News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Disstevefan1

GimpYancIent

I don't quite get the whole bus thing because, the way I understood it, there is a dedicated parking area adjacent to the Star Cruiser terminal specifically for the Star Cruiser guests who will have their vehicles valet parked when they arrive at the terminal for their voyage. So, is valet parking now a no go and external parking then bus transport the terminal what will happen? I would imagine if testing were being done all the processes involved in doing the experience from arrival to departure would be tested, to include vehicle parking.

Patcheslee

I don't quite get the whole bus thing because, the way I understood it, there is a dedicated parking area adjacent to the Star Cruiser terminal specifically for the Star Cruiser guests who will have their vehicles valet parked when they arrive at the terminal for their voyage. So, is valet parking now a no go and external parking then bus transport the terminal what will happen? I would imagine if testing were being done all the processes involved in doing the experience from arrival to departure would be tested, to include vehicle parking.
Is there a chance they won't allow Uber? So people arriving via resort transfers will need to do to DS and luggage will be transferred separately.

fryoj

I'd assume valet would park cars just past the bridge.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A slight update. I never get tired of that reaction thumbnail 😂

It's not an update. It's information already shared here:
A 'test voyage' was cancelled because of COVID.​
Three help-wanted positions are indeed open, but that is not the same as "hiring new cast." It's the type of help-wanteds we see on a regular basis for any of WDW shows.​
It's click-bait with whole lot of padding of screen time for the YouTube algorithm.

WDW Pro

It's not an update. It's information already shared here:
A 'test voyage' was cancelled because of COVID.​
Three help-wanted positions are indeed open, but that is not the same as "hiring new cast." It's the type of help-wanteds we see on a regular basis for any of WDW shows.​
It's click-bait with whole lot of padding of screen time for the YouTube algorithm.

Trying to hire actors with two weeks to go before opening is a funny way of doing "regular basis help-wanteds".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Trying to hire actors with two weeks to go before opening is a funny way of doing "regular basis help-wanteds".

Actual opening for those who are paying the big bucks is 5 weeks away.

Also, they wouldn't expect CMs to be working seven days a week. There would be several shifts and understudies. Help wanteds for just three of the roles is not unusual to make sure they're fully staffed, especially with COVID knocking people out.

Much of Broadway is effectively dark for the past few weeks and shows are being closed permanently, and the ones that are open have their seats only half filled. Just today, it was announced that Assassins is closing.

Do you think that these Broadway shows are in the dark and closing because their performers are jumping ship? Or the theaters are half-filled because people don't like these shows?

Vegas Disney Fan

Not just for testing. They need an on property shuttle but the volume of people is low. Most will just go directly there
I can’t imagine paying the premium price for the starcruiser and then spending time anywhere but the hotel or HS.

I get the need to have bus stops everywhere, I just can’t imagine they’ll get used much. Sounds like it could be a good use for the old Minnie Vans, throw some Star Wars wraps on a couple and make them shuttles.

kingdead

I know we've been talking wages here for ages but I'm assuming the $18.24 an hour is the floor, right? That just seems like not much for full on performance for 2 days--you can make that much at In n Out and not have to cake makeup on or be super nice.

Fido Chuckwagon

All I can think of are people that are staying on-site, headed to the Starcruiser, then headed back to their hotel without a car and don't want to pay for an Uber/Lyft.
People willing to pay $6,000 for two nights who dont’ want to spend the extra $50 for some kind of private car service to avoid having to transfer at Disney Springs seems really really unlikely .

mergatroid

Could it be there are several none speaking acting roles they are looking to back up? Obviously you'd have to rehearse for these too, but not to the same extent as the speaking roles.

pdude81

I can’t imagine paying the premium price for the starcruiser and then spending time anywhere but the hotel or HS.

I get the need to have bus stops everywhere, I just can’t imagine they’ll get used much. Sounds like it could be a good use for the old Minnie Vans, throw some Star Wars wraps on a couple and make them shuttles.
I would imagine they don't want to get bogged down in the logistics of resort switching for this since they don't really do it for anywhere else. If you were staying at Polynesian and wanted to switch to Jambo you'd have to go through DS or a park also. Minnie Vans would be a good option if they're in play, but they would just make you pay for those IMO.

Agreed. It doesn't exactly scream luxury. Or space. Or Star Wars.
It does whisper STAR WARS though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom