News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TP2000

He's getting a communiqué from a character to do a task on Batuu. Such tasks open up missions and storylines on the starcruiser and have an effect on the story.

I'd call that immersion.

He's got his head down, staring at his phone. I'd call that boredom, but then I don't like to look at my phone when I'm at Disneyland. If that's how 10 year old kids experience Disneyland now, slumped over staring at their phone, why even bother? Just put him in the family room with a bowl of Cheetos in front of a 70 inch TV and save a few thousand bucks.

And I'm utterly disgusted by you that you didn't call out the dad for wearing socks with sandals!!!

I thought about it, but the parent has dressed his son in the same type of socks, so I thought that would be in poor taste. We all go through a dorky clothes phase as a kid. 🤪

WDWJoeG

It's to participate in an interactive story.

You just posted in another thread that you get made fun of for wanted theming. This is theming, just like the interactive games in MK and EPCOT. And you're making fun of it.
Yes, I am, openly and happily.

You're right, I should have clarified in my other post "unless of course the theming is embarrassing and sad".

If you believe scanning crates is groundbreaking and on point Star Wars theming, well....

waltography

Does anyone have any good videos of the holo sabacc table? I saw this video from a Tokyo Disney influencer about a 7-11 in Japan that has hologram checkouts and it looks very much like the tech behind the table in the Sublight Lounge; translates surprisingly well on video given the limitations.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The latest from the Fandom Menace...

A 'reporter' at SFGATE posts an article about how "Disney can't fill the bookings for the starcruiser!"

Obviously, this is someone who hasn't been following what's been happening, didn't do the research, and didn't reach out to Disney. They saw all the new months unbooked (which are really not-fully-booked) and thought this was a fail... not realizing that Disney had just opened up the new months because of demand.

And every single hater is retweeting that article in the Schadenfreude dance of doom proclaiming its death.

The SFGATE has the trappings of journalism... but it ain't. This is why we shouldn't be amplifying these pseudo-journalism sites by linking to them.

I'm all for Disney running out of whales to pay for this so they can lower the price. But not at the cost of embracing fake news.

TP2000

The latest from the Fandom Menace...

A 'reporter' at SFGATE posts an article about how "Disney can't fill the bookings for the starcruiser!"

Obviously, this is someone who hasn't been following what's been happening, didn't do the research, and didn't reach out to Disney. They saw all the new months unbooked (which are really not-fully-booked) and thought this was a fail... not realizing that Disney had just opened up the new months because of demand.

To be fair, that's the state of current journalism today. There is absolutely no investigative skills, and very little critical thinking skills, left in whatever passes for a "newsroom" in America in the 2020's.

All those words are being pumped out unthinkingly by 27 year old kids with a worthless Communications degree. One look at all the typos and grammar mistakes in the pablum pushed out by these kids should be the biggest warning flag, since Editors no longer exist. But if the reader is at all informed on the topic being reported on they can often find a laundry list of inaccuracies, poorly researched falsehoods, or fabrications.

Even the flagship network TV newscasts have devolved into this, focusing on "feels" now instead of hard facts. Walter Cronkite is spinning like a top, that poor man.

It's simply how low the standards have become for the younger generations of Americans, many of whom are working for these media outlets for dirt cheap after their entire business model collapsed almost 10 years ago.

GimpYancIent

To be fair, that's the state of current journalism today. There is absolutely no investigative skills, and very little critical thinking skills, left in whatever passes for a "newsroom" in America in the 2020's.

All those words are being pumped out unthinkingly by 27 year old kids with a worthless Communications degree. One look at all the typos and grammar mistakes in the pablum pushed out by these kids should be the biggest warning flag, since Editors no longer exist. But if the reader is at all informed on the topic being reported on they can often find a laundry list of inaccuracies, poorly researched falsehoods, or fabrications.

Even the flagship network TV newscasts have devolved into this, focusing on "feels" now instead of hard facts. Walter Cronkite is spinning like a top, that poor man.

It's simply how low the standards have become for the younger generations of Americans, many of whom are working for these media outlets for dirt cheap after their entire business model collapsed almost 10 years ago.
Yes, the days of Chet Huntley and David Brinkley in addition to Walter Cronkite are now historical record. Too bad current broadcasters don't look back and learn from them. Bernard Shaw was the last true journalist that was at CNN.

FettFan

I love the kid in the basketball shorts sitting in the empty box truck, staring at his phone. He's immersed! 🤣

FNVSRLBUYAEMJq1

Oh Jesus, it looks like the Satellite of Love!

mst3k.png

sedati

Seriously they already had a tried-and-true interior designed 35 years ago.

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-18%20at%2012.27.17%20AM.png
B-but the StarSpeeder looks clean and new- not Star Warsy which by law must look lived-in and dirty 100% all the time (which is odd because that would imply nothing new has ever been built in the galaxy- that everything is somehow worn and rusted as it leaves the assembly line)

Last edited:

TikibirdLand

B-but the StarSpeeder looks clean and new- not Star Warsy which by law must look lived-in and dirty 100% all the time (which is odd because that would imply nothing new has ever been built in the galaxy- that everything is somehow worn and rusted as it leaves the assembly line)
Just remember, EVERYONE that owns a car, drives a used one. And, it likely has a frenchfry stuck between the seats.

Cesar R M

He's getting a communiqué from a character to do a task on Batuu. Such tasks open up missions and storylines on the starcruiser and have an effect on the story.

I'd call that immersion.

Also, those are board shorts and he's wearing a Chandrila shirt. Typical cruise tourist, which is his role.

And I'm utterly disgusted by you that you didn't call out the dad for wearing socks with sandals!!!
At least they are not crocs!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The first four months are down to only two cruises that are not fully booked.

From July to September the number of fully-booked cruises has risen from 5 last week to 13 now.

Who knows how many more would be booked if the Halcyon call center wasn't a 2 hour wait.

1647815757829.png

1647815809515.png

1647815849338.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom