News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

Uh, because that's what I was lectured on a few hundred pages back?

I couldn't care less about LARP'ing, cosplay, or adults playing dress up for any make believe childish playtime.

If that's your thing, more power to you.

I'm just glad to see the kids having fun - at least they aren't sad and embarrassing.
It will be interesting to read and hear from the people that are going now after the freshness of the experience has worn off and it becomes a memory. The I did that? moment and the What was I thinking? moment and not to mention the I paid what for what? moment.

durangojim

It will be interesting to read and hear from the people that are going now after the freshness of the experience has worn off and it becomes a memory. The I did that? moment and the What was I thinking? moment and not to mention the I paid what for what? moment.
Yeah, that's what I was alluding to in a previous post. It's easy to be high on something when you first experience it but then hindsight tends to kick in and sometimes things don't seem as rosy.

Disstevefan1

The AC only goes to 68.
It is not as cold in space as we were lead to believe.
68 F is a usually a comfortable temp. I have heard of groups of 5 adults booking a single cabin to save money. My question is, what that cabin feels like when they cram 5 adults in there. I am sure the AC can't keep that cabin at 68 F when there is 5 adults in that small cabin with no windows.

Last edited:

pdude81

68 F is a usually a comfortable temp. I have heard of groups of 5 adults booking a single cabin to save money. My question is, what that cabin feels like when they cram 5 adults in there. I a sure the AC can't keep that cabin at 68 F when there is 5 adults in that small cabin with no windows.
The one shower and toilet is probably an issue also when the days are packed with activities.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
68 F is a usually a comfortable temp. I have heard of groups of 5 adults booking a single cabin to save money. My question is, what that cabin feels like when they cram 5 adults in there. I a sure the AC can't keep that cabin at 68 F when there is 5 adults in that small cabin with no windows.
It’s comfortable in a slightly less oppressive natural environment

But it really depends on the quality of hvac installed. If that’s right…you have no problem

Disstevefan1

The one shower and toilet is probably an issue also when the days are packed with activities.
Oh yes, this is so true! WDW has a history of plumbing and sewer issues; a lot of times in newer resorts too.
We know we will hear about this if it happens.
It may take two or three cruises; as the sewer pipes themselves have capacity before they fill up and starts backing up into the cabins.
If something like that happens, Disney will need to CANCEL cruises since they can't simply move folks to a different room like they do at the resorts.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The calendar now extends past September.

"Dates through September 30, 2022 are available for general booking today! Additional voyages with departures between October 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022 are available for general booking beginning March 4, 2022."

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 9.23.20 AM.png

GimpYancIent

Is it true the Starcruiser has tiered pricing too; peak times will cost more?
As much as folks are complaining about the price today, the price we see today will be the LOWEST price ever offered.

Disney does one of two things with stuff; raise the price or shut it down.
Anything is possible with this project until it detonates like the death star.

pdude81

Is it true the Starcruiser has tiered pricing too; peak times will cost more?
As much as folks are complaining about the price today, the price we see today will be the LOWEST price ever offered.

Disney does one of two things with stuff; raise the price or shut it down.
It has had variable pricing since the start. They quoted in cash the amount in late August during the week, but if you can find the DVC point chart it will give you an idea what is higher or lower related to those amounts. More or less it's "seasonal" pricing.

Touchdown

Hmm, just got an add from the AP newsletter that more dates are available to book. No discount yet, but I thought this place would sell itself?

donsullivan

Premium Member
OUCH!

The peasants waited 45+min even though they paid park admission + $LL + jumped through the waking-up-booking-online-by-7am/showing-up-at-their-assigned-time hoops?

Wow.

Welcome to WDW2022: pay extra and get treated like garbage.

What sad, sad scam.

But thanks for the warning.
I find it difficult to believe that a few hundred people from Starcruiser across every other day has a measurable impact on anyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom