News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

durangojim

No idea where I saw sorry. I've seen so many I cannot guess where it was. All I know is she said she was left out because she didn't do something right. She was with someone who did get to go wherever.

They did not say what at that moment. I stopped watching shortly after to see if it was better explained.
I know the folks from the Dis had an experience where 2 of them got to do the bridge thing and the other one wasn't allowed to join them which I felt was super weird. If that was young kids I am certain there'd be some major tears.

zombiebbq

Disney doesn't have a great past record of changing things. Once the initial development budget is used up to create story, scripts, looks etc. it tends to be rather set in stone. Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic, Indy, Star Tours 1, Toy Story Mania - and the list goes on.
Exactly. Some people ITT are acting like Disney is already in development for a new "experience" to replace this one. Queue a 18 months-2 years from now when it's the same experience at half the cost to ride Disney's Rip off Express Galactic Star Cruiser

JohnD

Bob Chapek on the Starcruiser.

Star-Wars-Galactic-Starcruiser_Full_46567.jpg
Is that the Enterprise D in the background?
Eaglemoss%2BStar%2BTrek%2BThe%2BNext%2BGeneration%2BBuild%2Bthe%2BUSS%2BEnterprise%2BD%2Bmodel.jpg

correcaminos

I know the folks from the Dis had an experience where 2 of them got to do the bridge thing and the other one wasn't allowed to join them which I felt was super weird. If that was young kids I am certain there'd be some major tears.
I'm pretty sure that is what it would've been. I did find it weird too that one could do it and the other wasn't allowed. I don't DIS (see thread on Disney silencing people for why LOL) but I am glad I didn't just imagine seeing this on a video and that others are reporting the same thing.

I agree, could you imagine your kid being told no? Or honestly, even anyone in your group who was trying to play along?

_caleb

In some of those cases, guest were going to get the chance to do the thing they wanted, just not at a later time. Remember, guests have different itineraries in order to break them up into smaller groups to minimize the actor/guest ratio during each story beat.

Also, the actors are going to respond to that sort of thing in realtime. If little Timmy REALLY wants to do the Bridge scene NOW, they can be flexible and change his family's itinerary on the fly.

@helenabear, I don't think there are any major scenes that guests are completely prevented from doing.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think that was so much excluded as not invited and informed about the meeting.

I'm sure any parent can play the "I'm not going to leave my child unattended" card and get them into the meeting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hey @MisterPenguin while we were going back and forth fighting over this thing’s relative value, we missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime by not booking a maiden voyage

correcaminos

He's so cute! I love watching his interviews.

@helenabear, I don't think thee are any major scenes that guests are completely prevented from doing.
I'm going by what they reported, not me. Sorry, but the person seemed disappointed they were left out. I get you are all ready to go to this and I don't mean to spoil that for you, but really not all of us are loving what we are seeing. Like I said I will need a month or so of real paid reviews to see what I think. Overall my impression is they missed the mark in style which is a huge killer and I never liked the timeline used (to me Kylo is D.E.D. dead) and just not really grown up ish enough for me. So understand some of us are more critical because it wasn't what we hoped.

erasure fan1

Exactly. Some people ITT are acting like Disney is already in development for a new "experience" to replace this one. Queue a 18 months-2 years from now when it's the same experience at half the cost to ride Disney's Rip off Express Galactic Star Cruiser
That's optimistic. In 2yrs all I see is half the effects not working and the R2 stationary in a corner for a photo op. :cautious:

dothebrdwalk

Just came here to write this comment. I was skeptical, then won over by the videos, but THIS story makes me skeptical again. If I go with a group of people for this experience, I'd like to stick with these people bc at the end of the day this is not real Star Wars, but a vacation! I go on vacation with people to experience things with them and to have 1 person wait outside while everyone else does it is just crazy.

Communicora

Premium Member
Just came here to write this comment. I was skeptical, then won over by the videos, but THIS story makes me skeptical again. If I go with a group of people for this experience, I'd like to stick with these people bc at the end of the day this is not real Star Wars, but a vacation! I go on vacation with people to experience things with them and to have 1 person wait outside while everyone else does it is just crazy.
Based on what was said, I’m guessing she skipped millennium falcon and therefore didn’t bring in any coaxium and wasn’t invited to a gathering that related to that. It didn’t seem random, so would be a situation you could easily avoid if you cared to.

dothebrdwalk

Based on what was said, I’m guessing she skipped millennium falcon and therefore didn’t bring in any coaxium and wasn’t invited to a gathering that related to that. It didn’t seem random, so would be a situation you could easily avoid if you cared to.
But should it need to be avoided? If a group wants to stay together to ride a ride, they aren't split up. Why is this any different? if my 8 year old doesn't want to ride Smuggler's Run and we do a rider switch, will they be excluded as well? I think this is a flaw in the system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom