News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Morkey Moose

For anyone going, the Datapad is up along with the schedule. No big surprises, or anything particularly exciting. Guess I'll find out in 5 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_0991.PNG
    IMG_0991.PNG
    108.5 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0992.PNG
    IMG_0992.PNG
    111.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0993.PNG
    IMG_0993.PNG
    108.6 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0994.PNG
    IMG_0994.PNG
    112.4 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0995.PNG
    IMG_0995.PNG
    111.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0996.PNG
    IMG_0996.PNG
    118.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0997.PNG
    IMG_0997.PNG
    86.8 KB · Views: 315

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
For anyone going, the Datapad is up along with the schedule. No big surprises, or anything particularly exciting. Guess I'll find out in 5 weeks.

It looks like the yellow are the "must-do" items. Pretty neat, they have my Oga's reservation linked to this already.

Will be interested to see if they schedule the items in blue (apparently "to-be scheduled") before you arrive or if you do it when you check in.

pdude81

I'm in a few groups about this, and at least a decent chunk of people are excited to dress up and create elaborate costumes for this. It's an accidental stroke of genius that they will have people paying thousands of dollars for this experience, and then add to the streetmosphere in SWGE during the excursions every two days.

pdude81

It looks like the yellow are the "must-do" items. Pretty neat, they have my Oga's reservation linked to this already.

Will be interested to see if they schedule the items in blue (apparently "to-be scheduled") before you arrive or if you do it when you check in.
I believe the itineraries are supposed to be set at the 30 day mark. At booking time you set the meals. 60 days you can go for Oga, Savi, Droid Depot and that would get locked in.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I believe the itineraries are supposed to be set at the 30 day mark. At booking time you set the meals. 60 days you can go for Oga, Savi, Droid Depot and that would get locked in.
Right - I'm just pleasantly surprised that the Oga's rezzie I made on the phone earlier this month made it to the preliminary datapad itinerary. Nothing in the past 5 years of Disney IT history would lead me to believe that was even theoretically possible!

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I'm in a few groups about this, and at least a decent chunk of people are excited to dress up and create elaborate costumes for this. It's an accidental stroke of genius that they will have people paying thousands of dollars for this experience, and then add to the streetmosphere in SWGE during the excursions every two days.
So I think there may be issues with this, because the initial rollout sounded like you could be in full regalia during your shore excursion, but the FAQ's tell a different story: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/costume-guidelines/

Specifically:

In Disney’s Hollywood Studios

During your planet excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, all Guests must comply with the theme park attire policy, including but not limited to:

• Costumes, like full-length robes, may not reach or drag on the ground.
  • Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.

Honestly, I hope they let folks who want to cosplay go for it. In part because you're 100% correct - it would add up to a couple of hundred in-world looking folks to the streetmosphere. We shall see.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"In addition to the news that testing has begun, we have a first look at the Chandrila Star Lines Cast Member nametags! Unfortunately, it looks like the Cast Member costume for the Batuu-based Cast Member is actually the costume for the Star Wars Launch Bay. Perhaps another Trade Federation blockade is delaying a proper costume."

pdude81

So I think there may be issues with this, because the initial rollout sounded like you could be in full regalia during your shore excursion, but the FAQ's tell a different story: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/star-wars-galactic-starcruiser/costume-guidelines/

Specifically:

In Disney’s Hollywood Studios

During your planet excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, all Guests must comply with the theme park attire policy, including but not limited to:

• Costumes, like full-length robes, may not reach or drag on the ground.
  • Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.

Honestly, I hope they let folks who want to cosplay go for it. In part because you're 100% correct - it would add up to a couple of hundred in-world looking folks to the streetmosphere. We shall see.
Ok, it's about time they updated this. I hunted around a week or two ago and don't remember seeing that piece at the bottom about DHS. Just information about being allowed to wear costumes and actually dress as a character, which is a particular no-no in parks normally.

It's also kind of silly that they allow floor length robes but only waist length capes. Must have concerns about people getting stuck on Rise. They don't even allow ponchos on that ride.

Morkey Moose

Ok, it's about time they updated this. I hunted around a week or two ago and don't remember seeing that piece at the bottom about DHS. Just information about being allowed to wear costumes and actually dress as a character, which is a particular no-no in parks normally.

It's also kind of silly that they allow floor length robes but only waist length capes. Must have concerns about people getting stuck on Rise. They don't even allow ponchos on that ride.
I'm thinking the "Regalia" on night one was intentionally planned to keep the more intricate costumes out of GE.

pdude81

I'm thinking the "Regalia" on night one was intentionally planned to keep the more intricate costumes out of GE.
It's hard to understand the events and dinners as they tell you to wear street clothes or dress up if you want, then on the highlights page it tells you to dress your best for the end of the cruise gala. So now I see people in these groups putting together cocktail and formal attire, but the cast members explicitly say this isn't hinted or required. It'll be quite interesting to see how this all fits together.

Morkey Moose

It's hard to understand the events and dinners as they tell you to wear street clothes or dress up if you want, then on the highlights page it tells you to dress your best for the end of the cruise gala. So now I see people in these groups putting together cocktail and formal attire, but the cast members explicitly say this isn't hinted or required. It'll be quite interesting to see how this all fits together.
Which was my initial intention, as well. Make more sense for a wardrobe change after spending a few hours baking in the Flor--Batuuvian sun.

nickys

Premium Member
It tells me the people who are willing to pay $$$ for this kind of experience aren't the kind of customer who books a year in advance. It tells me people who book that far in advance may be booking on spec and may be more likely to change or cancel
Many people who would like to book this are waiting impatiently to book. They won’t give us that option. We always plan a trip over a year ahead coming from the UK and want to book our DVC stay around this. Since we book at 11 months and flights probably 8 months ahead it makes it really hard to plan for. It’s on DH’s bucket list but they’re making it very unlikely we’ll manage it. By the time booking opens our dates will be fixed and it may not be possible to change. So we’d have to juggle plans and hope we can get the date we want.

castlecake2.0

These appear to be the “test and adjust” costume, borrowed from launch bay. Ratatouille cast wore black pants with red shirts before switching to their server looking costumes for opening.

Cesar R M

The first presales were for Golden Oak and Club 33. There could certainly be some comped or media entries on the earliest arrival dates, but these groups pay a much higher annual ransom per membership than your typical DVC contract. They would expect to have dibs on the earliest dates and I don't see why they wouldn't give honest feedback on the cruise they paid for.
Actually, I saw on reddit a supposed memo where they are aiming on Disney paid 'tubers mostly and "encouraging" them to do "rave reviews" in the invitation emails.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom