a galaxy far away.

A better description would be a murder-mystery dinner. One that's two and a half days long in a remote bed & breakfast.

jaxonp

I dnot see this including tickets in standard base price. Too many annual passholders and people that will be at WDW longer than a week requiring longer stay tickets. Lots of variables.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom