News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TikibirdLand

Our good friend, Graph Theory, comes to play.
I was afraid that topic was gonna come up again. My prof promised it would. 🤣
That paper used a term that I think best describes this experience; hadn't thought of it before: Live Interactive Narrative (LIN). Kinda of a guided LARP. Thanks for sharing that tweet, @DCBaker ! Wouldn't have seen it since I'm not a twitter user.

Cmdr_Crimson

So, with this so called "Climate Simulator" room is just a way to get some fresh air while being cooped up "in Space" what do the CM's say if the guests see a Kissimmee helicopter tour fly on by or see a plane way high up in the air...I'd like to see what they come up for that scenario..
Image from allears
climate-simulator-outdoor-space-on-halycon-2022-wdw-star-wars-hotel-galactic-starcruiser-media-preview-3.jpg

UNCgolf

So, with this so called "Climate Simulator" room is just a way to get some fresh air while being cooped up "in Space" what do the CM's say if the guests see a Kissimmee helicopter tour fly on by or see a plane way high up in the air...I'd like to see what they come up for that scenario..
Image from allears
climate-simulator-outdoor-space-on-halycon-2022-wdw-star-wars-hotel-galactic-starcruiser-media-preview-3.jpg

They could just say it's part of the simulation.

Disstevefan1

Image from allears
The helicopters are all part of the simulation. The terminal the guests left earth from is in Kissimmee 😀

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I love the kid in the basketball shorts sitting in the empty box truck, staring at his phone. He's immersed! 🤣

FNVSRLBUYAEMJq1
He's getting a communiqué from a character to do a task on Batuu. Such tasks open up missions and storylines on the starcruiser and have an effect on the story.

I'd call that immersion.

Also, those are board shorts and he's wearing a Chandrila shirt. Typical cruise tourist, which is his role.

And I'm utterly disgusted by you that you didn't call out the dad for wearing socks with sandals!!!

corran horn

He's getting a communiqué from a character to do a task on Batuu. Such tasks open up missions and storylines on the starcruiser and have an effect on the story.

I'd call that immersion.

Also, those are board shorts and he's wearing a Chandrila shirt. Typical cruise tourist, which is his role.

And I'm utterly disgusted by you that you didn't call out the dad for wearing socks with sandals!!!
Like, this is my daughter a couple years ago. Believe me, she's immersed. She's not on snapchat. She's scanning crates.

1647212192786.png

WDWJoeG

Like, this is my daughter a couple years ago. Believe me, she's immersed. She's not on snapchat. She's scanning crates.

View attachment 626966
Scanning crates?! OMG, when I was a kid watching Star Wars in a theater, I dreamed that some day Star Wars would come alive in a theme park and I too would be able to scan crates! It's a Star Wars dream come true!

If only someday we can eat inside a cargo container!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Scanning crates?! OMG, when I was kid watching Star Wars in a theater, I dreamed that some day Star Wars would come alive in a theme park and I too would be able to scan crates! It's a Star Wars dream come true!

If only someday we can eat inside a cargo container!
It's to participate in an interactive story.

You just posted in another thread that you get made fun of for wanted theming. This is theming, just like the interactive games in MK and EPCOT. And you're making fun of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom