News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

mmascari

I know the folks from the Dis had an experience where 2 of them got to do the bridge thing and the other one wasn't allowed to join them which I felt was super weird. If that was young kids I am certain there'd be some major tears.
Any chance that person was following a different path?

Perhaps they were choosing the First Order at each decision point while the other two were following the Resistance. A double agent on a different decision tree with different outcomes. Perhaps leading to a different bridge experience at a different time.

I didn't watch closely enough to see if the DIS group was really a "single party" or if was a "party of 2" and "party of 1" just doing it similar but not exactly the same. In the case of a single family group, I'm guessing little Johnny cannot throw everything to the dark side opposite the rest of the family following the light and end up on a unique and different path. But, I can completely see how two groups who are distinct and independent could make different decisions that lead to different paths, even if it's only a few decisions.

On the one side, nobody wants to miss anything, to do it all (if that's even possible). On the other side, everyone wants decisions that are made to impact the story line and path in unique ways where the decisions have consequences. It cannot be both.

correcaminos

Based on what was said, I’m guessing she skipped millennium falcon and therefore didn’t bring in any coaxium and wasn’t invited to a gathering that related to that. It didn’t seem random, so would be a situation you could easily avoid if you cared to.
Unless you deal with motion sickness... or hate rides like that as a whole. Sorry to say I don't want my stay dependent on having to ride something.

But should it need to be avoided? If a group wants to stay together to ride a ride, they aren't split up. Why is this any different? if my 8 year old doesn't want to ride Smuggler's Run and we do a rider switch, will they be excluded as well? I think this is a flaw in the system.
Admittedly this is a concern I hadn't even thought of. Though I have been with party members who don't do motion well at all. Thank goodness Star Tours isn't required. One of ours will never ride it again.... thank goodness IMO ;)

_caleb

He's so cute! I love watching his interviews.

I'm going by what they reported, not me. Sorry, but the person seemed disappointed they were left out. I get you are all ready to go to this and I don't mean to spoil that for you, but really not all of us are loving what we are seeing. Like I said I will need a month or so of real paid reviews to see what I think. Overall my impression is they missed the mark in style which is a huge killer and I never liked the timeline used (to me Kylo is D.E.D. dead) and just not really grown up ish enough for me. So understand some of us are more critical because it wasn't what we hoped.
I actually have no plans to visit the Starcruiser. I'm just excited that Disney is doing something so different and I'm frustrated with my fellow Parks/Star Wars fans don't seem to get it.

I have no problem with those who understand it and still don't like it or for those who understand it but wish Disney had done something different.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's the source for #LeftOutGate:

One of the members of the trio didn't pick up a mission to complete on Batuu, or, didn't complete it on their datapad (but her partner did on his). So, she didn't get let in to a secret mission. BUT, she says she used that time to do something else that the other two didn't get to do, so, she was cool with it.

As has been said many times in this thread, you can't do everything. Multiple storylines branch out and their meetings happen simultaneously in different places.

Check with the staff when you arrive, but I'm willing to guess that a couple or a family can act as a group with just one datapad and therefore never get separated. If that's not the case, then make sure everyone is clicking the same missions and completing the missions on their own datapad.

Last edited:

correcaminos

I actually have no plans to visit the Starcruiser. I'm just excited that Disney is doing something so different and I'm frustrated with my fellow Parks/Star Wars fans don't seem to get it.

I have no problem with those who understand it and still don't like it or for those who understand it but wish Disney had done something different.
So how do you know that "we don't get it"? Seriously I've been a fan since I could walk quite literally and I grew up loving SW. I also have been doing the parks since I was 5 years old - so 40 years now. I get it, I just don't like it enough to plunk down whatever the cost is for the larger cabin (cuz my 5'8" kid won't be in one of those bunks). If they offered a day option at like $1k a person I actually would probably do it and shove aside my dislike of some of the issues as I wouldn't feel trapped for 2 nights in a place that I know darn well I'd mentally pick apart. For $3k I'd pay the day, yes. The likely $8K or even honestly $6k causing me to go to GE and such I wouldn't. Money isn't our issue either. I'm waiting on ROFR for a DVC add on instead, so it's not the cost. It's the value for what I will get and I don't think I'd be happy. My massive SW friend happens to agree. My spouse is not a SW fan nor a huge Disney fan so he doesn't care. My 14yo thinks the stuff looks cheesy.

_caleb

Any chance that person was following a different path?

Perhaps they were choosing the First Order at each decision point while the other two were following the Resistance. A double agent on a different decision tree with different outcomes. Perhaps leading to a different bridge experience at a different time.

I didn't watch closely enough to see if the DIS group was really a "single party" or if was a "party of 2" and "party of 1" just doing it similar but not exactly the same. In the case of a single family group, I'm guessing little Johnny cannot throw everything to the dark side opposite the rest of the family following the light and end up on a unique and different path. But, I can completely see how two groups who are distinct and independent could make different decisions that lead to different paths, even if it's only a few decisions.

On the one side, nobody wants to miss anything, to do it all (if that's even possible). On the other side, everyone wants decisions that are made to impact the story line and path in unique ways where the decisions have consequences. It cannot be both.
I've seen at least one video where I'm pretty sure the First Order separated someone from their party (this is all in-story, by the way–nobody is being physically restrained against their will) in order to create some suspicion among their group.

The Rebel Spy was like, "Why was your friend talking to the First Order guy?" and the group was like, "Yeah, why WERE you talking to that guy?"

_caleb

So how do you know that "we don't get it"? Seriously I've been a fan since I could walk quite literally and I grew up loving SW. I also have been doing the parks since I was 5 years old - so 40 years now. I get it, I just don't like it enough to plunk down whatever the cost is for the larger cabin (cuz my 5'8" kid won't be in one of those bunks). If they offered a day option at like $1k a person I actually would probably do it and shove aside my dislike of some of the issues as I wouldn't feel trapped for 2 nights in a place that I know darn well I'd mentally pick apart. For $3k I'd pay the day, yes. The likely $8K or even honestly $6k causing me to go to GE and such I wouldn't. Money isn't our issue either. I'm waiting on ROFR for a DVC add on instead, so it's not the cost. It's the value for what I will get and I don't think I'd be happy. My massive SW friend happens to agree. My spouse is not a SW fan nor a huge Disney fan so he doesn't care. My 14yo thinks the stuff looks cheesy.
By "get it," I mean, "understand what the Starcruiser experience is supposed to be." And I don't know who "gets it" and who doesn't, but man, have I seen TONS of posts here that indicate people are evaluating this based on bad information, misunderstanding, and weird expectations.

I'm here to talk about the Starcruiser with people who understand what it is, regardless of whether or not they like it.

Cesar R M

Number of v/bloggers commenting that they're pulling up to a giant coffin: 0.00
isnt @wdwmagic attending?

Also, I wonder if there will be star wars themed coffins.
I'd love to get the TMNT one XD

1646172919081.png

_caleb

In one video, a guy who's 6'3" lays down in one of the bunk beds. I think your 5'8" kid would be fine.

Also, some of the cheesy stuff is supposed to be cheesy (and even knowing this, plenty of people will sill not like it) because it's all done in service of the storyline.

In the end, the Starcruiser isn't for everyone–even if they're huge fans of Star Wars! It's really a very different sort of entertainment, and I think some people who might initially not be too excited about the whole thing could really enjoy it if they'd let their hair down and let themselves get into it.

mergatroid

One of the members of the trio didn't pick up a mission to complete on Batuu, or, didn't complete it on their datapad (but her partner did on his). So, she didn't get let in to a secret mission. BUT, she says she used that time to do something else that the other two didn't get to do, so, she was cool with it.

As has been said many times in this thread, you can't do everything. Multiple storylines branch out and their meetings happen simultaneously in different places.

Check with the staff when you arrive, but I'm willing to guess that a couple or a family can act as a group with just one datapad and therefore never get separated. If that's not the case, then make sure everyone is clicking the same missions and completing the missions on their own datapad.
Watching numerous videos this is definitely the impression I'm getting. On this thread today we have complaints that nothing you do has any impact on your experience, but we also are getting complaints that people who choose a different path miss out on that story line 'bit' which impacts your experience. I imagine Disney realised that if too much was different for different guests, that there'd be resentment from others. However if everything was the same for every guest then the decision making would be redundant, so they've gone for the middle ground. As much for being immersive as anything else it would be odd if the person who'd just helped lock two storm troopers up helping the resistance, then insisted on doing the mission of releasing the same troopers helping the first order. The troopers would have to 'pretend' not to recognise somebody who minutes earlier pushed them in a room, laughing as they locked them in.

The other issue seems to be that if you make certain choices that you end up doing experience A, whilst at the same time somebody else is doing experience B. As both are happening simultaneously, how could people do both without slowing down the process? A and B are repeated at different times each day I'm sure, however by offering so many options it would be impossible for everyone to do everything in the time they have. They could reduce the number of experiences so everyone does everything, but wouldn't that reduce the fluidity of the story line again making any decision making redundant from the go and offer less experiences for any returning guests?

GimpYancIent

I have been a Disney fan since the original Mickey Mouse club days (how many remember Annette Funicello), yes, the good old days. My enthusiasm and motivation to go to a Disney property finally went to zero (0) in 2021with the final straw being my children and grandchildren informing me they had no interest in going to any Disney parks anymore. I thought the Galactic Star Cruiser experience would be that special thing to want to go to WDW since my whole family are SW fans, but the response was MEH. So, cost is not an issue, the deriving an experience worth the cost is. So, to all that go I say enjoy I will not be going and from the conversations with my children and grandchildren neither will they.

mmascari

In the flood of messages this week I may have missed it, but did any of the reviews talk about the number of data pads? Clearly, everyone is getting their own magic band, but does everyone get a data pad? Does a family of 4 get 4 or 2 or 3 or just 1? When you do one of those missions where you have to tap your magic band, does everyone in the party have to tap? Can you group a bunch of people so that only one person (preferably any of them) can take the action and it counts for all of them? Alternatively, can you split up on purpose and all do different things?

I've seen at least one video where I'm pretty sure the First Order separated someone from their party (this is all in-story, by the way–nobody is being physically restrained against their will) in order to create some suspicion among their group.

The Rebel Spy was like, "Why was your friend talking to the First Order guy?" and the group was like, "Yeah, why WERE you talking to that guy?"
Which gets into the question about how the game is being played then too, and it's consequences.

Is that family of 4:

A single group on a single decision tree. Perhaps some minor variation within the tree for each of them within all the same locations. That one kid is the spy and get's a spy talk more than once but they're always at the same spots as the others. Or, maybe the spy talk is really meaningless to the path and just a diversion. Perhaps a diversion from a real spy group that is independent.

Are they four independent groups? Lots of variation possible, and little Johnny wants to be Sith Lord so his path and locations are wildly divergent.

Some number between 1 and 4?

In the old EPCOT scavenger hunt, it was basically the same path for everyone. With 2 kids doing it, they did all the same stuff. With the sorcerer cards in MK, we did one play not one for each kid. Both kids doing independent cards would have likely lead to very different paths around the park. This thing is worlds more complex than those games were.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The irony is... people were complaining about not enough to do .. repeatability... and at the same time are upidity that they may not get to do EVERYTHING in a single visit.

People are just at the point of complaining to complain.

corran horn

Here's the source for #LeftOutGate:

I'm fighting spoiling myself on storylines so I don't miss out...fighting it...fighting it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom