News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Imhere

Actually, I didn't. Where were the videos of people establishing backstories, cast members treating them differently based on the characters they created, and participating in a game where the outcome wasn't decided in advance?

I thought that was the definition of LARP'ing.

All I've seen so far is a Star Wars themed kids day camp with some adults dressed up and playing along while others wear street clothes and cringe while watching them. I see an embarrassing "light saber" training experience that belongs at my local laser tag, dance lessons, horrible acting, and a barebones cafeteria with mood lighting.

If that is amazing and world-changing themed entertainment to you, then God bless.
So, I’ll put you down as a ‘maybe’?

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
All they really need to do is upgrade the seating and overall change the lighting a bit to make it feel more upscale (but not too dark)....I tried to do that below

Also, I think what would help is some more things in motion on that top lighting structure...so at least when you're there in person it would look more special. ...like all of those things rotating around would look cool (reminds me of some things in Final Fantasy X if anyone remembers that)

View attachment 624726
I was curious as to what happened to the tables from the Electric Umbrella.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Star Wars fandom is a huge and diverse place. Why do so many fans think everyone fans the way they fan?
1646281274650.png

MrPromey

I'd call anything cringey also crappy.

I guess but like I said, there were plenty of “media” videos I found cringy (I watched a lot in 2x speed because I found the persona/personalities grating) that still managed to show off the place better than Disney did.

Will I be subscribing to any of these annoying people on YouTube?

Nope.

Did they make the experience look closer in value to the price being charged than Disney has?

I’d say, without a doubt.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Viking cruises offers “highly detailed costumed characters interacting with your group, a personalized story arch, and high tech effects "out the wazoo?”

What’s the Viking version of pixie dust?
Their ships have tons of culture and artifacts. but character.. eeeeh nope..
For characters I think only Disney and Carnival have those now that RCCL dropped Dreamworks.

Cesar R M

Maybe S.E.A

IF the rumored new series is a hit.

I’m rooting for it, just because I want Disney to build attractions based on its own new IP rather than on what they keep buying it from others.
A Disney parks cinematic universe? o_O
While I'm ok with the battlestar thing. I just can't imagine they trying to pull a Ready Player One.
It will look way too similar to Kingdom Hearts?

TikibirdLand

I think you'll be the exception that will admit that they have delivered. Most will just sulk back into their hole and stop commenting. Happens all the time around here lately.
No sulking for me. I loved the videos and saw many chances for D to properly promote this. They could have started with a clip of the muster call with Luke's Theme running in the background. Follow that up with Lt. Croy's entrance with Darth Vader's theme behind it. Follow that up with some cuts of Gaia, followed with chases around the ship. The Dis's video had some great scenes that could make for some cool footage. Do that all with fast cuts and I think they could have causes a lot of excitement. But, all this droning on of the imagineers saying really nothing hasn't helped their case.

Loved the "long play dinner theater mixed with escape room puzzles and I'd love to participate in that. In the big scheme of things? Did they do a good job. Yes. Did they do a $1000/night good job? No. That's a hard "no".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom