News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

BlindChow

The connection to land will most likely exit guests via a ship since supposedly they are out in space and want to maintain the illusion of that
Or maybe something like this:

1456254727171.gif

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
A hotel in Florida with no windows? Will the pool be indoor as well? Sounds smelly and claustrophobic.

They've got this new discovery called air conditioning thats suppose remediate humidity in enclosed spaces. I also hear there are actual spaces in some hotels that atriums that might be as high as several stories without intervening structures.

21stamps

Magic Portholes

This is the only part that I don’t like. I understand the reasoning, but still am a bit concerned. I try to always stay in a hotel with a balcony, sometimes it’s not possible though..but typically those are in a city and have very large windows.
I could never do an inside or portal stateroom on a cruise.

BUT.. we’ll do this SW thing once. My hope is that it stays under $3k all inclusive for 2 nights. I think that’s the max I’d be willing to spend.

nickys

Premium Member
And probably the same set-up for the entrance to the new Space Restaurant.

When I saw the concept art for this it reminded me of that for the restaurant. I mean instead of looking at the "windows" the people are gathered round a console, but apart from that it's the same interior.

So if you can't afford the hotel you can " make do" with the restaurant experience ;)

nickys

Premium Member
A hotel in Florida with no windows?.

My thought was to have a button to press that switches from your normal windows to bringing down blinds with the "space view". And a choice of views, so maybe the galaxy, a Millenium Falcon or what have you.

And then one for the lighting to change from "normal" to "immersive" feel.

I could seriously get into this whole design thing..... :cool:

Kamikaze

The only reason I brought it up was because of the fact that there still seems to be some debate on where the hotel would be built. I agree that building the hotel directly next to Hollywood Studios would be (by far) the easiest option (with regards to connecting the hotel to the park), but there seemed to be some insiders who were suggesting that it might not be built directly adjacent to the park.

The new statement still does not say the starship will be directly next to the park. Just that it will be seamlessly connected. Something like the Hogwarts Express is a seamless connection - meaning no breaks in the immersion.

21stamps

The new statement still does not say the starship will be directly next to the park. Just that it will be seamlessly connected. Something like the Hogwarts Express is a seamless connection - meaning no breaks in the immersion.
I think you’re overthinking it ;)

Timothy_Q

My thought was to have a button to press that switches from your normal windows to bringing down blinds with the "space view". And a choice of views, so maybe the galaxy, a Millenium Falcon or what have you.

And then one for the lighting to change from "normal" to "immersive" feel.

I could seriously get into this whole design thing..... :cool:
That would go completely against the whole immersive story they're going for.

If people want real windows, they have every other hotel in Orlando to choose from

SteveAZee

I'm wondering how 'egress' issues will be handled if the windows in each room are either computer monitors or windows to some combination of models and CGI. In the event of a fire (or any real emergency) there have to be exits anyone in the building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom