News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

UNCgolf

I'm really perplexed here. What is the audience expected to use this bus route?

All I can think of are people that are staying on-site, headed to the Starcruiser, then headed back to their hotel without a car and don't want to pay for an Uber/Lyft.

Only other use I can see is people coming via Brightline to Disney Springs and then transferring to the Starcruiser from there.

Neither of those seems like anywhere enough people to run a dedicated bus service -- especially since those use cases would only exist for a few hours every other day.

KBLovedDisney

I'm really perplexed here. What is the audience expected to use this bus route?
Donald Duck Money GIF

mmascari

Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser joins the Bus Directory at Disney Springs​

Is this for arrival day of people switching from another resort? Something like: Check out, go to Disney Springs for a few hours, go to the Starcruiser to start your voyage. Perhaps they make all resort guests transfer via Disney Springs.

Otherwise, who is taking time out of their Starcruiser experience to go to Disney Springs?

If you're going to Disney Springs on check out day, you don't need a bus back, you've checked out.

So it's a resort now? Fully 25% of the posts on this thread are telling us that it's a cruise, not a hotel.
The should have labeled it something like "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Terminal", "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Departure Terminal", "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Launch Site", "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Embarkation". The really missed a beat with the Resort wording. Even just "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser" would have been better.

JMcMahonEsq

All I can think of are people that are staying on-site, headed to the Starcruiser, then headed back to their hotel without a car and don't want to pay for an Uber/Lyft.

Only other use I can see is people coming via Brightline to Disney Springs and then transferring to the Starcruiser from there.

Neither of those seems like anywhere enough people to run a dedicated bus service -- especially since those use cases would only exist for a few hours every other day.
I know for us we are tacking on the stay at StarCrusier at the end of larger trip. I don't see a ton of people wanting to fly down to Orlando to just stay for 2 days.

But also, not wanting to break the fourth wall aside, Disney can't keep its guests trapped on site. I am sure that there are going to be people that may break with the experience. I can completely see my wife contemplating heading over to Disney Springs while me and the kids are on Batuu. We have been to HS enough times that she won't feel the need to stay at HS the full day. Disney is going to want to have an option for those people to be able to get back to the hotel.

Also, I didn't see in the article if it mentions that its going to be a full time dedicated bus service. It might be that it only runs the day of embarking and de-embarking the cruise.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Maybe.. but that at least is just a fixed time around certain hours. And at the price point we are talking here... who wants to start their trip off with hanging out in the DS parking lot?? That is just so far off brand... figure out how to do car service or dedicated shuttles. This feels so wrong.

Yeah but how far into the future is that? :)

Yeah.. I'm dumbfound by this. "no gift shop, but we give you a free ride to Disney Springs!" :)

pdude81

Is this for arrival day of people switching from another resort? Something like: Check out, go to Disney Springs for a few hours, go to the Starcruiser to start your voyage. Perhaps they make all resort guests transfer via Disney Springs.

Otherwise, who is taking time out of their Starcruiser experience to go to Disney Springs?

If you're going to Disney Springs on check out day, you don't need a bus back, you've checked out.

The should have labeled it something like "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Terminal", "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Departure Terminal", "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Launch Site", "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Embarkation". The really missed a beat with the Resort wording. Even just "Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser" would have been better.
Yes, for arrival and departure of resort if you don't drive or rideshare. It's a hub for the transportation since there will never be a significant number of people traveling from any given park or hotel at a time. You may be checking out of hotel at 10am but need something to do for a few hours, so you hit DS for brunch/lunch and then head off to the Starcruiser.

Similarly after it's over you might not have a flight til 8, but you have to be out in the morning, so you leave your bags here and head to DS for the day. I'll likely take a Lyft there from our prior hotel and do DS afterward until time for my airport pickup. I will need a bus back to get my bags that are stored and wait for the car service to pick me up. I also expect some will have Mears buses transporting them back from the terminal also.

EeyoreFan#24

So it's a resort now? Fully 25% of the posts on this thread are telling us that it's a cruise, not a hotel.

Oddly enough, it’s licensed as a hotel within the State of Florida. It’s either only that or the First Order’s cruise licensing dept. website stinks and isn’t captured in google. So who knows?

danv3

Definitely. But this could be one of those "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" situations.

durangojim

Paying $6K for the “experience” and then saying, “no way am I paying $15 for an Uber. C’mon Maude grab the bags, we can take a bus from Pop over to Disney Springs and then to the Starcruiser” 😄

durangojim

Yes, for arrival and departure of resort if you don't drive or rideshare. It's a hub for the transportation since there will never be a significant number of people traveling from any given park or hotel at a time. You may be checking out of hotel at 10am but need something to do for a few hours, so you hit DS for brunch/lunch and then head off to the Starcruiser.

Similarly after it's over you might not have a flight til 8, but you have to be out in the morning, so you leave your bags here and head to DS for the day. I'll likely take a Lyft there from our prior hotel and do DS afterward until time for my airport pickup. I will need a bus back to get my bags that are stored and wait for the car service to pick me up. I also expect some will have Mears buses transporting them back from the terminal also.
How are they going to handle security at Disney springs if they have to go through people’s luggage? This seems very odd to me. Not to mention are people really going to want to walk around carrying their luggage? Maybe Disney will create some kind of stairs ge facility. It’d be cool if there was a way for people to check their bags for their flights from their hotels. Hmmm

Chip Chipperson

Could this also be just for the testing? Maybe they are having people park at DS and then take the bus to participate in testing.

Certainly possible. Could also be that there will be some "excursions" available to Earth from the Starcruiser with less frequent transportation than the other resorts get.

mergatroid

Could this also be just for the testing? Maybe they are having people park at DS and then take the bus to participate in testing.
It could be? Let's be honest, whatever they do re this they'll get slaughtered for it. If they had holographic signs with actors doing acrobatics in costume next to it then they'd be criticised for favouring guests there over guests at other Disney properties. Nothing there and it's proof it's a failure they're trying to hide. Some will hate whatever they do :D

dvitali

I think that they put it next to slot 19 is because there is no slot listed for All Star Sport which still close for renovations. They need to expand the board to fit all of the resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom