News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You know exactly what I’m talking about. Anything to declare victory for Disney

That can’t be done on day 2. But they look like they have something at this point. More to follow.
Anything to debunk false information.

I've never defended the cost of this. I haven't signed up for it myself.

But, you keep thinking that rebutting false and stupid information is the same as me being 100% behind this.

MickeyLuv'r

You know, in the old free FP+ system, if a ride broke down, the FP+ lane would back up, too. Happens on a regular basis.

The aren't enough Halcyon guests to make an appreciable difference in the queue of rides that, together, process over 2,000 guests per hour.
See my prior follow up post.

When Halcyon was announced, I sort of imagined Halcyon would = exclusive after-hours access to the land. Or at the very least, a hidden/private queue.

Line cutting -in this case = a fail.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
See my prior follow up post.

When Halcyon was announced, I sort of imagined Halcyon would = exclusive after-hours access to the land. Or at the very least, a hidden/private queue.

Line cutting -in this case = a fail.
So any form of FP, including the old paper ones = a fail? It's cutting the line, after all. And if not, why is this case different? How would it be different from the long time practice of VIP tours?

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
If something like that happens, Disney will need to CANCEL cruises since they can't simply move folks to a different room like they do at the resorts.

So interesting thought here. I'm not saying Disney will need to cancel "cruises", but do we know what Sold Out means for a Starcruiser? It can not truly mean every room at 100%. I mean what if something breaks (plumping, electrical, or something else) that would require you vacate your room mid "flight" as you said they cant just put you up somewhere else if every room on the "flight" is full. Or what happens if the party before you has a little too much fun and trashes the room are they going to cancel you the day of? Its not like when you show up at All Star and they overbook and say sorry about that how about we send you to POR for the inconvenience. It will be interesting to see how the handle these types of situations as the arise.

matt9112

The Starcruiser is now sold out into July. In fact, through September there are only 36 dates available. Yet there are still many who insist the Starcruiser is a failure, they are wrong. Disney will gross over $100 million in these 7 months from just 100 rooms, not counting all the stuff they sell. Think about that! over $1 million a room in revenue in just 7 months.

The real kicker will be seeing 0 of those dollars go into P&R 🤣🤣🤣🤣

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
So interesting thought here. I'm not saying Disney will need to cancel "cruises", but do we know what Sold Out means for a Starcruiser? It can not truly mean every room at 100%. I mean what if something breaks (plumping, electrical, or something else) that would require you vacate your room mid "flight" as you said they cant just put you up somewhere else if every room on the "flight" is full. Or what happens if the party before you has a little too much fun and trashes the room are they going to cancel you the day of? Its not like when you show up at All Star and they overbook and say sorry about that how about we send you to POR for the inconvenience. It will be interesting to see how the handle these types of situations as the arise.
We haven't heard. Buy yeah. If Oscar Isaak wanted to bring his family, are they going to tell him "sorry, we're booked that day?"

There could be one or a few rooms left off the reservation system for such a situation. Or for a room that becomes uninhabitable as you mentioned.

Or in the case of a VIP they could always send an email to those booked that day asking for someone to reschedule in return for a deep discount.

Doubt Disney would openly admit that there are a few available rooms on advertised sold-out cruises else every crackpot with the dough hounds them thinking they're the one worthy to get that berth.

Or every room is indeed booked out of a lack of foresight. ;)

corran horn

No doubt.

I admit, I have only read the last few pages.

That one post - the guy bragging about how he cut the line in full view of everyone else...just set off my spidey-senses.
Sure, that was more of a function that we've been discussing this for ages rather than a criticism of bringing it up at all.

Certainly there will be jags doing their little peacocking about this. eff them.

MickeyLuv'r

With VIP tours and extra early FP+s for people who pay the prestigious rates for ordinary Disney hotel rooms, that has always been the case with Disney long before the Halcyon.
ILL is an upcharge, while FP+ was included as part of every park ticket. After hours is after hours, it is completely different

Halcyon should include after-hours access. Initially, when I first heard about this, I just assumed that would be part of the package.

lewisc

People really think Disney is looking for repeat customers with this offering? I don't think that's the case
Many posters think both the Starcruiser and Battu aren't really star wars themed. JMO but they are both generic Star Wars themed. Even the MF could be positioned in the time of the first 3 movies or the most recent 3, which posters in this thread seem to despise.

In other words it wouldn't take much to produce a voyage which takes placed in the Mando timeline. Some guests would book a repeat voyage. Some guests who hate the current voyage might be motivated to book.

LSLS

Anything to debunk false information.

I've never defended the cost of this. I haven't signed up for it myself.

But, you keep thinking that rebutting false and stupid information is the same as me being 100% behind this.

So I'm curious, you have declared this a success. @Sirwalterraleigh is saying you can't call it that yet. I honestly think you guys are kind of on the same page here, but are defining "Success" differently. So, for both of you, just define what would make this a success.

donsullivan

Premium Member
ILL is an upcharge, while FP+ was included as part of every park ticket. After hours is after hours, it is completely different

Halcyon should include after-hours access. Initially, when I first heard about this, I just assumed that would be part of the package.
I know many people here hate to accept the practical and operational realities of running a Theme Park, but that just does not seem practical. Keeping that whole land open for a couple hundred people (lots of whom would not go after park close anyway) every other night would be prohibitively expensive (regardless of what you're paying for the experience). Keeping the land open means way more than just the CM's you see visible in the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So I'm curious, you have declared this a success. @Sirwalterraleigh is saying you can't call it that yet. I honestly think you guys are kind of on the same page here, but are defining "Success" differently. So, for both of you, just define what would make this a success.
I’m being as fair as I can get…but I can’t shut down my Brain entirely.

It has some good features and potential but at least as many unknowns.

This is probably an old thing. I called out Disney/kennedy/abrams for pooching Star Wars from the start. It’s been bad even by George standards given that the history told them what not to do…

…a couple just don’t want to even entertain it…let alone believe it. We’re entrenched…but it’s way more comfy on my hill 🏔

casplas

Yes, there are folk's that will not blink at dropping serious cash (whether it means indebtedness or not) for a brief time frame of fun. Then there are folks that look for enjoyment and fun without expending large sums. Hold on to your shorts, all of these folks are right! Ultimately, it's not about money it's about having some fun, enjoying life and did you do what you wanted to do?
with disney today, it is all about keeping your head stuck in a phone all day. we all just know that one day, bob the bean counter will charge us for using our phone to "experience the magic". the man has never seen a penny he could not take from us.

GimpYancIent

People really think Disney is looking for repeat customers with this offering? I don't think that's the case
There you go! Disney is not interested if a traveler enjoyed the experience or not or it the traveler may want to come back or not. Disney has the money. For instance, the cancelation policy is the way it is for Disney not to lose money and lock people into a contract. After the experience it's have a Magical Day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom