News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Patcheslee

Okay, medicine makes sense.

I was just thinking with it being a two night stay with food and non-alcoholic drinks included, I didn't see much point but yeah, for medicine, I can see that mattering.
Pepsi products....
Flying out today to splash around Cabana Bay a bit before check-in on Monday. May the Force be with me.

If you have any weirdly specific questions, feel free to hit me up, otherwise I'll be back with a report next weekend.
What were wait times like for boarding the transport to/from Batuu?

durangojim

This is all about where Star Wars people poop on the starcruiser. I felt like there wasn't enough arguing going on so a new topic was due. 😄

Also another blog has a review with a very detailed description of the not so stellar arrival process.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Wow, the post count has slowed considerably around here.
Now that paying guests are paying and liking what they get, its case closed for now.

Over time Disney will do what it does best; reduce offerings and raise prices.

Over time, the accountants will closely monitor to see if they are making "enough" money to continue cruising.

I am going to guess since they offer less and charge more for a cruise on the Star cruiser then they do an actual Disney Cruise, with far less of the issues seen on actual ships, this Star Cruiser is looking more and more like a cash cow..

GimpYancIent

Now that paying guests are paying and liking what they get, its case closed for now.

Over time Disney will do what it does best; reduce offerings and raise prices.

Over time, the accountants will closely monitor to see if they are making "enough" money to continue cruising.

I am going to guess since they offer less and charge more for a cruise on the Star cruiser then they do an actual Disney Cruise, with far less of the issues seen on actual ships, this Star Cruiser is looking more and more like a cash cow..
Yeah, logical, reasonable analysis. With the newness done, the excitement of being 1st done, with so much of the unknown now known it gets down to (brace yourself) routine. As it becomes mundane that cash cow will become galactic hamburger.

Disstevefan1

Yeah, logical, reasonable analysis. With the newness done, the excitement of being 1st done, with so much of the unknown now known it gets down to (brace yourself) routine. As it becomes mundane that cash cow will become galactic hamburger.
I hear you and this makes sense, but on the other hand, there are many, many folks who want to give it a try, even if its a "one and done" it will take years to get through all those folks..

GimpYancIent

I hear you and this makes sense, but on the other hand, there are many, many folks who want to give it a try, even if its a "one and done" it will take years to get through all those folks..
Actually if management would stop smoking whatever come off their highs and price this thing reasonably, yes, there would be a lot of people interested in giving it a try.

corran horn

Our calculation was to go as early as we could because it'd likely only degrade from the opening as time went on. Just about everything does.

Disstevefan1

Actually if management would stop smoking whatever come off their highs and price this thing reasonably, yes, there would be a lot of people interested in giving it a try.
Agreed, If they made the per night price a tad higher than a deluxe resort, this thing would be booked for years to come.
But I think the pricing is intentional:
1. They don’t want to just make money, they want to make a certain amount of money on this.
2. The high price does work to enforce the class system that exists in WDW; look at me, I am better than you kinda thing.

zombiebbq

Did you read the list of things he's asking for? Where can you get this $700/person per night?
  • a gorgeous ship
  • spacious rooms
  • 5 star cuisine
  • highly detailed costumed characters interacting with my group
  • a personalized story arch
  • high tech effects "out the wazoo"
  • free alcoholic beverages
  • something neat to bring home as a souvenir
And what he sees in the Starcruiser isn't it.
Just popping in to say I'm a woman. And this thing is still a rip off. bright suns or whatever they say! 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom