News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

_caleb

There are already a ton of videos in YouTube made by paying customers and not influencers, therefore they are more honest about it.
And we’re all watching to see how those reviews change as the post-trip glow fades and how story “spoiled” reviewers respond. But overall, people who are Parks fans (like us?) seem to be giving the Starcruiser high marks.

Why is everyone so negative all the time?

On thing I find interesting- I’ve yet to see anyone who does the Starcruiser experience later critique it based on typical resort hotel metrics.

Disstevefan1

And we’re all watching to see how those reviews change as the post-trip glow fades and how story “spoiled” reviewers respond. But overall, people who are Parks fans (like us?) seem to be giving the Starcruiser high marks.

On thing I find interesting- I’ve yet to see anyone who does the Starcruiser experience later critique it based on typical resort hotel metrics.
It looks fine, It looks like folks are having fun. It's just not for me at this price point. Would I go if it costs less? Maybe.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
68 F is a usually a comfortable temp. I have heard of groups of 5 adults booking a single cabin to save money. My question is, what that cabin feels like when they cram 5 adults in there. I am sure the AC can't keep that cabin at 68 F when there is 5 adults in that small cabin with no windows.
Usually comfortable. But there are people who's internal temperature runs hot and a colder room helps them sleep.

And unless Disney installed some of the weakest heat pumps ever (or that giant chiller plant next to the hotel isn't working), a hotel AC can beat the heat of five people, especially in a smaller room, since there isn't a large reservoir of thermal heat to overcome.

I'd check online to find the tricks to defeat the lockout, or, just call guest services and get them to do it.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Hmm, just got an add from the AP newsletter that more dates are available to book. No discount yet, but I thought this place would sell itself?
It is. That's why they're letting people know there are more dates available.

How did you ever think this was a failure when it's an obvious success?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I don’t think it’s people “like us” except in a general sense.

It’s more of a small scale buzz rush to get in on ground for now and probably 6-12 months?

My comparison on this - ironically - episode 1 and 7…
The cool thing to do was be seen going to it. Events…”hip”. But they were bad movies.

Not to say this is bad…I’m encouraged as of now…but a lot of the draw will be “look at me”…and that reminds you of the Star Wars, Cosplay AND Disney crowds…does it not?

Maybe this was a rare “ingenious” idea from the Bobs. They have them and it’s usually great for them and awful for us.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is. That's why they're letting people know there are more dates available.

How did you ever think this was a failure when it's an obvious success?
So 48 hours is when the clock runs out?

Come on…you can’t say things are toxic and one sided and then overcompensate.

It looks promising for now…definitely.

The next question is when do they vary the theme/period to appeal to repeat/new customers?

Isn’t that the play here?

Problem is the screw up with the ride…big flub there.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
OUCH!

The peasants waited 45+min even though they paid park admission + $LL + jumped through the waking-up-booking-online-by-7am/showing-up-at-their-assigned-time hoops?

Wow.

Welcome to WDW2022: pay extra and get treated like garbage.

What sad, sad scam.

But thanks for the warning.
You know, in the old free FP+ system, if a ride broke down, the FP+ lane would back up, too. Happens on a regular basis.

And we've been through all the debates of 'buying' expedited access to a ride with the new Genie+ system. It turns out, you get refunds or a return pass or an anytime LL.

So the issue is the Halcyon guests getting a jump on the ILL/G+ guests. But the cruise guests are on a time schedule. They can't come back later in the early evening. What they paid a whole lot more for than the ILL/G+ guests was for was the ability to participate in the storylines of the Halcyon. And if they get tied up in a back-up because of a ride break-down, it's obvious they should get the jump to the front.

And we've already covered in this thread the hair-on-fire supposed disaster of all those Halcyon guests ruining the park guests' experience...

So eager to take a turn at bat to pile on that you make unforced errors and wind up posting foolishness.

The occupants of the starcruiser can only show up one busload at a time. Even if it's one of those double long buses, that's only 100 people at a time arriving at Batuu from the starcruiser at a rate of maybe every 20 minutes (to allow for the bus's round trip).

The two rides in Batuu each have a capacity of about 1,700 people per hour. Let's even lowball it and say that practically it's only 1,000 PPH.

So, if 100 elite guests get into the Lightning Lane and hold up the regular line, how long will that back up last? Six minutes for the 100 of them. And the next busload isn't showing up for another 14 minutes.

And that's assuming they all make a beeline to just one ride and don't meander or split themselves up between the rides.

The four busloads of guests will barely be a blip in the line for the rides.

The aren't enough Halcyon guests to make an appreciable difference in the queue of rides that, together, process over 2,000 guests per hour.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You know, in the old free FP+ system, if a ride broke down, the FP+ lane would back up, too. Happens on a regular basis.

And we've been through all the debates of 'buying' expedited access to a ride with the new Genie+ system. It turns out, you get refunds or a return pass or an anytime LL.

So the issue is the Halcyon guests getting a jump on the ILL/G+ guests. But the cruise guests are on a time schedule. They can't come back later in the early evening. What they paid a whole lot more for than the ILL/G+ guests was for was the ability to participate in the storylines of the Halcyon. And if they get tied up in a back-up because of a ride break-down, it's obvious they should get the jump to the front.

And we've already covered in this thread the hair-on-fire supposed disaster of all those Halcyon guests ruining the park guests' experience...

The aren't enough Halcyon guests to make an appreciable difference in the queue of rides that, together, process over 2,000 guests per hour.
So the operation is going well in the park regarding crowds/ride capacity/maintenance/staffing?

…easy on the self quote there too, Pro👍🏻

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
When the few hundred people go in front of you, you will feel the impact..
Not on a ride that can process theoretically 1,700 per hour (or more like 1,000 operationally).

And "the few hundred" arrive about two dozen at a time every 15 minutes over the course of a few hours. And they divide themselves up between the two rides, Oga's, lunch, in-park 'missions', and shopping, or lightsaber building, or droid building.

You're not going to see a few hundred people marching past you to the front of the line. And even then a full mob of 100 people who all show up at once (as unlikely as that is to happen) will hold up the line for less than 6 minutes. And at most, every other day.

Just remember to make your DHS day the same day as "day one" of a cruise and you won't see any Halcyon guests at all.

_caleb

I don’t think it’s people “like us” except in a general sense.

It’s more of a small scale buzz rush to get in on ground for now and probably 6-12 months?

My comparison on this - ironically - episode 1 and 7…
The cool thing to do was be seen going to it. Events…”hip”. But they were bad movies.

Not to say this is bad…I’m encouraged as of now…but a lot of the draw will be “look at me”…and that reminds you of the Star Wars, Cosplay AND Disney crowds…does it not?

Maybe this was a rare “ingenious” idea from the Bobs. They have them and it’s usually great for them and awful for us.
I was mainly thinking of @lentesta

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
So 48 hours is when the clock runs out?

Come on…you can’t say things are toxic and one sided and then overcompensate.

It looks promising for now…definitely.

The next question is when do they vary the theme/period to appeal to repeat/new customers?

Isn’t that the play here?

Problem is the screw up with the ride…big flub there.
I quite literally do not know what you are talking about. You are so eager to rule this thread by your non-stop posting that it has turned into a babble of words.

What 48 hours?

What was toxic?

Why is there a play for anything? What are you referencing?

And after all that wink wink vague allusions, "it's really the rides fault!" conclusion makes anything you said before that meaningless.

I would love to debate or rebut or agree with you, but you got to slow down, stop responding to every single post, and type in complete sentences making it clear what you are talking about.

MickeyLuv'r

I find it difficult to believe that a few hundred people from Starcruiser across every other day has a measurable impact on anyone.
I was mostly commenting on the 45+min wait + paying for LL. That is crap.

WDW should deliver what they sell. Paid "Lightning Lane" should = quick access. If not, it is a scam.

IMO, it is just sad that Rise isn't reliable. It is even sadder that WDW chose to sell something called "Lightning Lane" for an unreliable attraction.

Now this? They didn't fix Rise BEOFRE they added this? The guy is happy he got to cut the line but didn't question why the line was 45+min in the first place.

If I was in line for Rise, and saw him getting to cut the line, I would be annoyed.

It is a bad visual.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I quite literally do not know what you are talking about. You are so eager to rule this thread by your non-stop posting that it has turned into a babble of words.

What 48 hours?

What was toxic?

Why is there a play for anything? What are you referencing?

And after all that wink wink vague allusions, "it's really the rides fault!" conclusion makes anything you said before that meaningless.

I would love to debate or rebut or agree with you, but you got to slow down, stop responding to every single post, and type in complete sentences making it clear what you are talking about.
You know exactly what I’m talking about. Anything to declare victory for Disney

That can’t be done on day 2. But they look like they have something at this point. More to follow.

corran horn

Not on a ride that can process theoretically 1,700 per hour (or more like 1,000 operationally).

And "the few hundred" arrive about two dozen at a time every 15 minutes over the course of a few hours. And they divide themselves up between the two rides, Oga's, lunch, in-park 'missions', and shopping, or lightsaber building, or droid building.

You're not going to see a few hundred people marching past you to the front of the line. And even then a full mob of 100 people who all show up at once (as unlikely as that is to happen) will hold up the line for less than 6 minutes. And at most, every other day.

Just remember to make your DHS day the same day as "day one" of a cruise and you won't see any Halcyon guests at all.
I feel like we litigated this a few hundred pages ago. 🤣

Disstevefan1

It’s simple. The folks who paid the most go first. All others wait in line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom